Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: CORZINE TAXES!!!!!!!

Default Im not sarcastic

The news statement was sarcastic, but the point is well made. Mr. Corzine is leading N.J. to a strong economy. I'm sure we will sell off the useless Turnpike that brings little revenue to N.J. If their are many layoffs, then the sacrifice of those Turnpike workers will be made. They are Union, they understand and fully support Democrats. If the Democrats make a decision that lays them off, I'm sure they will be proud that their sacrifice will make N.J. better. I'm hoping we can count on their votes in November to keep the Democrats in power.

New Jersey Tour Guide

Hi ilovenj, Am I to understand that you are referring to the toll booths on the turnpike? If so I cannot agree that sacrificing jobs is something to be proud about. Or did I misunderstand you? Marianita

Default Thank you

Yes, I'm sure that the Tollbooth Unions agree that N.J. comes first and the unions voted for Mr.Corzine, as I did. Then Mr. Corzine may feel that leasing the Turnpike and Parkway will help strengthen N.J. , Then I agree its a great idea. If Union jobs are sacrificed, then its for the best. The Unions trust the Democrats to make the right decisions. I trust the Democrats. They will be ok, as long as they live in N.J. and continue to vote Democrat. I'm sure the Executives though will keep their much deserved pensions. This will give comfort to the basic Turnpike and Parkway worker. The tollbooth worker can always get another State job. Go Unions, Go Democrats!!!

New Jersey Tour Guide

Default Corzine taxes

Hi ilovenj, I should hope that the toll workers can get other jobs. But don't you feel that now that the police are catching the ones who try to escape paying the tolls that money can be made from the tolls? It seems logical. The state of New Jersey needs the money. Marianita

Default Toll Workers understand

If the Toll workers cant find new jobs, then thats to bad. Their sacrifices will help N.J. strong. We are giving up nickles and dimes for a multi billion dollar lease. This helps pay N.J. the money it needs upfront. Our Politicans need to get N.J. on track. Unions understand they may have to be let go, but thats the price of wanting to be N.J. Democrats Rule!!!!

Remember, N.J. Democrats need, I said need your votes this November. Lets support them, Lets support a strong Democratic N.J.

New Jersey Tour Guide

Default Corzine taxes

Hi ilovenj, It is all very well to have a love of NJ and so do I but New Jersey is made up of people who have to work to keep the economy going. I am sure the toll workers can find other employment but it would be well to be a little compassionate too. New Jersey is made up of people and isn't that the issue here, the quality of life in New Jersey? I have strong feelings about people and care about everything and everyone. I suppose that if the unions were done away with, the workers would get plenty of notice anyway. My first reaction is what is going to happen to people as a result of some action taken? You know I want what is best for New Jersey. After all I have my son there. Marianita

New Jerseyan

I myself will be voting REPUBLICAN in November. The Democrats have screwed up everything in Jersey and don't deserve my support! The unions are also destroying the state along with New Jerseys own Axis of Evil - Cody, Roberts, and Corzine. These BUMS MUST be shown the door. Their so-called property tax relief may be illegal according to our state constitution and is being looked into by the proper authorities. These jerks don't deserve any more of my money, they have already stolen and wasted enough!
    NEW JERSEY HISTORY SECOND TO NONE !

New Jersey Tour Guide

Thumbs down Corzine Taxes

Hi Nj Pride, I quite agree. I will vote Republican also, that is if I could vote there. The tax relief is no where in sight and the unions have got to go. What we need is someone who can manage money. The deficit has to be addressed as it is huge. If the situation continues as is more people will move away. Marianita

Default I am very compassionate.

I am very compassionate. The unions understand that N.J. is made up of Democrats that they vote in. If these powerful leaders believe selling our highways can save N.J., then so be it. Before you people vote for the laughable republicans, remember N.J. has a strong economy, Why ??? Democrats. Remember to vote with the unions, vote for the Democrats and be a winner.

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ilovenj
    I am very compassionate. The unions understand that N.J. is made up of Democrats that they vote in. If these powerful leaders believe selling our highways can save N.J., then so be it. Before you people vote for the laughable republicans, remember N.J. has a strong economy, Why ??? Democrats. Remember to vote with the unions, vote for the Democrats and be a winner.
    NJ has a strong economy? Is that why NJ is losing businesses because of the anti-business mentality of the democrats - namely McGreevy? It's the unions that hold NJ hostage and keep any reform from happening. Selling the Turnpike is a quick fix - which will bite us later on. The democrats told us that by them instituting the income tax that NJ was going to have it's property taxes lowered and once and for all it would solve the problem. So here we are again? Why??? It's time to get these good for nothing, in bed with the union democrats out of office!
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Default You vote in Republicans and N.J. will be laughed off of the United States

You vote in Republicans and N.J. will be laughed off of the United States. We will be bankrupt and are unions will be gone. Our Legislature will be in Chaos. We need people like Mr. Corzine. We need the Democrats. The unions need the Democrats. I'm sure when we all elect the Democrats, you will see that Mr. Corzine is in not in bed with them. Next January, The Democrats will make pension reforms for the thousands and thousands of union members by cutting their pensions to help make N.J. stronger. Our state legislatures will not have their pensions cut. Why should they, they work hard for N.J. If they get an extra pension, it must be because they deserve it. The unions are fully agreeing to help. PROOF: The unions will vote the Democrats in and will trust us to make the right decisions. If cutting their pensions help, then they agree. You like Rutgers, you agree that the football coaches get big raises while 800 instructors get laid off? Football is a hobby, so is reading Harry Potter books. More proof that we need the Democrats. I was proud last year when I saw the signs saying " Firemen for Menendez" .I saw Union members proudly putting signs sayling " Local xxx for Menendez" We all want Democrats. The unions understand. If the Turnpike workers lose their jobs, they should feel proud that they support Democrats, and trust their tough decisions. A decision for a stronger Democratic N.J.
    Last edited by ilovenj; 02-03-2007 at 10:55 AM.

Default Help support Unions

We in N.J. must stop shopping at Non union stores like Walmarts, Target , Wegmens and Sams club. We need to be at the Malls, we need to buy our food at Pathmark. We have to shop and should be spending our money to support the Unions that work in N.J. Now does everyone agree?

New Jersey Tour Guide

Question Corzine taxes

Hi ilovenj, If it is best to vote democrat why is the state of New Jersey in such a financial crisis? Why is the budget out of control? The property taxes are so high that people are leaving in great numbers. a mass exodus. Elderly are forced to sell out and live in apartments because they cannot afford the taxes. How did all this come about and what can the democrats do about it? The tolls do bring in revenue and they will bring in a lot more now that people can no longer slip through without paying their toll. As you may recall millions of dollars were lost because people neglected to pay the toll fees.It is easy to place the blame but what are we going to do help the situation? Our children and grandchildren are growing up there iin the beautiful garden state and we want a good quality of life for them. By the time my grandchildren are adults everything will be much more costly if you can imagine that. So what do you say? Marianita

Default Republican Hype

No one is leaving N.J. Look how crowded everything is everywhere in N.J.
    The funny republicans want you to believe in an exodus. But get real, N.J. is crowded and full of people coming in. If their is an exodus, its people leaving their states to come into N.J. To make everyone happy, multiple state assembly jobs will end. OK, make everyone happy. I agree what the papers say, One assembly said " Having dual positions helps us understand the people better. Now that may end.

Go Democrats!! Keep up the great work!

New Jersey Tour Guide

Smile Corzine taxes

Hi ilovenj, You are certainly right about that. There are a lot of people in New Jersey. I hope I can be one of them one day. Marianita

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ilovenj
    No one is leaving N.J. Look how crowded everything is everywhere in N.J.
    You seriously must be living under a rock. New Jersey is estimated to lose a representative in the House at the next census. This means New Jersey will lose another voice in Congress. People are leaving NJ, especially the middle class. ILoveNJ - I can't take you seriously.

As for the Unions being willing to make sacrifices - that is the most laughable thing I ever heard. Who the hell had thousands of people in Trenton whining and picketing because they would have to chip in for their health care benefits? Who is *****ing that they may have their pensions reduced?
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

New Jersey Tour Guide

Thumbs down Corzine taxes

Hi Jersey Devil, I did read about the mass exodus. I believe I read it in New Jersey Monthly. It is quite frightening don't you think? It is true that there are alot of people in New Jersey but maybe alot less then there were?I realize that people move into homes that are vacated by those who can't afford the hefty taxes. Marianita

New Jerseyan

I myself in the past year have had a sister, her husband, and their son leave N.J. because they cant afford to live here. Next week my wife has a friend who with her husband is leaving N.J. for the same reason as my sister. They are all ending up in Penn. A local paper had an article last year about this mass exodus and it said eastern Penn. is now known as West Jersey.
    As for you -ilovenj- I think you head is in the sand, or you are playing around with us all. I will vote REPUBLICAN in November! These unions and politicians must be dealt with and shown that they are not the boss but the people are!
    New Jerseys Axis Of Evil, Cody, Roberts, and Corzine are NO good for us!
    NEW JERSEY HISTORY SECOND TO NONE !

New Jersey Tour Guide

Question Corzine taxes

Hi NJ Pride, I was not aware that eastern Penn was now known as West Jersey. Does that mean that your sister will have a Jersey address? I am sorry that they had to move but that is just an example of how things are going. My son has been saving money for the last 3 years to buy a house. He makes a good salary but with the cost of living and his wife staying home to care for the kids it will take time. They live in a lovely complex and now they are wondering if they should not just stay there indefinitely. They know everyone and there is plenty of space. They have found houses they could buy now but my daughter-in-law wants a condo and my son wants his own yard to fix up. lol.They are happy there leasing, for now that is.
    I am well aware of the mass exodus having read it in New Jersey Monthly and I read it somewhere else too.It is a shame when people are forced out of their homes with high taxes. Do you think Corzine will give that 20% tax decrease? Marianita

Quote Originally Posted by NJPRIDE
    I will vote REPUBLICAN in November! These unions and politicians must be dealt with and shown that they are not the boss but the people are!
    New Jerseys Axis Of Evil, Cody, Roberts, and Corzine are NO good for us!
    Unfortunately, I am not sure the Republicans are much better than the Democrats.

People from both parties have taken us down this path of irresponsible spending and improper (IMO) running of the state.

I truly think that the state needs to examine what it is responsible for and let the private sector take care of what it is responsible for.

Unfunded mandates from the state have forced many local governments to increase local property taxes.

If this state cannot correct the problems of high property taxes, corruption and poor spending choices, then I think that more people will decide that it will be in their best interest to move to another state.

Sincerely,
    Anthony

NJ & You, Perfect Together