Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: CORZINE TAXES!!!!!!!

New Jersey Tour Guide

Default State shut down

Hi Lordmarc, It is quite possible that Corzine was aware that the people would agree to the tax increase just to get the shut down over with. It is also possible that he did it in desperation because he quite simply does not know what to do. The tax increase will not make a notable difference in property taxes. It is not enough money. Now he made a comment that the spending would have to be stopped and he is the one doing the spending. He said he is prepared for some fallout and I am betting he is. He may get recalled. Why is that these people have benefits for life anyway? The tax payers have to pay for that. The problems are so searious now with the deficit and the property taxes that it will take someone who knows how to handle it to fix it. Increasing the sales tax will cost the people more, not less. You can bet that clothing will be taxed. Everything will be taxed because Corzine will see to it. The man needs to go. He is ruining the state with his tendency to tax everything. He has had some strange ideas from cutting from universities to having people pump their own gas to eliminating crews to clean up road kill.The spending goes on and on. I hope he is not reelected in Nov. Lets get him out. Marianita

Talking The problems with electing Deomcrats at all

Technically, the blame is on every resident of NJ who votes Democrat, I am an Independent, but the difference between Democrat & Republican is: Democrats spend money and Republicans don't. NO political party is better than the other except the Democrats SPEND, SPEND, SPEND.. and who pays for it... why the people who elected the joker. If the residents don't want any more taxes STOP VOTING DEMOCRAT it's that simple. Impeachment of Corizine is a good thing....... but most importantly vote OUT the House of Representatives and Legislature....... by the way.... most members of the House and Legislature are employed by a major company, the monies they earn as a political member is extra (not their only income) THEY ARE FAT CATS ON THE BACK OF EACH AND EVERY RESIDENT... know how to stop it... VOTE THEM OUT. November is a good month because you get to remove each and every house member. what you do is know who is currently in the house and legislature, KNOW THERE NAMES... 2nd go to the voting booths and don't vote for them, vote for the other party.... then the people will be giving a message!!! and of course when it's time to elect a new govenor do 2 things... vote REPUBLICAN and don't vote for Corizine....

Smile Mr. Corzine is Great

You crybabies make me sick. You choose to live in New Jersey and refuse to pay the price. We live in the best state and have the best Governor. Mr. Corzine has to fix our budget and he has pulled off a miracle. People in New Jersey should be grateful to have a leader like Mr. Corzine. If our Politicians have more then one pension, then I say they deserve it. They make good laws and arrange quality of life for us in New Jersey. I for one support Mr. Corzines tax plans and will fully support it. I'm proud to be from New Jersey and proud to say I have voted for Mr. Corzine and will pay happily his tax increases to help my state. Mr. Corzine has my full support, I salute him in his decisions to fix our budget. I guess we all have to pay a penny more to fix our state. Its our home, We should pay with feel honored that we as a group are fixing our budget.

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

I'm proud to be from NJ too and love this state - but let's look at who got NJ into this mess - the politicians. So instead of them paying for it and reducing spending - they lay the burden on New Jersey tax payers.

As for Crozine fixing the budget mess - he only "fixed it" if you want to call it that - for this one year. He increased spending which REQUIRED him to put the tax in place. If government funding was frozen or cut - then we wouldn't have been socked with the raise in taxes. NJ is one of the most taxed state in the nation - yet we get very little for our money. The politicans have to go - including Corzine. Next year, or a few years from now - the politicians will be singing the same tune about the budget. There have been many many promises of - if we raise this or that tax right now - we will solve the budget forevert. I swear, you must really have blinders on if you think that Corzine actually fixed it this time. You are the exact type of voter that I say is the problem with the NJ government. You elect them, don't hold them accountable and then praise them when they taxc us for their mismangement and over spending.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Recent Resident

I agree with I beat up Dawn Guzzo. I think we in N.J. need to vote out the Democrats.I beat up Dawn Guzzo states "Democrats spend money and Republicans don't. NO political party is better than the other except the Democrats SPEND, SPEND, SPEND.. and who pays for it... why the people who elected the joker. If the residents don't want any more taxes STOP VOTING DEMOCRAT it's that simple. Impeachment of Corizine is a good thing....... but most importantly vote OUT the House of Representatives and Legislature....... by the way.... most members of the House and Legislature are employed by a major company, the monies they earn as a political member is extra (not their only income) THEY ARE FAT CATS ON THE BACK OF EACH AND EVERY RESIDENT... know how to stop it... VOTE THEM OUT."
    I beat up Dawn Guzzo says it all in the one paragraph. I know in November I will vote out Democrats in N.J. If Democrats win again, then N.J. residents votes for taxes. Taxes that are used to take care of N.J. currupt politicans. As for ilovenj, Your Mr Corzine willl one day make the Mafia pay, that our taxes support, taxes on the cocaine you must be snorting, passing the taxes on to you.

Recent Resident

Default Corzine Taxes

Lets all also remember Corzine was a N.J. State Senator. A Senator goes to a Governer the same way Admiral goes to a Captain. He sat above the Governer. I laugh when Corzine acts suprised about N.J. Budget problems. Instead he raises our taxes to suppport his currupt State Assembly friends. he shuts the Government down ( Except the Tollbooths) and looks like a hero when he reopens it only on his terms. Remember N.J., he was our Senator for 5 years. Yet he is suprised about our budget. He just increased revenue to make sure the Multiple Pensions can continue to go through. Im sure everyone on the State Assembly got a raise. Thanks to Corzine, We the people pay more so his people make more. The true meaning of a Ponzi is life in N.J. Read what a Ponzi Scheme is and comapre to Corzine and his tax plans Its amazing that N.J. was cought in the original Ponzi Scheme

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi

Lordmarc - although I agree with you on Corzine's recent tax raising and so forth - I have to correct you on his position. He was not as NJ State Senator, he was a US Senator and hence his role is to represent NJ interests at the federal level and had nothing to do with the state government until his election to governor. That being said, you must ask yourself why NJ gives the most of any state to the federal government, but gets the least amount of money in return.

Jon Corzine - Vote Smart
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

New Jersey Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by ilovenj
    You crybabies make me sick. You choose to live in New Jersey and refuse to pay the price. We live in the best state and have the best Governor. Mr. Corzine has to fix our budget and he has pulled off a miracle. People in New Jersey should be grateful to have a leader like Mr. Corzine. If our Politicians have more then one pension, then I say they deserve it. They make good laws and arrange quality of life for us in New Jersey. I for one support Mr. Corzines tax plans and will fully support it. I'm proud to be from New Jersey and proud to say I have voted for Mr. Corzine and will pay happily his tax increases to help my state. Mr. Corzine has my full support, I salute him in his decisions to fix our budget. I guess we all have to pay a penny more to fix our state. Its our home, We should pay with feel honored that we as a group are fixing our budget.
    After reading this again - I have to ask if this is all said with deep sarcasm, for surely you can NOT truly feel this way about what Corzine has done.

New Jersey Proud!

Recent Resident

I wont argue, you could be right. But I cut this from Wikipedia

"Entry into politics
    Leaving Goldman Sachs in January 1999, Corzine campaigned for one of New Jersey's Senate seats after Frank Lautenberg announced his retirement. Corzine was elected to the Senate by a narrow margin over his Republican opponent Bob Franks in November 2000 and was sworn into the Senate in January 2001. He spent $62,802,999 on his campaign, the most expensive Senate campaign in US history - over $35 million of this was spent on the primary election alone, where he ran against former Governor James Florio."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_corzine

I know Im right about Corzines Ponzi Scheme, We pay , get nothing new for our tax dollars and his buddies get multiple pensions

Quote Originally Posted by lordmarc
    I wont argue, you could be right. But I cut this from Wikipedia
    Lordmarc - I'm not arguing about the Ponzi Scheme. I'm actually not that familar with that. I was just saying that he was a US Senator. BTW - his relationship with Katz speaks volumes also. She was his mistress and he protects the unions at all costs.

New Jersey Proud!

Default Im proud to be NJ

Im glad most of you agree with me. Its refreshing to know Mr.Corzine has experience in NJ politics as a senater. this should make everyone more relieved to pay his much needed sales tax tomorrow. I look forward to my first purchase with the 7% sales tax. It gives me a feeling of teamwork. I feel like I am fixing the NJ budget problems. I salute all the democrats in NJ who make this a wonderful place to live. I know they will win over the republicans this and every November. You people want to continue your high quality life in NJ then stop complaining about a penny tax. Pay it with pride

Default ilove nj is ignorant and HE CAN NOT SPELL

ilove nj is ignorant, to declare himself as right and that everyone agrees with him is just as childish as the fact he can't spell nor does he know his math. Let's all help ilove nj, so he can understand reality of his beloved Governor Corizine, ready now... let's take the first step:
    Corizine, Holding a state hostage with mafia-like antics such as turning off the state until he gets his way (in regards to Corizine it was the 1% sales tax raise -- which by the way is more than the penny the ilove nj will so proudly pay today) cost residents several millions of dollars that needs to be repaid is a serious tactic, mafia - guerilla like tactic, that should have been deployed if and only if there truly was a deadlock - NOT because he didn't get his way because he wanted a 1% sales tax!!!! First it was an abuse of power, Second it was unnecessary, Three it served its purpose - to put the scare in the residents to show what his power can do, sort of like something a Mafia Wiseguy might do. Corizine is happy to have ilovenj and people just like him because it will keep him in office and will allow Corizine to have perfect working drones like ilovenj to pay his oulandish taxes!!

New Jerseyan

I do not care what stats anyone gives me about corzine and his cronnies in Trenton , they (dems) must go in Nov. They made N.J. a national disgrace and must pay! I will keep a promise unlike politicians , I WILL NOT vote for any democrat in Nov. and that includes menendez! KEAN and Republicans all the way!
    NEW JERSEY HISTORY SECOND TO NONE !

Recent Resident

Angry Furor Corzine

Well we got Furor Corzine's tax today. I agree with" I beat up Dawn Guzzo". Furor Corzine held our State Hostage to get his tax increase to pay off his Mafia friends and Multiple Pensions. This November, ALL DEMOCRATS MUST GO. "I beat up Dawn Guzzo" makes the most sense here. If we continue to allow these Democrats to rule our state , then we the people will live under dictatorship. We need to stop fighting the wrong terrorists in this country. Its time to take back our Country from the real American threat. Mafia Politicians who are crippling the American Economy. Its time for me to pay Furor Corzines taxes. Verizon must go and Vonage is coming soon to my house hold. I have to cut back and Furor Corzine has made decisions that I must pay so multiple pensions can continue. Companies like Verizon must go, Shopping malls must go, hello Wal-Mart. I already said Goodbye to the NYSC and joined YMCA. Thank you Furor Corzine, I hope your evil assembly enjoy the benefits of NJ, We paid for it with our blood, I should say, you STOLE our blood to support your multiple pensions. I'm banging my Chest and saying " Hi Corzine".
    Last edited by lordmarc; 07-16-2006 at 01:37 AM.

Talking Corizine is Impeachable

Sig Heil Corizine, the new Furor!! (Too bad he can't commit suicide in a bunker, such is reality) but......... The great residents of NJ, especially lordmarc will agree, that to start an IMPEACHMENT of Corizine is, the only alternative. Corizine has wronged the residents of NJ, he has turned off the state which by the way caused many hardworking people to lose lots of money and caused a huge deficit by the millions which could have gone to state services or charities or.... raised the salaries of hard working state-city-county employees who only recieve ONE pention, raised sales tax, protects unions (which is mob related), allows multiple pentions to his cronies, hires family in positions they are not qualified for, and had an affair. Anyone, who works in the U.S. did one or all of these things would be terminated from their jobs, so why not terminate Corizine? It only makes sense. I agree with lordmarc, he is a furor, he thinks he is the ultimate power and he uses scare tactics on the good hardworking people of NJ. I for one feel that a petition should be started IMMEDIATELY to IMPEACH this crooked, unlawful man.

Recent Resident

Default Corzine's gives multiple pensions

Corzine has stolen food money from the people of N.J. so he can give N.J. Assemby workers more pension money, I mean multiple pensions. People are so close to Bankrupsy and trusted Corzine to help the people of N.J. What does he do, he hurt everyone in N.J. by his taxes for the sole purpose of paying multiple pensions to the real terrorists of N.J., Our Mafia Government. He is making us pay more so he can pay multiple pensions. Only one member of our State Assembly gave up ap pension. Mr. Cody, its your turn and others to give back our money and stop being greedy .You people are no better then the terrorists. You attack our Constitution with your greed for multiple pensions. In the Bible, it states "That its easier for a camel to enter the eye of a needle then it is for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. As "I beat up Dawn Guzzo says "Sig Heil Corizine"
    Last edited by lordmarc; 07-16-2006 at 01:32 AM.

New Jerseyan

All I can say is I hope everyone remembers what the dems did to us at voting time in Nov. We all have to vote them OUT! Remember people, remember!
    NEW JERSEY HISTORY SECOND TO NONE !

Recent Resident

Angry Vote Republican in November

Are Democrats the answer to these problems? They feel the best way to cure cancer is to kill the patient. Im sure I beat up Dawn Guzzo would agree.

This is what the Democrats have done for us, and they get multiple pensions.

NEW JERSEY STANDARD OF LIVING:
    New Jersey has the highest auto insurance rates in the nation.
    New Jersey has the highest property taxes in the nation.
    New Jersey has the highest cigarette tax in the nation.
    New Jersey has the second highest statewide housing costs in the nation: 73% above the national average!
    New Jersey has the third highest cost of doing business in the nation.
    New Jersey has the fourth highest health insurance costs in the nation.
    New Jersey has the fifth highest amount of tax-supported debt in the nation.
    New Jersey's overall cost of living is 32% above the national average. Why pay such a premium to live in New Jersey when you could live in a place that is both nice and has a reasonable cost of living?
    New Jersey collects income taxes, sales taxes, property taxes, sin taxes, casino taxes, tourism taxes, and highway tolls, yet the state has massive budget problems. Where the hell is all of that money going? At least I know where it is coming from: your pockets!
    New Jersey ranks first in the nation in per-pupil spending, but its students' only achieve average reading and math scores.
    New Jersey is the most densely populated and overcrowded state in the nation. Hope you like standing in long lines and sitting in traffic jams.
    The Jersey shore (don't say beaches) is vastly overrated. First, you have to fight your way through traffic jams and toll booths. Next, you have to pay for parking. Then you have to pay for beach tags to use a public beach! Finally, the ocean will be murky, freezing cold, or filled with jellyfish.
    Atlantic City will always be a cut-rate resort compared to Las Vegas.
    Last edited by lordmarc; 07-16-2006 at 01:29 AM.

Recent Resident

Default N.J. Multiple Pensions is a Reality

Lawmaker giving up multiple pensions
    Posted by the Asbury Park Press on 05/22/06
    BY KIM BROWN
    GANNETT NEW JERSEY
    Assemblyman Christopher "Kip" Bateman, R-Somerset, is putting his money where his mouth is.

An Assembly member since 1994, he recently gave up pensions for serving as municipal prosecutor in the boroughs of Peapack-Gladstone and Bound Brook and is in the process of giving up a third pension for holding the same position in Bridgewater.

He discussed the issue last week at a meeting with editors of the Courier News, Bridgewater.

"I hope in a small way this will help. It's not going to change anything overnight, but if we continue to talk about it, it will change," he said. "There's a lot of reasons I'm in government, but I don't want people thinking I'm in it to get a big, fat pension. That's not why I'm in it."

Although he is giving up three pensions, he is still entitled to one for serving in the Legislature. In addition, Bateman is an attorney with DiFrancesco, Bateman, Coley, Yospin, Kunzman, Davis & Lehrer. The Warren firm represents a number of towns and planning boards.

For a legislator to earn multiple pensions is not unusual. At least one-third of legislators have more than one state-funded pension, Bateman estimated. The process is known as tacking: Politicians "tack" several part-time jobs together to create a huge pension.

A Gannett New Jersey review of pension data from 2002, completed last year, showed that at least $238 million was paid in salaries to 9,500 individuals holding 24,700 government jobs. That represents 3 percent of the entire payroll in local, county and state government, excluding police, firefighters and teachers.

Two bills co-sponsored by Bateman aim to end the practice of tacking and the drain it creates on the state budget.

The first, A-696, would require a legislator with more than one job in the Public Employees' Retirement System to choose one position for which they would receive pension credit. A second bill, A-119, would apply to anyone in the state retirement system. People hired after the bill becomes law would have to choose one position as the basis of their pension.

Despite words of support from several legislators, both bills have been stalled for several years.

While the private sector has sharply cut pension and health insurance benefits, the state has gone the opposite way. The Legislature voted with uncommon bipartisan cooperation to enhance benefits in June 2001 for its members after the pension fund's assets already had been dwindling.

Any substantive change in the law would require legislators to take on public employees, a major voting block. Last year, New Jersey had about 514,000 employees contributing to the pension fund, 210,000 retired employees receiving pensions and 358,000 active and retired workers receiving health benefits.

With a projected $4.5 billion budget deficit, Bateman believes that time has come.

"Down the road it will cost me thousands of dollars, but we need to show the public where we stand," he said." "We need to do something to change the system."

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...20317/1001/rss

Recent Resident

Talking Democrat Joke

A Democrat went parachute jumping. He leapt out of the plane, felt the rush of the wind and saw the ground getting closer. After a few seconds he reached for the rip cord to open his parachute. Just then an angel flew by and said he him, "If you love the Lord don't pull that rip cord." The Democrat was very religious, so he took his hand away from the rip cord, saying, "Yes sir, I do love the Lord. A few seconds later, the ground was a lot closer and his body began to be really tense. Once again, he reached for the rip cord--and the angel flew by again, saying, "If you love the Lord don't pull that rip cord." The Democrat's faith was strong and he took his hand away again. A few seconds later--splat!--the Democrat hit the earth and was killed instantly. And as the angel flew away he said to himself, "I don't know how I got to be an angel when I hate Democrats so much."