Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a great movie

New Jersey Tour Guide

Smile a great movie

Has anyone seen the movie.''Guess Who's coming to dinner?'' It is an old movie but it was absolutely wonderful. marianita

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

I just wanted to say I love this movie - it's with Sidney Poitier and Katherine Hepburn.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

New Jersey Tour Guide

Smile movies

Hi Jersey devil. There is something so basically decent about Sidney Portier. He seemed to have warm caring heart. I also liked the movie, ''To Sir with love.'' There is another movie I saw not long ago called,''The road to redemption.'' I am sentimental so a movie has to really touch my heart for me to remember it. Unfortunately I do not get to watch many movies because I work so much. Marianita

i have seen this movie many times it is a classic it was remade last year with Ashton Kuster
    DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR

New Jersey Tour Guide

Smile movies

Hi davegering, Unfortuately I do not get to watch too many movies any more. My work schedule consists of morning and evening shifts and church and my part time job at home. Hopefully that will change. Which movie did you say was a classic? ''To Sir With Love?'' or '' The road to redemption?'' Marianita

It was Guess whose coming to dinner But To SiR With Love is one of my favorite movies of all time.
    DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR

New Jersey Tour Guide

Smile movies

You know Dave, that is my favorite too. I found ''Guess who's coming to dinner?'' excellent but ''To Sir with love'' was a heartfelt movie.All those kids needed was someone to really care and make a difference in their lives. I like movies that are meaningful. Marianita

To Sir with Love is one of my favorites too. It came out the same year I graduated from HS and every time I here that song, it takes me back to a simpler time.
    NEW JERSEY.....What happens here......Gets buried in the Pine Barrens.

I have to sadly admit that I have not seen "To Sir with Love", or at least not that I remember. I guess I will have to watch this one.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

New Jersey Proud!

New Jersey Tour Guide

Default movies

You know Dave, the older movies are now classics. I have never forgotton ''To Sir with love.'' I think Jersey Devil can rent it. It is a movie that one becomes completely engrossed in and never forgets. Didn't Sidney Portier also make a movie called,''In the heat of the night?'' I believe that one was quite action packed. It goes to show how versatile an actor he was. I remember going to see it just because he starred in it. Jersey Devil, you may be able to find the movie,''To sir with love,'' online. This talk about movies also takes me back to a simpler time. Life was easier then. Marianita

After you see To Sir with Love, check out Casablanca and The Maltese Falcon. I think you will like them. I would rather watch them than any of the crap that is out now.
    NEW JERSEY.....What happens here......Gets buried in the Pine Barrens.

New Jersey Tour Guide

Default movies

Hi Angry American, The movies have a lot of profanity in them and violence. I am sure there are some good ones still. Anyway the old movies seemed to have more meaning to them. Marianita

Yes he did do in the Heat of the Night which was another great movie which became a TV Series starring Carole O'connor
    DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR

New Jersey Tour Guide

Default movies

Hi Dave, As I recall, that movie had everyone on the edge of their seats. I will check out Casa Blanca although something tells me I may have seen it. It has been a long time ago. Do you remember the musical ''My Fair Lady?'' It was an excellent film and Rex Harrison was a great actor. Audry Hepburn also starred in it. As you may recall Rex Harrison tried to make a lady out of her and taught her to speak properly. I enjoyed that movie thoroughly. It had class. Marianita

CASABLANCA IS A GREAT ,MOVIE AS FOR MY FAIR LADY I HAVE SEEN IT ABOUT 50 TIMES. IT IS BASED ON THE DICKENS STORY PYGMALION. THE IRONIC PART ABOUT THE MOVIE IS REX HARRISON DIOD NOT THINK JULIE ANDREWS WAS A BIG ENOUGH STAR TO PLAY THE PART IN THE MOVIE EVEN THO SHE PLAYED OPOSITE HIM ON BROADWAY. SHE ENDED UP WINNING THE ACADAMY AWARD FOR MARY POPPINS THE SAME YEAR
    DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR

Hey Dave - you've gone back to all caps. Remember, no shouting.

New Jersey Proud!

New Jersey Tour Guide

Default movies

Hi Dave, I do remember something about Audry Hepburn getting a part that someone else was suppose to get in ''My Fair Lady.'' That is a movie one could watch 50 times. I saw it many times myself. If you recall, Rex Harrison got the nickname ,''sexy Rexy.'' lol. What was the name of the one he starred in with the animals that enchanted children and adults alike? Audy Hepburn must have surprised Rex Harrison by winning academy awards. At any rate the movie was the best of the broadway musicals. Marianita

Quote Originally Posted by Marianita
    What was the name of the one he starred in with the animals that enchanted children and adults alike?
    I think that would be Dr Doolittle - which I loved and still love. The giant snail scene at the end where they go inside the snails shell was my favorite part of the movie.

New Jersey Proud!

New Jersey Tour Guide

Default Dr. Doolittle

Yes I remember that part. It was ever so cute. How about the part where Dr. Doolittle and his friend were eating sausages and the pig was offended? LOL. Remember those skunks? What a neat movie. I have it somewhere. Marianita

New Jerseyan

My favorite part was the two-headed llama...the "Push Me-Pull You". I sooooooo wanted one after I saw the movie! lol

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
    I think that would be Dr Doolittle - which I loved and still love. The giant snail scene at the end where they go inside the snails shell was my favorite part of the movie.
    If you're a Jersey musician, please check out my Yahoo! Group, NJ Musician's Network...where you can meet and network with other NJ musicians. Sign up is easy (and free) http://groups.yahoo.com/group/njmusiciansnet/