Thread: The Unofficial Garden State Parkway Homepage

New Jersey Tour Guide Jersey Warren's Avatar

Default The Unofficial Garden State Parkway Homepage

Someone created this interesting website about the Garden State Parkway. Whoever did it obviously had a strong interest in one of New Jersey's "signature" toll roads.

http://members.aol.com/GSPFan/parkway.htm

I borrowed this graphic off the website, showing the Welcome to New Jersey sign as you cross the state line from the New York State Thruway to the Parkway. I crossed that spot hundreds of times on return visists to New Jersey when I lived in New England.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jersey Warren; 04-26-2006 at 08:34 AM.

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

JW -

I moved this to the Transportation Forum.

AboutNewJersey.com also has a transportation section, although it needs to be fleshed out with more information on the train and the light rail system. Also, it's not an indepth discussion on the roads themselves, like the site you provided.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

New Jersey Tour Guide Jersey Warren's Avatar

Smile Thanks for Putting It in the Right Place!

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
    JW -

I moved this to the Transportation Forum.

AboutNewJersey.com also has a transportation section, although it needs to be fleshed out with more information on the train and the light rail system. Also, it's not an indepth discussion on the roads themselves, like the site you provided.
    JD,

I can tell you are super organized with this site, and it may take me a while to learn "where everything goes."

As a little postscript about that "Welcome to New Jersey" sign: When I lived in Massachusetts for 17 years, I'd often get homesick and visited New Jersey every summer and at Christmas time. I can't recall how many times the site of that sign sent chills rushing up and down my spine like the feeling you get when the Star Spangled Banner is played by a band at a 4th of July parade.

As you headed north on the Parkway, the last Parkway exit (Montvale) where I'd got off for my home for many years while growing up was number 172. (The GSP has since added an exit 173.)

I usually play along with the jokers who make fun of New Jersey: When they ask me "What Exit?" I pretend to take them literally and reply, "172"!

There is also a sign that reads: "Last Exit in New Jersey."

I would love to place another sign under that one that reads: "Get off before it's too late"!
    Last edited by Jersey Warren; 04-26-2006 at 10:45 AM.

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Warren
    JD,

I can tell you are super organized with this site, and it may take me a while to learn "where everything goes."
    I try to gkeep it organized. If someone posts something in the wrong location, I just move it. Sometimes it isn't always clear, even for myself, where I think something should go.
    As a little postscript about that "Welcome to New Jersey" sign: When I lived in Massachusetts for 17 years, I'd often get homesick and visited New Jersey every summer and at Christmas time. I can't recall how many times the site of that sign sent chills rushing up and down my spine like the feeling you get when the Star Spangled Banner is played by a band at a 4th of July parade.

As you headed north on the Parkway, the last Parkway exit (Montvale) where I'd got off for my home for many years while growing up was number 172. (The GSP has since added an exit 173.)

I usually play along with the jokers who make fun of New Jersey: When they ask me "What Exit?" I pretend to take them literally and reply, "172"!

There is also a sign that reads: "Last Exit in New Jersey."

I would love to place another sign under that one that reads: "Get off before it's too late"!
    There is one welcome sign that I am completely against and that's the "Welcome to NJ" at Exit 0 on the parkway. 99% of the people never left New Jersey. Is Cape May NOT part of New Jersey? The thing tht is really ironic is that that is one of the FEW LARGE New Jersey welcome signs in the state. I keep being told, well it's for the people coming off the Lewes Ferry and I tell them, well then put it at the docks of the Lewes Ferry, not at the parkway several miles from where they get off. It also assumes that these visitors are actually going to go north and NOT south to Cape May.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Tourist

Default The Unofficial Garden State Parkway Homepage

Kevin - no Southwest Parkway, no Whole Foods Market? Is someone scratching my back, ha?

I give you credit for the information provided from your Fort Worthology website, much appreciated.