Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
The Rise of MetroNewark

Thread: The Rise of MetroNewark

Default The Rise of MetroNewark

Several projects are going up in the general area of downtown Newark. The Prudential Center of course everyone is aware of, but then there's a few projects in Harrison including the new Red Bull Park, but there is much more than just that. It all goes toward building an area that is replete with jobs, entertainment, and residences, a true downtown area for New Jersey's greatest city.

Prudential Center

As the Prudential Center rides the last few months towards completion, across the river, two projects improve the view and value of Newark's downtown skyscrapers.

Harrison Commons

Harrison MetroCenter

Minish Park has been underway for a few years now.

A drawing off of one of the City's Planning releases of what the downtown area around Minish Park will hopefully look like with new developments:
    Last edited by NewarkDevil5; 08-02-2007 at 09:22 AM.

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

I am very happy with the progress being made in Newark - something so many people have stated would never happen. I also love the redevelopment going on across the river in Harrison - I just resent that that the team you mentioned has the nerve to call themselves "New York" while taking $85 million from New Jersey to build their stadium and when they don't play nor represent NY. It's also funny - that team doesn't get any real notice from the NY media at all. I only heard them mentioned once on channel 7, while News 12 NJ covers them in depth. AboutNewJersey.com will not cover the pseudo NY teams. We will support the indoor soccer team - the New JERSEY Ironmen which will play in the Prudential Center. Some may think that they're not as "big" or "important" as an MLS team, but AboutNewJersey.com isn't about big names - its About New Jersey.

Now that I went on that rant, I'll say that I see many positive things coming out of Cory Booker. He seems to be making tough decisions that need to be made to turn Newark around and many of which should be made at the state level - but no one seems to have the guts. I just don't want Newark - the 3rd oldest city in America - to be considered a suburb of New York.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

NewarkDevil5,

Good post and great photos.

I was not aware of all the construction that is going on in Newark. I was only aware of the work being done on State Route 21 which will improve the traffic situation in Newark.

Will the light rail connect to Newark Penn Station?
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

NJ & You, Perfect Together

The light rail is actually already completed and runs from the bottom of the steps at Broad Street Train Station to the Newark City Subway terminus at under Penn Station. Here's the downtown portion of the Newark Light Rail map from NJTransit:

Last edited by NewarkDevil5; 08-02-2007 at 09:16 AM.