Thread: nj transit in trenton

Tourist

Default nj transit in trenton

having lived all over the united states i have to say the bus system in trenton is one of the most confusing i have ever seen or tried to ride

What do you find confusing about the bus system?

(I am not familiar with the system, which is why I am asking)

FYI,
    I find the Bus system in NYC to be a bit confusing for me since I am not as familiar with the bus routes as I am with the subway routes.

With a bus map, I find the NYC bus systems to be manageable.

I also find the metro in Athens to be easier to use (for me) than the Bus system in Athens (Greece that is).
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

NJ & You, Perfect Together

Banned

The Board of Directors of NJ Transit awarded two contracts valued at more than $100 million to advance renovation projects at the Trenton and Newark Broad Street Stations.

The $53.2-million contract for the rehabilitation and expansion of Trenton Station will nearly triple the size of the current structure, expanding the building to 46,000 square feet from 19,000 square feet. New rest rooms, waiting areas, retail shops and dining options will provide customers with an improved commuting experience. The heating and air-conditioning systems will be replaced, in addition to all elevators and escalators.

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Helma View Post
    The Board of Directors of NJ Transit awarded two contracts valued at more than $100 million to advance renovation projects at the Trenton and Newark Broad Street Stations.

The $53.2-million contract for the rehabilitation and expansion of Trenton Station will nearly triple the size of the current structure, expanding the building to 46,000 square feet from 19,000 square feet. New rest rooms, waiting areas, retail shops and dining options will provide customers with an improved commuting experience. The heating and air-conditioning systems will be replaced, in addition to all elevators and escalators.
    Can you please tell me the date of when this news was released? As far as I know this is 4 years old and the expansion at the Trenton Station is now complete.

We have deleted your links to the "acne removal "site and others.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

In my opinion, the reason why NJ Transit's bus system is so confusing is that they only do route maps by individual bus route. I think that every major urban center in NJ should have a route map showing the bus routes that go in and out of it and where the major stops throughout town are.

Newark/Essex County should have one,
    Elizabeth and northern Union should have another,
    Plainfield and southwestern Union should have another,
    Rahway and southeastern Union should have another,
    Perth Amboy and Woodbridge should share one,
    Metuchen, Edison and Highland Park should share one,
    The Brunswicks, Highland Park and Franklin Township should share as well,
    etc.

This goes for Trenton and its surrounding area as well.

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewarkDevil5 View Post
    In my opinion, the reason why NJ Transit's bus system is so confusing is that they only do route maps by individual bus route. I think that every major urban center in NJ should have a route map showing the bus routes that go in and out of it and where the major stops throughout town are.

Newark/Essex County should have one,
    Elizabeth and northern Union should have another,
    Plainfield and southwestern Union should have another,
    Rahway and southeastern Union should have another,
    Perth Amboy and Woodbridge should share one,
    Metuchen, Edison and Highland Park should share one,
    The Brunswicks, Highland Park and Franklin Township should share as well,
    etc.

This goes for Trenton and its surrounding area as well.
    I agree with you NewarkDevil5 and I'll take it a step further. I lived in Portland Oregon - and although contrary to what people like to say - their bus system had a lot to be desired. One thing they had was that Portland and the surrounding area was broken into zones - which was great. There was one problem - they did not have express busing from one zone to another. This meant that for what was a 20 minute drive took almost two hours from where I lived, because the bus had to make all the local stops, then once it reached the end of the zone, you had to get on the local bus for that zone.

I have long proposed having New Jersey broken up into transportation zones with express busing into each zone. So say you were trying to get to Cape May from Newark. You would hop on a Jersey Shore express bus from Newark - it would make about 5 or 7 stops along the way at transportation centers along the parkway where you can then get on local buses to the different areas. So for instance, it would make a stop in Toms River, so people can get off and take the local buses to Bricktown, Seaside, Island Beach State Park, Lavellette, etc. It would make a stop in Manahwakin - where you can get a Long Beach Island local. It would stop at these centralized transit stations until you got to the cape May Transit station and then take the local Cape May bus to get to where you wish to go.

You can also set up 5 or 6 major transit hubs that offer faster service to get from say northern New Jersey to central New Jersey to southern New Jersey.

So you could basically have three busing services - hyper-express - to get from one area of New Jersey to another quickly with no stops. Then express that makes limited stops and only stops at transit stations. Then from there you can get local bus service.

You wouldn't have enough people to take an express bus directly from Newark to Cape May without any stops, but you would have enough people arriving at a transit station that would like to go somewhere on the Jersey Shore - and as people get off at one transit center, others would be getting on.

So expanding on the hyer-express, express and local busing idea. You get on a local newark bus to take you to the central Newark transit station, where you can get on a hyper-express bus to take you to the southern Jersey Shore - which can be located on the parkway by Atlantic City. From that transit station you could get onto an express bus to take you to the Cape May Transit station and then from there get on the Cape May local service.

But then who am I fooling. The busing system I propose helps people to get around and explore New Jersey. All our politicians are interested in is how to get people into New York and Philadelphia.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!