View Poll Results: What are your thoughts on the Dual Office Holding Bill?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's great - about time!

0 0%
  • It's good, but doesn't go far enough.

4 80.00%
  • We didn't need it - politicians have a right to hold multiple offices.

0 0%
  • Didn't know politicians could hold more than one office at the same time.

1 20.00%

Thread: New Jersey's Dual Office Holding Bill Signed by Corzine

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Default New Jersey's Dual Office Holding Bill Signed by Corzine

So what do people think of this? I think it's great - finally it seems like Corzine did something - however - I also don't think it goes far enough. Why are current members exempt from it. My feeling is - NJ politician who holds a dual office holding and doesn't voluntarily give them up - except for one - I think should be voted out of office. Of course that won't happen. I also like that voting records will now be available online - of course - will it be buried in the website - or will it be easily gotten to.

The New Jersey government has been corrupt for so long - with corrupt politicians it's hard to tell if they will just get through with loop holes. I guess time will tell - but it's up to us as New Jersey citizens and voters to make sure that politicians represent us and not their own self interest.

BTW - some of the comments from some politicians on why it's bad to limit office holding is laughable. One person said it enabled knowledgeable leaders to get elected and now it will be harder to get competent people into office. Sorry - but it doesn't prevent experienced politicians from being elected to a second office - they just can't hold two or in some cases even three at the same time. I think contrary to that pesron's opinion - it will actually allow new blood into the system instead of people tied to the political bosses. Maybe we can get people who actually care about New Jersey - instead of just their own political career!
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

New Jerseyan

Dual office holding is a joke! If you want another job in "public service" then volunteer yourself! Remember when Codey's brother cobbled together enough jobs a few years before his retirement to push his lifetime pension up to over $90,000! That's the only reason these money grubbing pols want multiple jobs - if they can draw enough from the public dole in the 3 yrs before retirement they're set for life - and I give no credit to Corzine, but to the little tax reform groups that threw some light on this - Corzine can afford to sign the bill because he is independently wealthy. No sacrifice for him.

Well I agree. It was more a feel good legislature to say "see i took a stand". But just like property tax - it's too little. There isn't even going to be an ethics hearing until AFTER the elections. Why? Is that to protect the democrats who are up for reelection? Probably. Trenton works in a media vacuum - so it is very difficult to get serious change there and get the voting public aware of what goes on.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

New Jersey Proud!

New Jerseyan

Trenton works in a media vaccum is absolutely right! How I wish there was some good local talk radio that carried through the state to keep us all up on Trenton's antics! We are dominated by Philly in the center and to the south and by NYC in the North - and Sean, Rush, etc are fine but they aren't home boys. When I go to the AC area, I sometimes here a few local stations that give up a lot of time to talk but the hosts are so lame and not up to or not interested in taking on Trenton.

Post NJ Multiple Job Holders

Why are New Jerseyans putting up with public employees holding so many jobs and collecting outrageous salaries.

Look at this...

Code:
    MURRAY    	DAMIAN G  	BEACHWOOD BOROUGH...............$25,170   	
    MURRAY   	DAMIAN G 	ISLAND HEIGHTS BOROUGH..........$10,788 
    MURRAY   	DAMIAN G 	LACEY TOWNSHIP......................$54,000  	
    MURRAY   	DAMIAN G 	LAKEHURST BOROUGH.................$19,996
    MURRAY   	DAMIAN G 	LITTLE EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP....$44,362  	
    MURRAY   	DAMIAN G 	SEASIDE HEIGHTS BOROUGH.........$53,000 
    MURRAY   	DAMIAN G 	STAFFORD TOWNSHIP.................$41,728 
    MURRAY   	DAMIAN G 	TOMS RIVER TOWNSHIP...............$52,782
    Grand total - $301,826 per year!!!!

How can anyone have so many jobs and do any of them well??? New Jerseyans really need to demand that this ends. This is OUR tax money paying for these people's salaries. They are OUR employees and we need to demand accountability from them and OUR government.

For a complete list of double dippers - look at NJ Multiple Job Holders in 2007

NJ really does need it's own network news stations so we can keep an eye on our government. I don't give a damn on what is happening in Albany, NYC, Philadelphia or Harrisburg - I care about what is happening in OUR government. That is right - I care about what is happening in Trenton and New JERSEY. Until New Jerseyans start caring about what is happening in our own state, instead of always concerned about what is happening across the rivers, our government will continue to take New Jerseyans for granted and rape our state as they line their OWN pockets.

New Jersey Proud!

I had forgotten I had this thread, so I merged my new "Dual Office Holding" thread into this. New Jerseyans have to seriously demand an end to this nonsense by our politicians.

New Jersey Proud!