Thread: WIFES 2ND SURGERY

Default WIFES 2ND SURGERY

My wife just had her second Hip replacement surgery today and everything went well. I can go see her in a couple of hours. As we were waiting earlier at the hospital we looked down on the floor and their were 4 Yankee Redsox tickets for this tuesday just sitting their. I asked around nobody claimed them so finders keepers.
    DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

I hope she's doing well Dave and have fun at the Yankees/Red Sox game. They must have left the tickets, because who really wants to see a NY team.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Im going to see if I can trade them for DEVILS tickets. She is doing great I just got home from the hospital
    DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR

New Jersey Tour Guide Jersey Warren's Avatar

Default Dve's wife, and the Yankees-Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
    I hope she's doing well Dave and have fun at the Yankees/Red Sox game. They must have left the tickets, because who really wants to see a NY team.
    First of all Dave, please accept my best wishes for your wife's speedy recovery.

About the Yankees: When I was growing up in Bergen County, almost everyone was a Yankees fan. Ralph Houk, the Yankee manager, lived in Saddle River, and my brother and I saw him in a grocery store once. My next door neighbor had a season box at Yankee Stadiium (less than an hour from our house) and sometimes gave us four tickets. Nevertheless, just to be obstinate, I rooted for the Chicago White Sox for years, (since they were playing the Yankees at the first game I ever attended!)

However, I always had a secret soft spot for the Yankees, since so many of them lived in Bergen County. I considered the Yankees to be the team of all the corporate executives living in Bergen County, and the Mets to be the team of New York outer-borough "Archie Bunkers."

When I moved to the Boston area in 1972, I discovered that Red Sox fans HATED the Yankees! So what did I do? I immediately became a Yankees fan!

If New Jersey had a major league team, I would, of course, support them instead of the Yankees. But so far, there is none. I root for the Devils and Nets, but to be honest, I never followed NBA basketball or NHL hockey that much.

I became a Giants football fan when they moved from Yankee Stadium to Giants Stadium, because they were the first major league/pro team to play in New Jersey. Naturally, I always hoped that they would drop the New York from their name. (I even referred to them, privately, as "the Jersey Giants"). I never had any interest in the Jets, since, during their years at Shea Stadium, I considered them to be football's equivilent of the Mets a New York outer-borough team. (As you can see, I have a "half a loaf is better than none" philosophy about sports teams.)

When I met my wife, Martha, she was a Red Sox fan, having grown up in Lynn, Massachusetts. So I tell people we have a "mixed marriage"!
    Last edited by Jersey Warren; 05-05-2006 at 11:57 AM.

New Jersey Tour Guide

Hi Dave, I hope your wife feels better soon. Give her my best. My prayers are with her for a speedy recovery. Marianita