Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Monmouth Battlefield Reenactment

Thread: Monmouth Battlefield Reenactment

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Default Monmouth Battlefield Reenactment

Have you ever gone to one of New Jersey's many Revolutionary Reenactments? There are a number to choose from but Monmouth Battlefield is the largest. If you haven't gone - you should really check it out. If you have gone, let everyone know what you thought.

Last years was awesome because it was the 225th anniversay. I just wish that New Jersey advertised all the things that New Jersey has to offer a lot more. There weren't even any signs along the highway to tell anyone what was going on. Oh well - that is why I out this website together - to show everyone the great things to do in New Jersey.

Here is a collage from several years ago of the Monmouth Battlefield Reenactment

It's great to actually learn how the army moved around, how the women came along with so many of the soldiers. You get to see how people lived back then. The whole even just makes history fun for the whole family - fromt he camp tours to the reenactment, to the special events for kids.

Recent Resident

When are the reenactments held?

Quote Originally Posted by xcmiian
    When are the reenactments held?
    The Monmouth Battlefield Reenactment is held the last weekend in June. This year it should be on June 26th and 27th. Last year's was huge because of the 225th anniversary - but they're always really great.

If you have any other questions, let me know. I hope you stick around on the forum, and please make sure you come back and post your thoughts about the reenactment if you go.

[EDIT] May 8th there will be the Centennial Fair at Washington's Crossing State Park in Titusville. For details look at the Centennial Fair thread.

Tourist

Sounds good. I love historical stuff (nerd alert...nerd alert). Maybe I can come some time.

Recent Resident

Default CAN WE HELP??

Hey I am goign to be fourteen in november is there any way a friend and i could get involved at monmouth?? We dont know all that much but love it all the same. We are somewhat knowledgable and we have an awesome mentor, Harry Aronis. He is incredibly smart when it comes to the civil war so please respond if you are involvend i will check soon. :?

Default Re: CAN WE HELP??

Quote Originally Posted by Littledrummerboy
    Hey I am goign to be fourteen in november is there any way a friend and i could get involved at monmouth?? We dont know all that much but love it all the same. We are somewhat knowledgable and we have an awesome mentor, Harry Aronis. He is incredibly smart when it comes to the civil war so please respond if you are involvend i will check soon. :?
    well let me know in what way you would like to be involved. I do know some reeanctors that go to Monmouth and other volunteers. I should be able to get you some information.

Welcome to AboutNewJersey.com - I hope you will stick around and post a bit.

Recent Resident

Default Reenacting at Monmouth

In order to be part of the reenacting you must join one of the reenacting military units invited to attend the event. Most, if not all the units, require that if you are under 18 your parent or guardian must also join the unit. To participate on the field you must be at least 12 years old and you must be at least 16 years old to handle a musket or crew a cannon. Between the ages of 12 - 16 you must be a fifer or drummer to be on the field. There is also plenty to do in the camps as well and to help out in other ways. Got to Monmouth,meet the units and ask about joining. They can provide you with the info you need and will train you if you join.
    John Mills
    Mott's Artillery

Recent Resident

Default help

Is it possible to not have a parent join adn still be fifer if they attend the battle but do not take part. My pareents dont really like this as much as my friend and i do. please reply if you can ??

Recent Resident

Default Joining reenactment units

Drummerboy

At least with my unit, it is a matter of legal and insurance liability that a parent or guardian also join. But there are units that have a stronger music program than mine does and they may well accept interested young men such as your self without parent participation. To get a list of different units out there try several of the national organizations that have local reenactment units as members. My unit belongs to two, The Continental Line and The Brigade of the American Revolution. Web sites are www.brigade.org, www.continentalline.org, and also www.britishbrigade.org. Also visit with reenactment units at monmouth this year, June 26-27 and speak to them directly.

Recent Resident

Default falling into ranks

Thanks so much for responding artillery and jersey devil. my friend adn i would like to help either drum or fife(we have never played) or if you have mock camps we could be camp hands(cooking, doing camp stuff). We are very flexible even if we have to watch the first tim we would love to be a part of any thing. We are thirteen and my friend tylers birthday is in september and mine is in november. so i will go to those site jersey devil and see abotu them. hopefulyl i will join the ranks soon. :wink:

Anytime. I will be at the Monmouth Battlefield reenactment - if you would like to meet John "Artillery" I can introduce him and I'm sure he can introduce you to people or go over some information with you. Let me know - you can e-mail me at WebMaster@AboutNewJersey.com

Recent Resident

Default uhoh

long time no see. I will probably not make the reenactment this year i am a golfer and i am going to an elite golf camp. I cannot miss this. my friend will probably be there. I am going to have him talk to everyone and get the info. i am so upset that i cant make it but this camp is once in a lifetime. so ill hope that you can give my friend info and hopefully i will be on the field next year.

Too bad you wont' be able to make it - but I'm sure you'll have fun at the golf camp. Hopefully your friend will be there and he'll get some information for you guys. I'll have my New Jersey history shirt on if he wants to try finding me...

front

back

Online store

Default Battle of Monmouth

A pretty cool reanactment of a famous civil war battle. It was pretty realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Director958
    A pretty cool reanactment of a famous civil war battle. It was pretty realistic.
    Director958 - I merged your thread with this existing one on the Battle of Monmouth. I have to correct you though, the Battle of Monmouth was the longest battle during the Revolutionary War. After wintering in Valley Forge and training, Washington's army went to head-off the British Army which had wintered in Philadelphia and were now heading toward New York. The Battle lasted 2 days in extreme heat, more men were killed by heat stroke. In the end, the British escaped and went up to Sandy Hook where they took boats over to Manhattan.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Revoltionary War, fo course, crap! Shoot! Not the Civil War! I knew thaat so why did I say the Civil War!

Oh well, as long as people now know its the revolutionary war.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Director958
    Revoltionary War, fo course, crap! Shoot! Not the Civil War! I knew thaat so why did I say the Civil War!

Oh well, as long as people now know its the revolutionary war.

Thanks.
    Director - don't worry about it. I figured you knew and I was going to pm you privately about it or just change your post to say "Revolutionary War". But you really wouldn't believe how many people don't know anything about the Revolutionary War. When sitting with the crowd, some of the comments people make sometimes are really off the wall.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Recent Resident

That looks great, historical can be great

Default how far do they go?

These renactments, they are based on real events, that is a given. But should they not reenact the whole thing by having the same prices as they did way back then, now that would be something.
    My favorite place in the US is Atlantic City

Tourist

Default hi

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil View Post
    Have you ever gone to one of New Jersey's many Revolutionary Reenactments? There are a number to choose from but Monmouth Battlefield is the largest. If you haven't gone - you should really check it out. If you have gone, let everyone know what you thought.

Last years was awesome because it was the 225th anniversay. I just wish that New Jersey advertised all the things that New Jersey has to offer a lot more. There weren't even any signs along the highway to tell anyone what was going on. Oh well - that is why I out this website together - to show everyone the great things to do in New Jersey.

Here is a collage from several years ago of the Monmouth Battlefield Reenactment

It's great to actually learn how the army moved around, how the women came along with so many of the soldiers. You get to see how people lived back then. The whole even just makes history fun for the whole family - fromt he camp tours to the reenactment, to the special events for kids.
    an old blast from the past.i love it!