Thread: Giuliani in South Jersey

New Jerseyan

Default Giuliani in South Jersey

Driving down the expressway into Atlantic co I heard on the radio that there is some political rally Monday evening in Cape May - Rudy Giuliani is supposed to attend - don't know all the details but its at Congress Hall which has been fixed up real nice.

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NJBarb
    Driving down the expressway into Atlantic co I heard on the radio that there is some political rally Monday evening in Cape May - Rudy Giuliani is supposed to attend - don't know all the details but its at Congress Hall which has been fixed up real nice.
    Hey - no using the "south" word. That goes for "north" also. I see it's going to be a long road before people start using southern NEW Jersey and northern NEW Jersey.

Anyway - Giuliani was in Bridgewater yesterday, so I guess he is truly campaigning in ALL of New Jersey and not just one part of it. It woudl have been very easy for him to just stick to the northern section where he was mayor of that city across the river (what's it called again? ) I wonder how many other candidates will make it to NJ. Even though we're one of the largest states, we've always been ignored in presidential primaries because they would take place in June - after it's all over.

By the way - to go back to the conventions having meaning and also o make it even for ALL states AND to have people donate on issues versus who won the last primary - I think that ALL votes should be sealed and the candidate should not be announced until the convention. I do not think that any primary results should be announced until they do role call. For one thing, the states are supposed to be reporting at the convention to say how their state voted and cast their vote for that particular candidate. It's ridiculous that they have the convention and EVERY state votes for the candidate on stag (for the most part), even though their state in most cases didn't actually vote for that candidate. It would bring back meaning to the Convention and be more like election night.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

New Jerseyan

We are far from one of the largest states and only have about 15 electorial votes. In the scheme of things, that isn't a lot of votes. I just hope the people in south Jersey take to him like those of us up in north Jersey!
    NEW JERSEY HISTORY SECOND TO NONE !

Quote Originally Posted by NJPRIDE
    We are far from one of the largest states and only have about 15 electorial votes. In the scheme of things, that isn't a lot of votes. I just hope the people in south Jersey take to him like those of us up in north Jersey!
    We are actually a large state. We're the 10th largest state in terms of population and electoral votes. We're also a very rich state - and can be very powerful politically if we actually pushed our weight around for the interest of New Jersey.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

New Jersey Proud!

New Jerseyan

I think 'south' and 'north' are relevant in long states - Florida refers to 'South Florida' and 'the panhandle' and there's 'northern California and Southern California' - because the interests are so different - my area outside of philly is built up and very suburban but way south in Cumberland and Salem cos and parts of Atlantic and Cape May co there are areas that are very poor - seems like all the development media and political interest originate in the North.

Quote Originally Posted by NJBarb
    I think 'south' and 'north' are relevant in long states - Florida refers to 'South Florida' and 'the panhandle' and there's 'northern California and Southern California' - because the interests are so different - my area outside of philly is built up and very suburban but way south in Cumberland and Salem cos and parts of Atlantic and Cape May co there are areas that are very poor - seems like all the development media and political interest originate in the North.
    I don't argue about using a distinction when talking about a certain part of the state - I argue about the term South Jersey and North Jersey with capital letters since they are not proper nouns - the south and north are used as adjectives. Also, as in California - it should be southern NEW Jersey and northern NEW Jersey, as you will notice I pointed out in the above post. There is a whole thread about this in the New Jersey Discussion forum. The terms "South Jersey" and "North Jersey" are very divisive and treats New Jersey as two different states. It's time for NJ to work together if we are going to grow and identity and work for the betterment of ALL of New Jersey.

Anway - this is off topic and should be discussed in the North Versus South thread.

New Jersey Proud!