Well today I did a little exploring around the area I live and work in - the Lamberton area of Trenton. I had to drop off my registration for the 2006 Governor's Conference on Tourism at NJTIA (New Jersey Tourirms Industry Association) which just happened to be a couple of blocks from me at 414 Riverview Plaza near Thunder Stadium.

On the way back I decided to explore Waterfront Park. Now I can't wait till spring. The park is really really nice, with historical markers explaning the history of the area. In the brickwork they have granite slaps with historical milestones. At the southern most end they have arches that represent pre-17th century, 17th century, 18th century all the way up to the 21st century, each period represented with an arch made out of building material from that timeframe. Under is arch are bronze tablets which explain key historical items of he period. For instance in the pre-17th century they tell about the indians and how they lives in the area and artifacts that have been uncovered. In the 18th century, there is a tablet that talks about the Battle of Trenton. Anyone who comes to Trenton really should check it out, although at the moment, it isn't by the downtown area. The park is built on top of the Rt 29 tunnel. There is talk to extend the tunnel all the way northward and have the park extended past the capital building. That would be awesome and a big attraction in Trenton.