Thread: New at Great Adventure for 2006

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Default New at Great Adventure for 2006

Well Great Adventures is about to open - this weekend as a matter of fact. I'll be going on Saturday. I would have loved to have gone opening night on Friday but I have anothe event I'm going to.

So what's new in 2006? Well let's see, for the younger set they just built a brand new kids section called "Bugs Bunny National Park" This is open at the start of the season and sure to be a hit with younger kids.

For people who are more into a thrill, there is the new roller coaster, El Toro which will be opening in late spring (I'm estimating sometime in May - early June). This will be the centerpiee for their new section called Plaza del Carnaval which has a coastal Mexican theme.

In addition, Great Adventure is adding "Brunch with Bugs" and a new parade. I've learned that GA will be concentrating on the customer experience more. Fxing up the park, making sure rides are open, clean bathrooms, improved employee training, etc. There are a lot of things happening at GA this year and the years ahead.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

New Jerseyan

Default great adventure

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe I once saw an add refering to Great Adventure in Jackson NEW JERSEY as , I hate to say it but here goes Great Adventure N.Y.
    NEW JERSEY HISTORY SECOND TO NONE !

Quote Originally Posted by NJPRIDE
    Correct me if I am wrong but I believe I once saw an add refering to Great Adventure in Jackson NEW JERSEY as , I hate to say it but here goes Great Adventure N.Y.
    I'm not sure what you mean here. I know they specify in their commercials that it's in Jackson NJ. Of course we produced a video which you can see on the site "Great Adventure's Fright Fest" and we state Jackson NJ. If you watch the video, you'll have to wade through the introduction.

They aren't going to change the name to Great Adventure NY though.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

New Jersey Proud!

New Jerseyan

Default great adventure

It was a long time ago that I think I saw the add . I just went on the Six Flags web site and it did say New Jersey .
    NEW JERSEY HISTORY SECOND TO NONE !

Quote Originally Posted by NJPRIDE
    It was a long time ago that I think I saw the add . I just went on the Six Flags web site and it did say New Jersey .
    Oh they NEVER advertised Great Adventure as being NY. I know that. An employee of Great Adventure was helping out the New Jersey booth at the Travel Show this past weekend. I worked with her most of the day. If they ended up changing it to Great Adventure NY or something - I would seriously be shocked. As much as it would pain me - I would have to take the same action with them as I have with the sports teams who wear NY on their uniforms. Having worked with Great Adventures on numerous occasions, I don't forsee that happening.

New Jersey Proud!