Thread: Flight 93

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Default Flight 93

I was wondering if anyone has seen this or plans on seeing it. I have to admit, I am seriously considering going to see it. I lived about two miles from Tod Beamer - who is famous on the plane for saying "Let's Roll" It will be seriously a hard film to see, I had been to the Twin Towers only a month before 9/11. So what are people's thoughts?
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

New Jersey Tour Guide Jersey Warren's Avatar

Default Flight 93

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
    I was wondering if anyone has seen this or plans on seeing it. I have to admit, I am seriously considering going to see it. I lived about two miles from Tod Beamer - who is famous on the plane for saying "Let's Roll" It will be seriously a hard film to see, I had been to the Twin Towers only a month before 9/11. So what are people's thoughts?
    I'll bet it will be an emotion-filled film, but I would like to see it. I may wait until it comes into video. I was very proud of the fact that Todd Beamer and Jeremy Glick (who lived in my old town of Upper Saddle River, though I never met him) came through heroically.

My brother, Gary, who works on Wall Street, had an appointment at Cantor Fitzgerald on the morning of September 10th. And his PATH train stopped beneath the towers about 15 minutes before the first attack. As you recall, practically everyone at Cantor Fitzgerald died.

My brother Greg works at NJIT in Newark with a man whose wife was a hero on 9-11. She was H.R. administrator of a company at the WTC and went up a few flights to make sure everyone had evacuated, instead of going down to safety. She lost her life when the second plane hit. My brother, Gary, also knew her from the Wall Street H.R. administrators association.

I remember telling people at the time that the plane that left from Newark was the only hijacked plane where the pasengers fought back. Though they did have more information than the passengers on the other flights, I also like to think that the indomitable New Jersey spirit was a contributing factor.
    Last edited by Jersey Warren; 05-10-2006 at 10:01 AM. Reason: typo

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

My cousin Steve saw the movie and he said he highly recommends it. he said it doesn't make any poilitical statements, it just shows what is known about what happened with the terrorists, the passengers and the plane. I really do plan on seeing it I think.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

I saw it. It was a very good and emotional film. There was nothing controversal about it.

Small Handheld camera were used during the filming, so it looks as if you were really one of the passengers.

I used to know one of the relatives of the man you said "Let's Role".

I highly reccomend the film.

Recent Resident

Highly emotional eh? I'd see it then. I just hope it doesn't get too deep for I hate crying.