Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: CORZINE TAXES!!!!!!!

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

lynnou812 - no problem. A lot of people who are new to the board mention the "tourist" under their name.

Coming soon to town near you - NEW TAXES!

Corzine has a new "bait and switch" plan up his sleave to combat property taxes. He's proposing allowing towns to issue their own sales tax to help them lower property taxes. So now instead of paying through what is called "property tax", people will just have to pay the same amount of money in what is called a "sales tax". Of course this will enable polticians to say - "see we lower propety taxes... nevermind that we raised all your other taxes." Of course people visiting the town will have to pay the tax too - but the majority paying it will be the residents. There is one thing about taxes, once the government takes your money, it is very very hard for you to get it back. There is always some pet project that they want done. I seriously doubt many of the towns that institute a sales tax would actually have it go toward reducing property taxes. Let's all remember, while the 7% sales tax increase was SUPPOSEDLY needed to balance the budget, Corzine INCREASED the budget by over a BILLION dollars!
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Recent Resident

Default Letters from the News Tribune

Let's reduce govt. costs instead of taxing more

Home News Tribune Online 10/23/06

Gov. Jon S. Corzine has expressed his support to allow local governments to impose their own sales tax as a means of increasing revenue to offset rising property taxes. This idea should be buried before it gets off the ground. All that would do is create another source of taxation. What N.J. taxpayers need are fewer taxes and more efficiency in government at all levels.

The mess we are in today did not happen overnight. It is a result of many years of poor decisions by both parties in Trenton. To name a few, the pension crisis was caused by allowing local governments to skip their payments over many years, multiple layers of governmental entities resulting in more than 500 municipalities and 600 school districts, not to mention special districts and independent authorities. In other words, there is a lot of duplication out there.

So instead of looking to increase revenues, how about giving first priority to reducing the cost of government by eliminating the duplication and by putting a stop to those people who abuse the system by padding their pensions and by making eleventh-hour "Christmas tree"' appropriations to their favorite causes.

There is much to be done and some tough decisions must be made. Adding new taxes is not part of the solution.

Charles C. Haus

SOUTH PLAINFIELD

http://www.thnt.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...=2006610230410

Recent Resident

Default Corzine to toll FREEWAYS

Well N.J., You wanted Menendez. That only endorsed Corzine's taxes. You got what you voted for. You will have to pay a toll , starting on Route 78. I laugh at all the people that vote Democrat in N.J. I know your Union makes you vote Democrat, but its the skilled white collar worker on the top of the Union Totem Poll that makes the money in N.J. You keep voting Democrat, They keep making the money that you spend, and get multiple pensions. You get to pay the taxes and tolls. Go Democrats!!!!!

http://www.news12.com/NJ/topstories/article?id=185215#"

" When Hell Freezes Over" " When Pigs Fly" " When N.J. Gets a Freeway"
    Same Metaphor
    Last edited by lordmarc; 11-15-2006 at 04:56 PM.

New Jersey Tour Guide

Thumbs down Corzine taxes

Hi lordmarc, I say. It is most unfortunate that Menendez won. It was a close race indeed and I could not sleep on election night. I kept going to the computer. Well, I am not surprised that Menendez won as I had a feeling he would. But he and Corzine will together will be disaster for New Jersey when the taxes go up and Corzine finds more things to tax. I had truly hoped that Kean would win the election but it was all about money, Menendez had plenty of money,I believe 5 million dollars on hand and Kean only had half of that. It is too bad when it is all about money but that's politics. So we need to see what effect this election has on the state of New Jersey. I do not see how it can be any good. Marianita

Recent Resident

Default Property Tax Reform

Is one of the hundred proposals to eliminate MULTIPLE PENSIONS FOR ALL STATE EMPLOYEES? Corzine needs to do N.J. a favor and follow Mcgreevy's example and resign.

New Jersey Tour Guide

Thumbs down Corzine Taxes

Well, Lordmarc, I think not. Corzine is making money and it is doubtful that he will resign. He would have to be ousted. I am not sure why the people New Jersey keep him because he has proven that he does not know how to manage the budget deficit and has taxed everything he can think of. He has it made with the promise of a lifetime pension plus what is no doubt a large salary. Now he has Menendez to help him. It seemed that McGreevy did better. Marianita

Recent Resident

Default Unions and Democrats

Unions supports Democrats, Democrats support raising and inventing taxes. Why does Democrats make it hard for me to afford to support Unions? They have to get Multiple Pensions.
    Im 100% Wal-Marts, B'J.'s and Wegmans. If that angers Unions, Then thank your Democratic Goverment.

New Jersey Tour Guide

Thumbs down Corzine Taxes

Hi lordmarc, Raising taxes will only cause a mass exodus from New Jersey. There is a limit as to how much people can be taxed. I read on NJ.com that there will be a 20% reduction in property taxes in New Jersey. I hope this helps but with Corzine thinking of new things to tax it may not make a significant difference. It is expensive living in New Jersey as it is. I am just thankful that my son has been successful there. It will be expensive for me when I get ready to move there. As long as we have people like Corzine ands Menendez we will be taxed for everything they can think of. There will be more to come. Marianita

Quote Originally Posted by Marianita
    Hi lordmarc, Raising taxes will only cause a mass exodus from New Jersey. There is a limit as to how much people can be taxed. I read on NJ.com that there will be a 20% reduction in property taxes in New Jersey. I hope this helps but with Corzine thinking of new things to tax it may not make a significant difference. It is expensive living in New Jersey as it is. I am just thankful that my son has been successful there. It will be expensive for me when I get ready to move there. As long as we have people like Corzine ands Menendez we will be taxed for everything they can think of. There will be more to come. Marianita
    High taxes are only part of the problem.

High gov't spending (especially on things not needed for the public good {people can easily get into debates about what is the public good }) is the other part of the problem. Gov't needs to live within its means and spend wisely the money that it does have available.
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

NJ & You, Perfect Together

Recent Resident

Default N.J. State Unions are rallying ?

State Unions are rallying about benefit cuts? I'm confused, they put the Democrats in power. I have seen " Firemen for Menendez" signs everywhere. Now that they have made their Democratic bed, they are rallying and saying " We'll remember in November" ? Talk about Hypocrites. Unions want Democrats, Union vote Democrats, Democrats now win and they are feeling betrayed? Remember what in November? Corzine raised every tax in creation and kept Multiple Pensions in effect for State Politicians. How did they remember this November? They voted in Corzine's buddy Menendez as Senator, fully endorsing Corzine. I'm happy that unions that support Democrats now feel the pinch of their decisions. You made your bed, now lay in it.

Unions Support Democrats, Democrats raise taxes, That means millions of people in N.J. cant support Unions. We have to shop at Wal-Mart. If that is the Union Plan, its working. Keep voting Democrat, Oh yeah, We'll remember in November.

Recent Resident

Default Dual positions will end in Edison N.J.

Dual positions will end
    Edison to adopt ethics reform
    Home News Tribune Online 11/30/06
    By GINA VERGEL
    STAFF WRITER
    gvergel@thnt.com

EDISON While state lawmakers toy with the idea of putting an end to dual-office holding, township officials yesterday announced plans to enact a law banning municipal employees from moonlighting and holding multiple positions.

Mayor Jun H. Choi said he would adopt the law and other ethics standards through executive order in the near future, joining Woodbridge as the only municipality in the county to forbid employees from taking jobs that would pose a conflict of interest.

"This is innovative stuff," Choi said. "You don't have that many models around."

Choi said the law, which would not pertain to off-duty police officers who choose to work part time, would also prohibit a municipal employee from taking a private job with a contractor working for the municipality.

The new standards would include a code of ethics that will apply to every full-time municipal employee in the executive and judiciary branches of township government. The measure would limit multiple-position holding and moonlighting, require employees to disclose outside employment and business interests, restrict conflicts of interest, establish post-employment restrictions and designate an Ethics Liaison Officer for the township. That officer, said Choi, will be named shortly.

"What it regulates is transparency," Choi said. "We're reviewing the details, but it is aimed at minimizing conflicts of interest and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. We'll develop a review process to make sure it's a fair standard."

Employees will be subject to mandatory ethics training, the mayor said.

A seven-point executive order signed in September by then-interim Mayor of Woodbridge Joseph Vitale bans municipal employees from engaging in conflicts of interest; using their jobs to provide special benefits to themselves, family members and friends; and accepting money for their jobs aside from their paychecks.

In neighboring Highland Park, Borough Council officials are considering becoming the first municipality in the state to ban dual-office holding for elected positions.

That ordinance, introduced last month, would prohibit Highland Park elected officials from holding another elected office, whether at the county, state or federal level.

New Jersey has more state legislators holding two offices than any other state in the country, according to the Center for Public Integrity. The most common second office is at the municipal level.

Choi also signed a bill yesterday that encourages citizens to get involved in town government. Joined by members of Citizens' Campaign, which he called "advocates of open, honest and clean government," Choi signed the Open Appointments Ordinance, a law unanimously approved by the Township Council in October.

The law was recommended to the council by a Citizens' Campaign graduate intern and Edison resident, Ashley Burke.

Sponsored by Councilman Peter Barnes III and Councilman Tony Massaro, the ordinance will create a public directory of all nonsalary, appointed positions and establish an open application process for citizens seeking such positions. The directory and other information will be kept in the township clerk's office.

"This ordinance promotes openness in government and provides every citizen an opportunity to play a part in shaping public policy in Edison," said Burke, 23.

The Metuchen-based organization's founder, Harry Pozycki, said the directory will hold information about positions available on about 25 boards and commissions.

"Many residents think of government as having to run for mayor or the council. They don't realize there are hundreds of positions in the town they can hold, only needing to devote an hour or two per week," Pozycki said. "This is a way for the township to tap into one of its best resources educated citizens."

Councilwoman Joan Kapitan, who attended the press conference along with Councilman Charles Tomaro, said the township, and its residents, had much to be proud of in adopting the ethics reforms.

"Congratulations to us," Kapitan said.

http://www.thnt.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...611300448/1001

Recent Resident

Default Archie Bunker on Democrats

Recent Resident

Default N.J.Rally in Trenton?

http://www.news12.com/NJ/topstories/article?id=186667

If I was at the Rally, I would of made a statement to have the Legislature give up one of their many pensions. A Vote Menendez is a vote to endorce Corzine. You all should of seen this coming. They had no problem closing NJ down, they will have no problem cutting your pensions and giving them selves a raise. You should of voted for Ton Kean Jr. That would of sent a stronger message to the Democrats that ruin NJ and your futures. Your rally only gave them something to smile about.
    Last edited by lordmarc; 12-11-2006 at 02:02 PM.

Default Mr.Corzine should be President

Mr. Corzine is doing a great job. I think New Jersey has a reason for high property tax? NJ has quality, I said quality services and I know the people of NJ are proud and feel proud when they write the tax checks. I fully endorse tolling all the highway's we take for granted. It helps NJ be strong. Corzine will give tax relief. The people need to be patient, but in the meantime, have pride that your tax money goes to support NJ.Corzine kept his promise by eliminating corruption in Trenton He fired that woman who paid off the police to free her jailbird boyfriend. . I believe that our great Legislature deserves the pensions they earned. They work hard to give us our quality life. I am proud to be NJ and proud, I said proud to pay my taxes to be apart of NJ. I will support Unions that vote Democrat. If they vote for a pension cut this November, that means they want to keep NJ strong. Amen

New Jersey Tour Guide

Default Corzine

Hi ilovenj, There is much truth in what you say. I am all for paying my taxes. I however do not agree that there should be more toll booths. Toll booths are fine if everyone can afford them. I know the money is needed for different things. I have a lot of pride in New Jersey, more then you would imagine. The problem I see is that this beautiful state could be taxed to the limit. I realize Corzine is trying to lower taxes but will not do so by continual taxing this and that. I question the wisdom of Corzine shutting down New Jersey. I realize it was a last resort. At any rate I am well aware that New Jersey has quality. I am glad my son moved there 3 yrs ago. He has been content with his job and family life there. My new grandson was born there in Mt Holly 4 months ago. I say he is a very fortunate little guy to have been born there. I do respect your point of view. Marianita

Default Thank you Marianita

Thank you for agreeing with me. NJ is the best and we are proud to have the best taxes. When I pay my NJ tax, I feel an adrenilian of pride. When the Democrats win their seats in November, thanks to the Union votes, Pensions will be cut to help keep NJ running. I am proud of our Unions voting for a pension cut to help NJ. WIth this much pride, I am happy to call myself NJ.

New Jersey Tour Guide

Default Corzine taxes

You are so very welcome ilovenj. I am also proud to call my self NJ. There is something about the place. When I set my feet on NJ soil I am home. My son adjusted so quickly to NJ life that at his job they named him ''Jersey Rich''. Talk about pride in a place. When I am able to move there I am going to live in Mt Laural. Take care. Marianita

Default Mr Corzine should be commended

Mr Corzine should be commended for the great work he is doing for NJ. He has stabalized our economy and brought our property tax down by 20%. Their should be a statue of Mr Corzine in every School in NJ to show students who saved NJ. Mr Jon Corzine

New Jersey Tour Guide

Default Corzine taxes

Hi ilovenj I say, there very well may be a statue. Unfortunately these things are done after one has departed this life. At any rate 20% is 20%. Marianita