Thread: Your favorite New Jersey Diners

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Default Your favorite New Jersey Diners

I wanted people's ideas on what their favorite diner is and what their idea of the ideal diner is. To me it's the traditional 50's style. Traditional menu, traditional seating, traditional service. I found one of those right behind where I live - Dover Diner on Rt 166 right off of Rt 37 in Toms River.

Too many diners in New Jersey have started remodeling and are becoming just restaurants, not diners in a true sense.

Dover Diner is one of the long narrow diners. Only one row of booths and of course the bar stool seating area. I think it only has about 8 - 10 booths. They do have some southern specialties which I was surprised at. These are two southern dishes I like - Country Fried Steak and Biscuits and Gravy. I ended up having the Biscuits and Gravy because I haven't had it since I moved from Indiana. Not as good as out there, but it wasn't bad. The main thing was that there weren't any "big" chunks of sausage. They were basically flakes of sausage. It had a good sausage taste and there was basically a lot in there, but it was all just small pieces. I have to get their hamburger - that's the TRUE sign of a good diner. I don't want a frigging hamburger with a kaiser bum. I want a traditional AMERICAN hamburger and I think I can get that at Dover Diner! My cousin Steve who lives in Beachwood, had pancakes, sausage and bacon. It seemed good, but I'm not a traditional breakfast food person - hence why I liked that they had Biscuits and Gravy.

The last couple of years I've been to the Princetonian in Princeton, the Americana in West Windsor and then the Dover Diner in Toms River. If you want the REAL Diner experience - go to Dover Diner. if you're looking for a restaurant - such as an IHop experience, go to the others. I prefer the TRUE Diner experience.

BTW - there is a remodeled diner that is just reopened here. The Crystal Diner - it's just a block away from the Dover Diner on the corner of 166 & 37. I want to try it, but I think it's going to be just like the Princetonian & The Americana. I have a feeling it's more restaurant than diner.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Default The Nevada Diner

The Nevada Diner is pretty good. I think Friendly's is better though. They got those big American hamburgers that are really good. Though I hate Friendly's when its crowded in the afternoon!

Jubilee Park is pretty cool too. Not the best food I've tasted, but overall a pretty cool place.

Also, this may not be a restaurant, but what about Krauzser's. That store is awsome! They have everything, except fireworks of course.

Recent Resident

Default Welcome to the excellent forum

Welcome to this site! It is reliable information encountered here. Through discussions we can learn more about the things. If you donít know yet the places you will be informed here and visualized it because of the pictures found here. Visit and be one of the great lucky.

New Jersey Tour Guide Jersey Warren's Avatar

Default Suburban Diner

For many years, my favorite diner has been the Suburban Diner on Route 17 in Paramus. (Link: http://local.yahoo.com/details?id=10...mVoqFPjlvXeaM-)

When I first got married, my wife and I would stop there around 4 am after a Saturday night in Manhattan for pie and coffee before going home.

During my 17 years in Massachusetts, every time I visited my in-laws in Glen Rock, we'd stop there for breakfast. I always got a Taylor ham and scrambled egg sandwich on a hard roll with a side order of real New Jersey home fries. (Big, round slices a quarter-inch thick cooked with green onions.)

One of the high points of each visit was hearing the waitress ask you if you wanted "CAW-fee"!

Recent Resident

The favourite diner for me is on the RT 1 South near the Melno Park Mall. This is one crowded diner and its 24/7. But I love it.
    hotel price comparsion engine | widget