Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: CORZINE TAXES!!!!!!!

New Jersey Tour Guide

Thumbs down Corzine taxes

Hi NJ Barb, Ofcourse I care. I have a son in New Jersey who bought a townhouse recently and is waiting for it to be finished being built to move in. I think it is frightfully expensive to begin with and I hate to think of the taxes.
    What we need is to vote out Corzine at the next election. It is absolutely a must to get him out.
    What you are paying is ridiculous but no doubt the property is just beautiful. With Corzine managing things the taxes are going up, not down.
    I am sorry you are stuck paying those taxes. Corzine has plans to raise the tolls and that is all you need. Vote him out. marianita

Tourist

Default You Disgust Me!

Is this guy NUTS?!! Wants to raise tolls and add tolls because of the States enormous debt, and THEN approves 11% pay hike for judiciary after a 5% pay hike for them in 2007? He says he had to do it to assure we retain a staff of such magnificient people. Well I didnt see anyone quitting over their current salaries! In order to comply with my agreements regarding posting etiquette on this site...I will just say You are bad news for NJ!! BAD BAD NEWS!!!!

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stardood View Post
    Is this guy NUTS?!! Wants to raise tolls and add tolls because of the States enormous debt, and THEN approves 11% pay hike for judiciary after a 5% pay hike for them in 2007?
    Welcome stardood. So you see the irony in this too? What about him trying to get 500 million in state funding for Stem cell research past while he's going on and on about the state being in the red??? Why doesn't he begin by attracting BUSINESSES to our great cities. Skyscrapers are being built left and right in Philadelphia and New York - where are the skyscrapers being built in Camden, Newark, Jersey City??? Where are the corporations going there??? What about the second rail tunnel he supports to export our jobs to NY at a cost of billions (which is really what the toll hikes will go to pay for)!!!

I would love for a politician for once to stand up for New Jersey and New Jerseyans. I know there are some out there who are fighting - but they aren't the majority yet.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

New Jersey Tour Guide

Thumbs down Corzine taxes

Hi stardood, Well, get ready because the toll fees are going up substantially, not just slightly. There is a huge deficiet and Corzine does not knowwhat to do about it. Ofcourse the deficit has been there for a long time and now that the situation is desperate Corzine decides to do something drastic. The tolls are not cheap as it is.
    Corzine has had time to think of ways of managing and has not anything. The property tax remains the highest and every few yrs a mass exodus occurs as a result. So what will happen is that only the very wealthy will be able to live in NJ.
    Now, as for the toll increase. It will hurt the ones who have no choice but to pay the fees. Others are planning on an alternate route which could have people driving through neighborhoods which could cause a lot of traffic that residents do not appreciate.After alla it becomes worrisome in the quiet areas.
    So much money is being spent on other things. Now take the Marlton circle for example. If you read the article in New Jersey Monthly they want to do away with the circle and spend millions of $$ constructing a road to replace the circle. Approximately 80,000 cars pass through the circle in a day . The circle does not need to be removed. Infact it is needed. It needs some work done on it but it does not need replacing. Infact it is very effective in moving a great deal of traffic.
    Corzine has waited too long to do anything about the budget and has allowed money to spent in large amounts. The toll increase is ridiculous what with property taxes and everything else. But I feel it is just a matter of time til it takes place.
    Corzine needs to go. Marianita

Tourist

Default the taxes will go on and bigger

there is no way our politicians , more so in county and town level , will not keep increasing government size , taxes and give out no bid sweet contracts to their buds. there is no elected attorney general , so np control. only chris christie and his limited resources.
    go to a dem or repub meeting. the talk is about what jobs are open and how to get them for themselves or friends.
    the sopranp state will pass the tolls and a gas tax and income tax increase , no doubt. cut govt ? pigs will fly firsy

New Jersey Tour Guide

Default Corzine Taxes

Hi salt. You are absolutely right about the tolls and taxes. It is because Corzine is managing the money. Stem cell research? The money could be better used elsewhere. The people are are going to fight back and accept what Corzine dishes out, when pigs fly, that is. Marianita

Tourist

Default Take everything from the Trators

We vote the these representives in office Since the beginning of America we elect people to represent us and guide our County down the path of righteousness so WE THE PEOPLE can enjoy the GOD given FREEDOMS expressed and guaranteed in the “Bill of Rights.” The document that seen its birth right here in Perth Amboy, New Jersey 220 years ago. Why is it that these TRAITOR ELECTED OFFICIALS who pledge and swears allegiance to uphold the beliefs written in the Constitution and then break their OATH are not punished more severely? Not only should they go to jail they should also loose their houses, cars, boats, stocks, bonds, money and pensions when they are convicted. Why should the dishonest, corrupt public official come out of jail without suffering financial loss as do WE THE PEOPLE they serve do by paying for their corruption?
    Senators Lynch and Sharpe James moneys alone would fix most of the states debit and send a message to others to be honest. Take all the convicted politicians and their private partners over the past three year’s monies, properties and we would balance the budget. If the Democrat Party can get the State Supreme Court to change the law to allow Senator Lautenburg to enter the race for Senator against Doug Forrester then they should be able to take away everything from these TRAITORS.

New Jersey Tour Guide

Default Corzine Taxes

Hi stamptongs, W do elect these people because we always think they will do a better job then the one before. Then when things go wrong there is not much we can do. When taxes continue to be too high and there is a mass exodus every few yrs from New Jersey we know the taxes are too high. Ofcourse there are many other issues too and we cannot do anything but protest.
    These people you have mentioned do indeed have plenty of money.
    Politics is not always a clean game. Well, it never is. I wonder if the politiians read the bill of rights before taking office, probably not. Why are they not procecuted? I don't know. Mariasnita

New Jersey Tour Guide

Default Corzine Taxes

Hi stamptongs, W do elect these people because we always think they will do a better job then the one before. Then when things go wrong there is not much we can do. When taxes continue to be too high and there is a mass exodus every few yrs from New Jersey we know the taxes are too high. Ofcourse there are many other issues too and we cannot do anything but protest.
    These people you have mentioned do indeed have plenty of money.
    Politics is not always a clean game. Well, it never is. I wonder if the politiians read the bill of rights before taking office, probably not. Why are they not procecuted? I don't know. Marianita

New Jersey Tour Guide

Default Corzine Taxes

Hi Jersey Devil, I just read in the Tribune that Corzine might have too much opposition raising the tolls. I think since that flying pigs deal he realizes that the people of New Jersey are sick of having no say where their tax dollars are going.
    Ofcourse Corzine will have trouble raising the tolls 50%. Who wants to pay more?
    Well, we will see. Surely Corzine can think of something else to get the money for the for the state deficit. I knew the toll hike would not be warmly welcomed. Actually Corzine is willing to compromise. He will take less then 50% more for the toll hike.
    I wonder how he will do it. It should be interesting. Marianita

Tourist

Default What happened to New Jersey

I seriously think that ilovenj is either on some serious meds or smoking something. You are definitely warped and are a very misguided individual.
    Get your priorities straight and open your eyes.
    I agree with all the concrete facts that lordmarc has stated above.
    I think that ilovenj should do some homework on what the people in office are really doing to the residents of NJ first before making those kind of judgements. The state has really gotten bad over the last 20 years.
    Very Very Sad.....

New Jersey Tour Guide

Default Corzine taxes

Hi beezah, The fact is that the state of New Jersey is going to go broke if something isn't done. Raising toll fees is not going to help and the people of New Jersey are tired of the high costs. The deficit is so hugh that nothing short of a miracle can fix it.
    Believe me. People will figure out how to avoid the tolls and that will mean alternate routes into quiet neighborhoods and more traffic. Has Corzine thought of this? Marianita

Tourist

Default Help

I remember NJ being a peaceful, an absolutely ideal place to live and raise a family. I honestly had a nice childhood, but now, there is no way in heck I would do that myself in this day and age.
    New Jersey needs major help. And yes, they need Corzine needs to "get the boot" , for sure.
    It hurts to see my family still living there in the environment I grew up in and go through this crap.

New Jersey Tour Guide

Default Corzine taxes

Hi beezah, New Jersey is the most beautiful place on earth but is going broke. The property taxes are the highest in the nation and the middle classed are being fazed out.
    People do not need to pay more and more. One day there will be no middle class, just very wealthy. The poor really suffer there.
    Corzine has not done anything for the tax situation that I can see. And he wants to hike the tolls thus making it harder for people who live there.
    The mass exodus that takes place every few years will continue until something is done.
    The budget deficit is nothing new. Although it is not easy to fix it would seem that something could have been worked out before it reached such enormous proportions. I don't think raising the tolls is the answer because it takes to long to get results and is not well received by thepeople of New Jersey. Remember that ''when pigs fly'' event?
    I can understand your feelings. Marianita

New Jerseyan

I would love to see Corzine and a handful of legislators get the boot - but as someone explained it to me, this got harder in the past decade. It used to be that a recall petition needed a certain percentage (25%?) of signatures of people who voted in the previous election. Now it's that percentage of all registered voters. So say NJ has a million registered voters but only half of them bother to get to the polls - you can put up a recall petition with 125,000 signatures. But if you need 25% of all registered voters, you have to track down 250,000 - not to mention the regulations as to form, timing, etc. The numbers may be off but you get the point - the "law" makes it very hard to recall people.
    There are a couple organizations that are working hard to put the light of day on Corzine's mismanagement and to get the word out in plain language - one is Americans for Prosperity and one is a South Jersey group called Liberty and Prosperity. I think they both have web sites.

New Jersey Tour Guide

Default CORZINE TAXES

Hi NJ barb. Well, it does sound like a whole lot of trouble tracking down all those people. Besides it is impossible to find all of them.
    Corzine needs to go but it may be too late to fix the deficit. It would take many years. Corzine himself said the state is broke and raising the toll fees is necessary because the money has to come from somewhere. The fees will gradually go up as the years pass and people are going to get sick of it. Imagine a 50% hike?
    When the budget does not atleast improve when a particular person has been in office for a while then something is not right. Do you remember when Corzine wanted people to pump their own gas? That would leave people without jobs. He also wanted to cut funding to universities and also people who clean up road kill would have their jobs eliminated or cut. Now that is going a bit far. I believe he received 4000 emails protesting something he wanted to do so could not do it after all.

So there you have it. I read in my new Jersey magazine that the deficit wa 36 billion dollars and I thought I had looked at it wrong. I was not looking at it wrong. A governor is needed who will be able to figure out where to get the money from. But that is a whole lot of money. There must be something to cut that won't hurt the people so much.
    I was not happy when I saw that the Marlton Circle is to be completely rebuilt when it only needs repair. That is an example of how money is being spent needlessly. Anyway we will see how things go. Marianita

We have a budget deficit for two reasons - and it's not from a lack of taxes - it's from too much spending and the fact that very little effort has been made to make our cities thriving business communities. Another problem no one wants to solve is the number of municipalities.

This is what needs to be done -

1) Cut spending
    2) Consolidate school district and municipalities
    3) Lower business taxes in Newark, Jersey City, Camden, Trenton, etc to attract high paying jobs.

The last one would take time to realize the benefits, but without thriving cities, New Jerseyans keep paying more to support them. Also, commuters moving to the outlying areas, and thenj commuting just adds more and more traffic. Most commuters commute to PA or NY, because our cities don't have the businesses. This causes NJ to have to pay for schools, police, hospitals, fire departments, more roads and transportation, while NY/Philly don't have to worry about these as much or at all - yet they get the rateables.

Everyone complains about exporting jobs overseas - but people don't realize that exporting jobs out of state is just as bad. STOP EXPORTING OUR JOBS OVER THE RIVERS!

BTW - Corzine went on and on about the budget last year - but then wanted to add $500 million in spending on stem cell. I support stem cell - I just don't feel it's the state's roll to fund it. I think instead of that - we should give tax incentives to high tech companies to move into our cities.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

New Jersey Proud!

Tourist

Angry Very Sad Governor

Let us remember, as the governor of this fair state, is raising taxes that
    may be for the good of the state,but think of what he is doing to our families, our parents that are still with us who have worked so hard to raise us,in these communities and may lose there homes because of corzines taxes!!! How many families that live in stratford or vorhees or barrington work
    2 jobs just too keep food on the table, clothes on there children???
    Why is corzine not taking a pay cut ? Why not start cutting the Fat from our great leaders in office ???? Why is it that our great governor is going to take away from hard working middle class and the poor and not start with a good example like his paycheck and his staff and other offices at the top???
    This governor does not deserve his job , corzine needs to be removed from office, Its shameful that our parents may lose there homes because of his ignorance !!! Its hard enough too grow old but too have to pay more and more in taxes it will be a miracle if seniors dont lose there homes they have had for years !!!!:

New Jersey Tour Guide

Default Corzine taxes

Hi got4kids. You are so right. People are losing their homes and they are also leaving in great numbers. Working 2 jobs is a shame and it takes from family time.
    Now the latest news on Corzine from the Tribune is that he is thinking of cutting colleges, the funding. That is the wrong way to cut, education. Education is needed for our future generation. I think Corzine is getting frustrated because people do not like the ideas he has for cutting. The tolls first and then edcation. I can tell you that he is not going to make people happy to pay a 50& toll hike.
    He needs to go. I think maybe he will just finish his term and that's it.
    What will happen as far as people's homes is that there will be forclosures or people relocating to PA where they can afford to live.
    Yes it is a shame and believe me Corzine is well off and he does not have to worry.
    My son was buying a house and although he was earning a good salary in NJ his wife does not work as she has smallren to care for. So he realized it would be difficult with the taxes, upped and moved to Texas.
    It is a shame but it is the property tax that prevents many people from even having a home and others end up in forclosure. It is getting to the point where only the very wealthy can live there.
    I sure understand what you must be feeling. Marianita

Well what's ironic about him wanting to cut funding to colleges - is that he wants to institute all day kindergarten. I call that tax payer funded day care. I'm for education, but I really don't think that it is overly beneficial to have all day kindergarten. It really is pathetic how money is just switched around in Trenton.

BTW Got4Kids - I agree. We have politicians who collect multiple government pensions. If they cared so much about reducing the debt of the state - the legislators would not have grandfathered themselves in to protect themselves from having to accept ONLY one pension.

New Jersey Proud!