Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: New JERSEY MetroStars renamed New YORK Red Bulls

New Jerseyan

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
    From what I heard, there is no deal on the arena as of yet and the Nets may have to extend their contract in NJ. My money is going that NJ politicians will allow Ratner to put the "Brooklyn" in the name prior to them leaving NJ. J/K - I seriously hope not - otherwise there are going to be some seriousy protests planned on the Capital Building. But anyway - I had also heard some people say that they felt that if Ratner had to extend the contract in NJ - he may sell the team. He wants them in Brooklyn and out of New Jersey - PERIOD! I suppose he hates NJ, but if he can convince New Jerseyans to still support the team after they move to Brooklyn - he'll tolerate our money.
    The current scenerio that Ratner has with NJ is like having your spouse divorce you and then move back into your house because they're waiting for the right circumstance to move out. All the time they're still at your house, you're having to shell money out for their living expenses while they entertain other beaus. You'd be a sucker to to live like this, right? Well, that's how Brooklyn Bruce is treating us New Jerseyans.
    The Sports Authority should tell Bruce "Oh sorry! Since you wanted to move to Brooklyn so bad, we thought you'd be gone, so we've scheduled other events for 2008 and beyond. I guess you'll have to find someplace in NY to play". No lease renegotiation, because in the long run that will just help Brooklyn Bruce get his eminent domain fueled pork palace!! And most New Jerseyans will NOT go to Brooklyn if and when the Nets move!!

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beatman10
    The Sports Authority should tell Bruce "Oh sorry! Since you wanted to move to Brooklyn so bad, we thought you'd be gone, so we've scheduled other events for 2008 and beyond. I guess you'll have to find someplace in NY to play". No lease renegotiation, because in the long run that will just help Brooklyn Bruce get his eminent domain fueled pork palace!! And most New Jerseyans will NOT go to Brooklyn if and when the Nets move!!
    I agree with you - but the problem is that New Jersey has no backbone. This has been perfectly demonstrated by our so called representatives through the Jets and Giants deal - which if you read those threads you will see that they now have naming rights over the ENTIRE meadowlands Sports Complex, so bye bye Meadowlands. Then of course there is the wonderful New "York" Red Bulls. Untill New Jerseyans care about this state and develop a sense of pride and identity - the politicians will continue to sell us out.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Just to let everyone know - I have not forgotten this. I have a new domain name that i will develop into another website. If you would like to domain name - just PM me. The site of course isn't up, but it will be in about a month I suppose. The domain name is short, sweet and to the point and I think everyone will like it.

We still need to get petitions going and so forth. Also, having shirts designed wouldn't be too bad. I hate using cafe press, I think they're such a ripoff when it comes to the wholesale price, but really I'm not trying to get rich off this thing. But if anyone else knows of any inexpensive, on demand, print outfits that do coffee mugs and t-shirts, please let me know. Also, if there are any artists out there who wish to contribute some art work, it would be greatly appreciated.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

New Jersey Proud!

New Jersey Tour Guide

Smile domain

Hi Jersey Pride, I am not sure what the deal is as regards the new website but it sounds way cool and you can count me in. lol.

New Jerseyan

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
    Just to let everyone know - I have not forgotten this. I have a new domain name that i will develop into another website. If you would like to domain name - just PM me. The site of course isn't up, but it will be in about a month I suppose. The domain name is short, sweet and to the point and I think everyone will like it.

We still need to get petitions going and so forth. Also, having shirts designed wouldn't be too bad. I hate using cafe press, I think they're such a ripoff when it comes to the wholesale price, but really I'm not trying to get rich off this thing. But if anyone else knows of any inexpensive, on demand, print outfits that do coffee mugs and t-shirts, please let me know. Also, if there are any artists out there who wish to contribute some art work, it would be greatly appreciated.
    I haven't forgotten about this either. If we, and other people who feel the same way we do, don't ever speak up and take some kind of action, then no one ever will.

All it takes is a few people to get the ball rolling!

I have wanted to look into starting up a petition myself, but I have been so busy with my regular day-to-day life that I have not yet had a chance to look into it. I still have the link to that petition website you told me about.

Now that you are in the process of setting up a new website, I'll hold off on doing anything myself until I see what you have going on.

Two heads (or more) are better than one, or so the saying goes!

New Jersey Tour Guide

Hi A-line, I will do the same thing myself. After I see just what is being done it will give me an idea. Marianita

Well well - I got the domain name. Just making this clear that this new site has no association with AboutNewJersey.com at all. DropNY.com is the domain name. Nothing up yet, but it wil need supporters and contributors.

New Jersey Proud!

I just can't stop smiling. The Red Bulls lost their first game.

Red Bulls tumble against D.C. United
    By Dylan Butler / MLSnet.com Staff

E. RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The New York Red Bulls suffered their first defeat of the 2006 season Saturday, and they can thank a New Jersey boy for that.

Alecko Eskandarian, whose father Andranik starred for the Cosmos at Giants Stadium, scored a double there to lift D.C. United to a 4-1 win over the Red Bulls. It was also the first regular season loss ever for Red Bulls coach Mo Johnston, who just two days earlier thought he was being forced out.

Eskandarian capped a dominating opening 45 minutes with his second goal of the year, and second against the Red Bulls. He picked up Freddy Adu's deflected cross and put a low shot past Tony Meola from 14 yards out. The Montvale, N.J., native celebrated in style, grabbing a can of the energy drink from Jamil Walker on the bench, taking a swig and then spitting it out on the artificial turf.

The most dangerous chance the Red Bulls had in the first half came in the 45th minute when Mike Magee, making his first start of the season, took a Youri Djorkaeff cross off his chest but D.C. United goalkeeper Troy Perkins did well to come off his line and challenge the ball before a shot could be taken. Magee dislocated his right pinky finger on the collision.

Things went from bad to worse for the Red Bulls in the 59th minute when Eskandarian made it 2-0 on a great series of quick passes from Brian Carroll and Ben Olsen. Eskandarian blasted the ball over Meola's left shoulder from eight yards out.

In case there was any doubt of the final result, Facundo Erpen put an end to that emphatically with a 40-yard rocket that Meola could only turn and watch fly over his right shoulder. It was the Argentine defender's second goal of the year, and his second against the Bulls.

For the first time this season, the Red Bulls started in a 3-5-2 formation with Djorkaeff moving behind the forward tandem of Edson Buddle and Jean Philippe Peguero. The Haitian international forward, who was acquired in a trade with Colorado less than 24 hours earlier, arrived at Newark International Airport at 12:57 p.m. ET and three hours later was in the starting lineup.

The Red Bulls struggled offensively with the new formation and lineup and rarely tested Perkins, who was four minutes from his third consecutive clean sheet. Djorkaeff scored his second goal of the year in the 86th minute slotting the ball past Perkins, who came off his line, on a feed from Magee. It was the first goal scored against United in 338 minutes, since the Red Bulls hit for two in the first 18 minutes of the season.

But D.C. came right back and made it 4-1 two minutes later when second-half substitute Walker ran onto a slick pass from Carroll and chipped his first goal of the year past Meola from 10 yards out.

Of the four players listed as questionable on the injury report, only Jeff Parke, who has been the Red Bulls' most consistent defender through three games, was ruled out.

The Red Bulls meet former coach Bob Bradley and Chivas USA next Saturday at The Home Depot Center, while United return home to RFK Stadium where they will face FC Dallas.

Dylan Butler is a contributor to MLSnet.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Soccer or its clubs.

D.C. United (3-0-1) vs. New York Red Bulls (0-1-3)
    April 22, 2006 -- Giants Stadium

New Jersey Proud!

New Jerseyan

Default Devils - rangers - redbull

YES 2 new york teams lost at the Meadowlands today,and the 1 NEW JERSEY team to play there today beat the snot out of 1 of them . LETS GO DEVILS ! Whats even funnier is the 70,000 empty seats at NEW JERSEYS Giants stadium .Yes I am a happy Jerseyan today also ! Have I said LETS GO DEVILS yet ? JERSEYDEVIL you should put a New Jersey Pride ( our pro lacrosse team ) and a New Jersey Jackels logo with your Devils and Nets logo next to your name . Afterall these 2 teams took our state name so we should promote them also !
    Last edited by NJPRIDE; 04-22-2006 at 07:35 PM.
    NEW JERSEY HISTORY SECOND TO NONE !

New Jersey Tour Guide

Well, Jersey Pride. I cannot stop laughing either. You have made my day. heeheehee a Jersey team. I also cannot stop laughing over your domain name. It is great, very creative of you. lol How neat to be a part of this wonderful team we have here at aboutNewJersey.com. Marianita

Quote Originally Posted by NJPRIDE
    JERSEYDEVIL you should put a New Jersey Pride ( our pro lacrosse team ) and a New Jersey Jackels logo with your Devils and Nets logo next to your name . Afterall these 2 teams took our state name so we should promote them also !
    I do promote them on the site, although I agree not as much at the moment. As for the avatar - I created this avatar for another messageboard when the Devils were in the finals for the Stanley Cup and the Nets were in the NBA Championships.

BTW - I have been on the NJ Pride messageboard in the past and saw that you are a member there.

New Jersey Proud!

New Jersey Tour Guide

Hi Jersey Devil, Let me know when your site is up and running. We will have alot of fun there. lol. Marianita

Quote Originally Posted by Marianita
    Hi Jersey Devil, Let me know when your site is up and running. We will have alot of fun there. lol. Marianita
    Well it's sort of there. I have a logo/banner and soem things that wil be coming soon with the site and then also the weblog. I just won't have much time at the moment to dedicate to it, so it will be sporatic.

New Jersey Proud!

New Jersey Tour Guide

Hi Jersey Devil, I know you are probably busy but it will be be cool when you do get things going. I can hardly wait. Marianita

I was at the Arena Yesterday with my wife to see the Olympic iceskaters and I noticed that they were advertising the REDBULLS as the NY/NJ REDBULLS
    DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR

New Jersey Tour Guide

Hi Dave, That sure sounds like a compromise to me. Maybe because people have complained or something.Anyway it is better then just New York. Marianita

New Jersey Tour Guide

Hi Jersey Devil, How are you doing on the new site? Did you find out about the coffee mugs and tee shirts? Marianita

Quote Originally Posted by davegering
    I was at the Arena Yesterday with my wife to see the Olympic iceskaters and I noticed that they were advertising the REDBULLS as the NY/NJ REDBULLS
    Well they're only referred to as NY on their website and in the news - New York Red Bulls They must be trying to appease New Jerseyans by giving us crumbs by advertising them as NY/NJ at the stadium. Well with me it's not going to work. Are the Mets, Knicks, Yankees called the NY/NJ Mets, etc?

BTW way - read this month's NJ Monthly for a nice arrogant article about Brett Yormark, president and CEO of the "(don't call them New Jersey)" Nets. I hope they lose now too. Here is a tiny quote "When Yormark is asked to defien Brooklyn, he says, it's "an iconic brand that transcends the metropolitan area...[and] is going to present some tremendous opportunities for us. Go to Europe and you'll find Brooklyn Lager," he notes. Yormark pauses before attempting to characterize New Jersey. When I think of New Jersey, I think of -- what does Bruce [Ratner] say? -- the underdog." Basically the article is about how he's trying to build up the Nets into this brand that will allow them to move the Nets over to Brooklyn, with New Jerseyans following like the rats in the Pied Piper.

New Jersey Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by Marianita
    Hi Jersey Devil, How are you doing on the new site? Did you find out about the coffee mugs and tee shirts? Marianita
    I haven't had much time to work on the new site, but I do have the store "up", howerver it's not ready to go live yet though. I ordered a t-shirt to make sure they look good (I'm concerned the pocket image might be too large). You can check out the design here - DropNY.com Store Let me know what you think and also about the prices. I also have bumper stickers which I think look good.

New Jersey Proud!

New Jersey Tour Guide

Hi Jersey Devil, I checked out the tee shirts and coffee mugs and like them. I think the cups are cool. The prices are not bad. I will probably buy a mug as I drink alot of coffee. Very cool,idea you had. Marianita