Thread: I'm appearing on Philadelphia's Fox 29's Good Day Philadelphia

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Default I'm appearing on Philadelphia's Fox 29's Good Day Philadelphia

I'll have more on this tonight. But I wanted people to know that Philadelphia's Fox 29 is having a 2 hour segment on "I Love New Jersey" and I have been asked to be one of the people who will be on the show. It's 7:00 - 9:00am on Friday, July 13th. I will be on after 8:00am.

I've never been on TV before, but this is a GREAT opportunity to promote New Jersey and all the great things there are to do here. Okay - so I can only get to a very very minute amount in the 3 - 5 minute segment I will be in - but I will try anyway. Wish me the best of luck - but to let you know - I am a little nervous - But I know I can do it. It's just a matter of talking about what my passion is - New JERSEY!
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

New Jersey Tour Guide Jersey Warren's Avatar

Thumbs up

Good luck, JD,

I emailed my brother and sister-in-law in Forked River and told them about it, in case they have a chance to tune in.

JW

Thanks JW!

I've talked to several of my friends in the tourism industry and they've all been great support. All I have to do is pretend I'm talking to them. I know I can do it. I have to just stay focused and relaxed. As Sharon from the Steel Pier told me - don't over think it. I talked to Angel with Six Flags Great Adventure also and she said that the people at Fox 29 are really nice and they'll help me and be understanding.

I got a DVD recorder today and I'm going to be recording it. Hopefully I can get it onto the web so some people who aren't able to tune in can see it if they want. I'll post how it goes tomorrow.

- JD
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

New Jersey Proud!

Well I did it! I was really nervous and I know it came across a little on TV - but it wasn't too bad. I think overall it was good. I just need to practice. It is something I'm passionate about.

There is just so little time - 3 - 5 minutes, that's it. Basically I was talking about NY overshadowing NJ. I wanted to get in about the Jersey City Fireworks, but I couldn't. I did mention the Live Earth, but since that was mentioned - I think it would have been better to say how NY prevented NJ from having our fireworks shot off from a barge in OUR OWN territorial waters.

I'm going to be posting th video and then I'll have additional commentary on hat I wanted to say.

New Jersey Proud!

New Jersey Tour Guide

Default appearing on tv

Hi JD, It looks like I have found out after the fact. Next time you are going be on tv email me please. You are famous now. How was it being on tv? Were you nervous at all? Marianita

Quote Originally Posted by Marianita
    Hi JD, It looks like I have found out after the fact. Next time you are going be on tv email me please. You are famous now. How was it being on tv? Were you nervous at all? Marianita
    Marianita -

Thanks for your support. I was very nervous. I was hoping it would be sitting down on the couch with the interviewer and be more like a conversation. But no - that wasn't the case. Also, it was more about how New Jersey gets over shadowed by New York. I really don't think that would resonate so much with their audience though - since southern New Jersey doesn't really experience that so much. I would have much rather have talked about my overall pride in New Jersey.

Also, I should have said something else in terms of the Statue of Liberty. I should have said that while the Statue of Liberty is in New JERSEY waters, it belongs to ALL Americans.

Sorry it's been a long time posting. I've been busy with a bunch of things.

New Jersey Proud!

New Jersey Tour Guide

Hi Jersey Devil, I am sure you did wonderfully well on tv. A little nervousness is alright, very normal. It is also natural to wish you could have said more. Do you anticipate doing it again? If so please let me know in advance so I can brag to everyone that I know you. lol. Take care. Marianita.