Thread: Best place for recent college grads to live in NJ?

Tourist

Default Best place for recent college grads to live in NJ?

Hello All-

I would like your opinions of the best place for recent college grads to live in NJ. What place has good night life, good people, and good value? A lot of people answer with Hoboken, but that area is so expensive, close to $500sf to buy. Any other opinions? Thanks.

My Nephew lives in Hoboken and he loves it. He graduated from school last year and is working in NY for a Advertising Agency ( He is on the Heineken account and picks on me for drinking Coors Light)
    DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

I think one of the situations is that NJ cities are just beginning to get back on their feet, the "nightlife" attractions haven't necessarily come in yet - at least in huge numbers. I would suggest possibly looking at New Brunswick or the areas around there. It's a college town and is has a lot of good pubs, taverns and restaurants. In addition if you want a change of pace, there is the train station right thereso you can easily get to NY. New Brunswick is also closer to the shore - which has good nightlife during the summer.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

New Jerseyan

Default place to live

You may also want to look into the Morristown area . Some good bars , restaurants , and alot of history to boot . NEW JERSEY HISTORY SECOND TO NONE !

Tourist

thanks for the messages! I am going to look into Morristown...any particular area you think is good?