Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BEST BURGER

Tourist

Default JerseyBites forum

JerseyBites.com is my blog, but I do have a social network at jerseybiters.ning.com. It has not taken off like I would like it too. My hope for the group is to have contributors offering tips on where to go and where to avoid.

Jersey Bites is being redesigned right now and the social network is going to be more integrated, so I'm hoping it will get more use. It a fabulous platform, every user can have their own blogs and profiles with photo albums. I have many RSS feeds from other food writers in NJ too.

New Jersey Tour Guide Jersey Warren's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Warren View Post
    I started going to this place as a teenager, and go back every time I'm in Bergen County. They cook their hamburgers on a charbroiler set into a brick hearth that must be ten feet wide. As they cook, the flames leap a foot into the air. They have a condiment bar with slices of raw onions, pickles, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire Sauce, etc.

They are everything I expect a hamburger to be. I refuse to eat a burger that is cooked on a grill rather than charbroiled.

In all my travels, I have never found another place as good, though some of the pub-type restaurants in Manhattan come close.

Fireplace Restaurant
    718 N State Rte 17
    Paramus,*NJ*07652-3107**
    (201) 444-2362
    This is sort of a postscipt. I recently joined the Fireplace's Facebook group. I'm gratified to learn the Fireplace has so many fans, as I go there for lunch every time I'm in Bergen County and I'd hate to see it go out of business! The only problem for me is that once having had their hamburgers as a teenager I was spoiled and now I compare every hamburger to theirs. Needless to say, McD's, Wendy's etc. just don't hack it, though Burger King comes a little closer. Here's their group:
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...7952832&ref=mf

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Warren View Post
    This is sort of a postscipt. I recently joined the Fireplace's Facebook group. I'm gratified to learn the Fireplace has so many fans, as I go there for lunch every time I'm in Bergen County and I'd hate to see it go out of business! The only problem for me is that once having had their hamburgers as a teenager I was spoiled and now I compare every hamburger to theirs. Needless to say, McD's, Wendy's etc. just don't hack it, though Burger King comes a little closer. Here's their group:
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...7952832&ref=mf
    Is there a possibility of them going out of business? I have them as a friend on MySpace and I just joined them on FaceBook.

BTW - you can join the AboutNewJersey.com on FaceBook also.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

New Jersey Tour Guide Jersey Warren's Avatar

Hi JD,

I don't think so. They are a very popular place. But I have seen many good businesses fail over the years. The fact that they have quite a few Facebook fans is a good sign to me, however, that they will be around at least as long as I am!

Default Burgers and what not

Try Bobby's Burger Palace
    Just google bobby flay burgers there are 2 up around central north jersey
    I don't get up there much but they have REALLY good burgers

I personally am more into steak
    Good steak Ruth Chris in AC also Bobby Flay Steaks in the borgota also AC
    Texas Roadhouse is good
    That other chain place ummm The Longhorn Yuk I don't know what the meat is but its no steak (Just my opinion )
    and yes i have been watching to much of the food network

New Jerseyan

I dont think I ever had a burger as good as the ones in any Five Guys. Nothing fancy but fresh & juicy and the fries are also the best - fresh cut and piping hot.

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NJBarb View Post
    I dont think I ever had a burger as good as the ones in any Five Guys. Nothing fancy but fresh & juicy and the fries are also the best - fresh cut and piping hot.
    You know there is a Five Guys that opened up at the new theater (which opened two years ago) down the street from me in Toms River. Someone else said their hamburgers are really good. I want a nice juicy hamburger - and I do NOT want a kaiser roll either. I want a NORMAL hamburger bun - preferably with sesame seeds. I want a old style diner-style burger. Why do places think it is good to have a burger where there is 4 - 5 times more bread than there is hamburger meat???
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!