Thread: A NJ Survery..

Default A NJ Survery..

Again as a request from JD...

And because I'm interested: I'm planning on doing a survey here in Israel about NJ... how much the average Israeli knows about New Jersey. I haven't started yet, I'm making a list of questions and would like your help. I have three till now:

1) Where is the Statue of Liberty?
    2) What is New Jersey?
    3) Where is New Jersey located?

Thanks.

New Jersey Tour Guide Jersey Warren's Avatar

Default New Jersey survey for Israelis

Quote Originally Posted by Radagast

And because I'm interested: I'm planning on doing a survey here in Israel about NJ... how much the average Israeli knows about New Jersey. I haven't started yet, I'm making a list of questions and would like your help. I have three till now:

2) What is New Jersey?

Thanks.
    Here's one:

4) How do New Jersey and Israel compare in area and population?*

* answer: They are remarkably close in both categories: Both are slightly over 8,000 square miles in area (about 20,700 sq kilometers). New Jersey has about 8,698,000 people to Israel's 7,026,000.
    Last edited by Jersey Warren; 05-10-2006 at 11:17 AM. Reason: typo

New Jerseyan

Default N.J.Survey

One question that could be asked is , what state is Ellis Island in ? We know that one now thanks to Gov. Whitmans victory over n.y. in the Supreme Court . You could also ask what state had the most battles fought in it during the Revolutionary War and than you can point out AMERICAS INDEPENDENCE WAS WON IN N.J. !
    NEW JERSEY HISTORY SECOND TO NONE !

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Radagast

2) What is New Jersey?

Thanks.
    Most of these facts come from NJ's state web site.
    State bird: The Eastern Goldfinch
    State tree: The official state tree is the red oak, Quercus borealis maxima.
    State Flower: The Common Violet (Viola sororia)
    State Insect: The honey bee, apis mellifera.
    State Animal: Horse (Equus caballus)

You should take a look and see which facts would be more appropriate for your survey.
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

NJ & You, Perfect Together

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

For an international crowd, I would not expect them to knwo our state symbols. I think knowing the history and location and some landmark events in NJ is the most we can hope for. Even New Jerseyans don't know the symbols.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Warren
    Here's one:

4) How do New Jersey and Israel compare in area and population?*

* answer: They are remarkably close in both categories: Both are slightly over 8,000 square miles in area (about 20,700 sq kilometers). New Jersey has about 8,698,000 people to Israel's 7,026,000.
    Nice one. NJ is even a big larger in area and population actually... but Israel will soon reach it in population it seems!

One question that could be asked is , what state is Ellis Island in ? We know that one now thanks to Gov. Whitmans victory over n.y. in the Supreme Court . You could also ask what state had the most battles fought in it during the Revolutionary War and than you can point out AMERICAS INDEPENDENCE WAS WON IN N.J. !
    Hmmm... Ellis Island is much like Statue of Liberty though, isn't it? Or am I mistaken..? There's Liberty island somewhere in there too...

About the Revolutionary War... we don't even learn it in school. I really think you'd have close to 0% if you ask such a question.

And I agree with JD, Mithrandir: I doubt anyone would know the states even have any symbols.