Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: CORZINE TAXES!!!!!!!

New Jersey Tour Guide

Default Corzine Taxes

Corzine has already proven himself by taxing everything except the air we breathe. Before we count on the tolls being leased we need to see it happen and when and if it does we need to see what is done with the money. Marianita

Default Thursday will be a great day

This Thursday, Mr. Corzine will make his Budget speech. Im sure he will tell us how strong N.J. is, thanks to his needed tax increases. Im sure we in N.J. will be happy and we get a rebate on our property tax. I cant wait until November when the Democrats win the offices they hold and secure N.J. for a rock solid future.

New Jersey Tour Guide

Default Corzine Taxes

Hi ilovenj, These posts are just too funny. I will let you know if my son is paying $6000.00 a year in taxes when he buys his house.

Default $6000 a year will contribute in keeping N.J. strong

Let your son know that his $6000 a year will contribute in keeping N.J. strong and maintain a healthy economy. To live in N.J., he is getting a good deal.

Democrats in N.J. in 2008

New Jersey Tour Guide

Default Corzine Taxes

Hi ilovenj, I will let him know. I am sure he will be pleased to know he is contributing to a healthy economy.

Default Corzine for President

We in N.J. should endorse Jon Corzine for President. He has fixed the problems of N.J. and if he was President, He could clean up Bushes mess in less then a year. Bush, A republican has done nothing move America forward. He is only focused on Iraq and spending billions of dollars and left Katrina in the forgotten zone. Mr. Corzine will clean up the Republican corruption and bring America to a strong future. Lets in N.J. help clean up the American corruption. Republicans!!

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ilovenj
    We in N.J. should endorse Jon Corzine for President. He has fixed the problems of N.J. and if he was President, He could clean up Bushes mess in less then a year. Bush, A republican has done nothing move America forward. He is only focused on Iraq and spending billions of dollars and left Katrina in the forgotten zone. Mr. Corzine will clean up the Republican corruption and bring America to a strong future. Lets in N.J. help clean up the American corruption. Republicans!!
    He can't even clean up the corruption of the Democrats in NJ - I seriously doubt he would be able to do anything about Republicans. As for fixing the problems of NJ - he hasn't done anything yet other than make speeches and increase the budget by a billion dollars.

Also, as I told you - if you wish to talk about national issues - start a thread in the General Discussion forum.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Default Mr. Corzine

I only mentioned " national issues" because of Mr. Corzine. I do not want to start another topic as N.J. politics is all I want to discuss. The Democrats have done so much for N.J. and you still complain. If your proud to be N.J., then be proud to pay the taxes to support your claim. Did you vote for Mr. Corzine? You know you did. I cant wait until the Turnpike is leased out. Im hoping the new owners will fix the Merger at exit 8. I hope they will add more lanes down south. I hope they dont continue to close the cars only lane all the time. When they lease the Turnpike, I hope they fire out the lazy rude people that work for them.

I only mentioned " national issues" because of Mr. Corzine. I do not want to start another topic as N.J. politics is all I want to discuss. The Democrats have done so much for N.J. and you still complain. If your proud to be N.J., then be proud to pay the taxes to support your claim. Did you vote for Mr. Corzine? You know you did. I cant wait until the Turnpike is leased out. Im hoping the new owners will fix the Merger at exit 8. I hope they will add more lanes down south. I hope they dont continue to close the cars only lane all the time. When they lease the Turnpike, I hope they fire out the lazy rude people that work for them.
    Believe me - I did NOT vote for Corzine. Based on his performance so far - I'm very glad I didn't. I wish more New Jerseyans would have voted against him. He didn't do anything for NJ while in the Senate and he hasn't done anything for NJ while governor. Of course NY will love him because he supports the second Hudson Rail tunnel while will just export New Jersey jobs to NY and subsidize their economy.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

New Jersey Proud!

New Jersey Tour Guide

Smile Corzine taxes

Hi ilovenj, It seems to me that the toll booths can be leased out but would the money be used in an appropriate manner? I am sure the workers have a good reason for being rude as they work in all kinds of weather and collect money all day. That's it as far I can see. But it is an important job as it needs to be done. By the way, did you watch that youtube clip about Corzine? You really should. Marianita

I notice Ilovenj does not list what part of the stae he or she lives in I am curious wheter he lives in Jersey or not. As for Corzine running for President i wish he would so we can get him the h*** out of our state.
    DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR

Default The Truth

OK, I will come clean. I'm being a wise ass. I'm speaking for the stupid voters who supports Democrats. We had Florio, McGreevy and the people say, we want more so we voted Corzine in. Corzine has killed the moral of N.J. Houses are for sale everywhere and people avoid his new taxes.Its so easy to cross the border to the next state to buy things and services. This may explain why he is still short on the budget. But the stupid people of N.J. keep voting Democrat and I was speaking for their stupidity. Corzine thinks he helps the unions, how buy raising all taxes and driving people to Wal-Mart. He thinks he helps the Unions, but he helps raise Wal-Mart stocks. I avoid Union stores, these uneducated people want to be a drone to vote Democrat, then get laid off when tax paying people have to avoid union stores to save money. This effects shipping and manufacturing. But Corzine's actions supports non union., well I'm leaving N.J. as well because its to disgusting to live here with all these stupid people. The people you all thought I was, what I wrote was stupid, but the people of N.J. live by what I wrote. They love Democrats. I hope the Democrat lovers love Foreclosures. Thanks to Corzine. Marianita, Are you as ignorant as I was writing? Why would you or your son want this life style? You love traffic? Taxes everywhere? If the Turnpike gets leased, at least that union can feel the effects of their decision of electing Corzine

OK, I will come clean. I'm being a wise ass. I'm speaking for the stupid voters who supports Democrats. We had Florio, McGreevy and the people say, we want more so we voted Corzine in. Corzine has killed the moral of N.J. Houses are for sale everywhere and people avoid his new taxes.Its so easy to cross the border to the next state to buy things and services. This may explain why he is still short on the budget. But the stupid people of N.J. keep voting Democrat and I was speaking for their stupidity.
    I figured this was what you had to be doing. I'm glad you came clean finally. I agree with you fully though. New Jerseyans seem to be blind. I'm not sure what it will take to get the electorate to wake up and demand change.
    Corzine thinks he helps the unions, how buy raising all taxes and driving people to Wal-Mart. He thinks he helps the Unions, but he helps raise Wal-Mart stocks. I avoid Union stores, these uneducated people want to be a drone to vote Democrat, then get laid off when tax paying people have to avoid union stores to save money. This effects shipping and manufacturing. But Corzine's actions supports non union., well I'm leaving N.J. as well because its to disgusting to live here with all these stupid people.
    Not all of us are drones though. How can we make New Jersey a better place and take the state back from the self serving politicians and unions if people like you leave? What I find ironic is that democrats ***** and moan about the high taxes and leave the state, such as my cousin's family, but yet they continue to vote for the same people that are taxing us to death. I will live in New Jersey, I love New Jersey, but I will continue to fight for change in our government.
    The people you all thought I was, what I wrote was stupid, but the people of N.J. live by what I wrote. They love Democrats. I hope the Democrat lovers love Foreclosures. Thanks to Corzine. Marianita, Are you as ignorant as I was writing? Why would you or your son want this life style? You love traffic? Taxes everywhere? If the Turnpike gets leased, at least that union can feel the effects of their decision of electing Corzine
    The Republicans have to start making a stand or at least someone has to start taking a stand. What is causing traffic in New Jersey? It's the sprawl. Instead of developing our cities and bringing people bakc to our cities, politicians would rather build another roadway through the Princeton Area, or eat away at the Pine Barrens with developments. If we want change we have to make our voices heard. The question is how when we have no broadcast media - which the majority of people get their news from - to keep Trenton in check. ILoveNJ - what are your suggestions - besides just packing up your bags and leaving?

[edit]
    BTW - if Sharpe James gets re-elected into the legislature with all the scandals which have been revealed after he left the mayors office in Newark - then there is serious serious problems in northeastern New Jersey and hence very serious problems for the future of New Jersey.

New Jersey Proud!

New Jersey Tour Guide

Smile Corzine taxes

Hi ilovenj, I am not ignorant at all. My son had a job offer that was lucrative to say the least only he had to relocate to New Jersey. It has turned out to be a positive move and he and his family are very happy there. Remember too that they are young enough to adjust to a drastic change from Southern Calif to New Jersey.
    As for me I absolutely love the place but in part that is due to the success of my son.
    The traffic is a bit much there and those circles are packed with cars. But we have our traffic jams here too. That is one reason I prefer living in this part of California as opposed LA county. Also I see New Jersey as having a better quality of life inspite of the tax situation. And there are places I love to go that I cannot even hope to find here. So there you have it.
    As for Corzine taxing everything and in general not keeping his promises he can be removed. It happened here with a govenor. He was removed from office a few years ago. I sort of think he will not be re-elected anyway. marianita

Default Corzine will be re elected

I get angry because only unions vote and they can have pension cuts and yet will vote Democrat because union members are drones. I cant fight Corzine, but I can protest. I fully boycott Union stores and I shop at Wal-Marts, Wegmens and BJ's. Unions have Corzine's Ass for breakfast every morning, but they will get no financial support from me. Unions picket at Wegmens, but when they need a plumber, do they go to the union hall? Nope, they look for a Mexican.

This was a Corzine truth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56dAozVcny4
    Last edited by ilovenj; 02-21-2007 at 02:01 AM.

Default Great Corzine Site

Default Corzine's Speech TOday

As usual, He is always 100% talk and 0% action.

Well the Corzine Budget address was given today. Of course many of the democrats are trumpeting how there are "no new taxes" in the budget. That's great - considering he raised taxes by 17% last year. I guess they hope New Jerseyans will forget that little fact. Contrary many politicians belief - not all New Jerseyans suffer from short term memory loss. Belief it or not - many of us can remember what was promised last year and what we ended up with.

If you wish to watch the budget address - you can see it online at NJN - http://www.njn.net/newspublicaffairs...message07.html

New Jersey Proud!

Here is the front page article from the Star Ledger covering the Corzine Budget.

I find this very ironic where Corzine said - ‘‘We have tough choices coming, and the public needs to trust that we are working for them — not ourselves, not our friends, not for anyone else.’’ I guess that doesn't include him protecting his union buddies. Just another example of him speaking out of two sides of his mouth.

Think outside budget box, Corzine asks
    Governor’s annual address champions asset sell-off and change in course
    BY ROBERT SCHWANEBERG AND JOE DONOHUE
    STAR-LEDGER STAFF

Proposing a $33 billion state budget with no new taxes, Gov. Jon Corzine yesterday issued dual challenges to lawmakers: End the ‘‘midnight spending sprees’’ of budgets past and restructure the state’s ‘‘crushing debt burden,’’ even if it requires selling assets such as the Turnpike or Lottery.

‘‘We must break with the patterns of the past,’’ Corzine told a joint session of the Legislature. In the short term, he demanded a more open process so the public can clearly see how the budget the Legislature adopts by the June 30 deadline compares to the one he proposed yesterday.

But the major thrust of Corzine’s speech was aimed at persuading a skeptical Legislature and public to consider the wisdom of cashing in state assets, such as toll roads or the Lottery, to pay off debt and free up revenues for new investments and programs.

Without such outside-the-box thinking, the former Wall Street wizard told lawmakers, the state has already doomed itself to a dismal future.

‘‘We can continue struggling every year, scraping by with duct tape and baling wire, and pulling together no-frill, investment-free budgets,’’ Corzine said. ‘‘Or we can change course.’’

Left unsaid, but plainly understood, was the legal and political cloud hanging over the budget-making process. U.S. Attorney Christopher Christie has subpoenaed legislative records relating to ‘‘Christmas tree’’ items — pet projects that lawmakers tuck into the budget.

A stalemate last year between Corzine and lawmakers over whether to increase the sales tax triggered an unprecedented week-long shutdown of state government. It was broken only after an all-night session in which lawmakers hung $378 million of baubles on the Christmas tree; $33 million of that was removed by Corzine.

This year, Corzine is demanding better. He said the budget should be available to the public a week before it goes to a final legislative vote, and the governor should have another three days to review it before signing it. He also called on the Treasury to prepare a before-and-after comparison of spending plans.

‘‘We need to build greater public confidence in the actions of government, especially when it comes to transparency and accountability of the purse strings,’’ Corzine said. ‘‘We have tough choices coming, and the public needs to trust that we are working for them — not ourselves, not our friends, not for anyone else.’’

Along with that dose of castor oil, Corzine presented a budget much more palatable to lawmakers in an election year than his first budget a year ago, with its draconian spending cuts and penny-on-the-dollar sales tax increase. Last year’s address was interrupted by applause just three times; Corzine’s 34-minute speech yesterday got 17 ovations.

Corzine called his new budget the first in six years ‘‘with no new taxes or tax increases.’’ With an expansion of the Earned Income Tax Credit program, it effectively cuts income taxes ‘‘for almost 300,000 working families,’’ the governor said.

He said it ‘‘provides the largest increase in direct property tax relief in New Jersey history’’ — a $2.2 billion program that will give most homeowners a credit of up to 20 percent against their property tax bills. Indirectly, he added, the budget holds down property taxes by providing ‘‘the first real increase in school and municipal aid in a number of years’’ — $580 million more for schools and an across-the-board 2 percent increase for towns.

‘‘First and foremost, this is a property tax relief budget,’’ Corzine said.

Republicans cautioned that a detailed budget proposal has yet to be released, and could change dramatically by the time it is finalized in June.

‘‘This budget battle is far from over,’’ said Assemblyman Richard Merkt (R-Morris). ‘‘We’re quite certain that when all is said and done, this budget will include a host of hidden tax and fee increases.’’

With all 40 Senate and 80 Assembly seats up for election this fall, Democrats who rule both houses were delighted to have Corzine’s budget as a platform on which to run.

‘‘The governor’s budget proposal is a win-win-win for taxpayers, municipalities and schools alike,’’ said Assemblyman John Burzichelli (D-Gloucester).

Assembly woman Linda Greenstein (D-Middlesex) said, ‘‘For our seniors, tenants, and working families, this budget provides record levels of relief without the need for higher taxes, new taxes, or fiscal gimmicks.’’

Corzine quickly moved on to a bleak vision of New Jersey’s future if it proceeds on its current course. It was a speech designed to box lawmakers in.

The governor repeated the state’s well-known challenges: Debt service eats up $2.7 billion of this budget. In five years it is projected to consume $3.4 billion. Unfunded pension obligations are nearly $25 billion and the future tab for health care ‘‘approaches an incredible $80 billion,’’ Corzine said.

He recited a litany of goals — universal pre-kindergarten, new schools, expanded colleges, mass transit, reclaimed brownfields, open space, compensation for Highlands farmers — always ending with the refrain: ‘‘Where are the resources?’’

‘‘We all have a vision for a brighter New Jersey,’’ he said, ‘‘but today we can’t afford the investments to make our vision a reality.’’

He dismissed ‘‘unattractive options’’ such as raising taxes — saying they would ‘‘erode New Jersey’s competitiveness and make our state less affordable’’ — or layoffs. To save $500 million, he said, ‘‘we would need to lay off 10,000 workers. You get the math.’’

Corzine said the one viable option — one his administration is already exploring — is ‘‘asset monetization,’’ meaning leasing or selling ‘‘the Turnpike, the Lottery, naming rights, air rights or whatever.’’

‘‘Monetization could free up as much as a billion dollars or more in every year’s state budget — long into the future,’’ Corzine said. ‘‘To take this option off the table is to accept some combination of hand-to-mouth budgets without capital or social investments.’’

His pitch drew mixed reactions from lawmakers.

‘‘I’m more than a lot skeptical of selling these assets,’’ said Sen. Joseph Kyrillos (R-Monmouth).

Senate President Richard Codey (D-Essex) enthusiastically endorsed Corzine’s ideas.

‘‘I wanted to do it when I was governor. I didn’t have enough time,’’ Codey said. ‘‘I’m for: Let’s get the dough.’’

Senate Minority Leader Leonard Lance (R-Hunterdon) said, ‘‘Under no circumstances should we sell any state asset except if every penny of such a sale were to go to pay down state debt.’’

Some in both parties re-mained dead set against a Turnpike sale.

‘‘We believe everything you can do to turn a profit by selling byists to disclose their efforts to influence the budget. Codey also has vowed that, at least in the Senate, lawmakers will have to disclose their role in adding spending items.

Assembly Speaker Joseph Roberts (D-Camden) said the goal should be to make lawmakers’ actions more visible, not curtail them.

‘‘Members of the Legislature have the right and frankly an oblithe Turnpike to a private entity you can do in-house,’’ said Assemblyman Lou Manzo (D-Hudson).

Assembly Minority Leader Alex DeCroce (R-Morris) said, ‘‘I don’t know anybody in their right mind that would want to give up the people’s asset.’’

Later yesterday, the Senate unanimously passed a bill (S2505) by Codey requiring lobgation to fight for projects that matter to their district and to fight for projects that they think matter to the state of New Jersey,’’ Roberts said. ‘‘If they have to do that out in the open, with their name on the dotted line taking full responsibility for what they propose, frankly they should be proud to do that.’’

New Jersey Proud!

Here is another example why in November New Jersey needs a COMPLETELY new legislature. Any senator or legislator who stands in the way of IMMEDIATELY eliminating dual office holdings should be forced out by the voters! We, as citizens of New Jersey, should be electing people who have the best interest of the state in mind - not people who just want to line their pockets and be lifetime politicians!

Corzine talks the reform talk as legislators walk . . . away
    BY DUNSTAN McNICHOL STAR-LEDGER STAFF

Talk of reform filled the air in Trenton yesterday, but votes for actual reform proved harder to find.

In the morning, Gov. Jon Corzine told lawmakers to end dual office-holding ‘‘now,’’ saying the practice ‘‘is an obstacle to achieving the common good we all desire.’’

By the afternoon, both the Senate and Assembly declined to vote on proposals to end dual officeholding, the practice that allows lawmakers and other elected officials to hold more than one elected post simultaneously.

Legislative leaders promised the ban will be passed — but not until after primary elections this June, when the measure will not affect the ambitions of the 20 state lawmakers who currently hold more than one elective office.

Corzine also used his budget address to push for an end to campaign finance abuses, such as soliciting campaign funds from government contractors — known as ‘‘pay-to-play’’ — and the practice of sending money from one local political organization to far-flung races, called ‘‘wheeling.’’

‘‘If we’re truly serious about restoring the public’s trust in government, about restoring their trust in us, it’s time to act on those reforms sooner rather than later,’’ Corzine said in his morning speech.

About three hours later, the state Senate adjourned without taking up a pending proposal to set up an experimental round of publicly funded ‘‘clean elections’’ this fall.

Without prompt action, state election officials told lawmakers at a hearing earlier this month, the experimental campaign financing system for a limited number of legislative races will not be able to be set up in time for this November’s campaigns. A similar experiment two years ago was widely viewed as ineffective and flawed.

‘‘I think as a caucus, we have to talk about it and determine where we want to go with it,’’ Senate President Richard Codey (D-Essex) said of the proposal (S2438), which already has passed the Assembly. ‘‘It’s still alive.’’

In the Senate, lawmakers did advance an unrelated set of reforms (S222) that would take aim at gifts that lawmakers take in from lobbyists and campaign contributions from public agencies. And top Democrats in both chambers promised the day for reform will soon be at hand.

‘‘The Assembly will be considering reform proposals that have been advanced as we go forward this year, ’’Assembly Majority Leader Bonnie Watson Coleman (D-Mercer) said as she introduced a motion to derail a Republican sponsored reform proposal yesterday. ‘‘I commit to all of you . . . This body will take action.’’

Those promises rang hollow among Republicans, who, as a minority in the Legislature, have pushed unsuccessfully for reform measures for years.

‘‘Didn’t Jim McGreevey promise us pay-to-play reform five years ago?’’ asked Sen. Tom Kean Jr. (RUnion). ‘‘We’re all still waiting. We can no longer afford to wait.’’

Assemblyman Kevin O’Toole (R-Essex), sponsor of an unsuccessful motion to consider a dualoffice-holding ban and other reforms yesterday, said he was troubled that Corzine, Codey and Assembly Speaker Joseph Roberts (D-Camden) all seem to be pursuing different versions of reform.

‘‘They all have their reform flags hoisted, but they’re not going in the same direction,’’ he said. ‘‘They need to find a port.’’
    Here is an article from the day before...

Lawmakers get cold feet on dual office-holding ban
    Differences between Senate, Assembly bills appear to put reform effort on back burner
    BY DUNSTAN McNICHOL STAR-LEDGER STAFF

Dunstan McNichol may be reached at dmcnichol@starledger.com or (609) 989-0341.

Competing political agendas among state senators and Assembly members are about to derail efforts to prohibit elected officials in New Jersey from holding more than one office at a time.

Despite Gov. Jon Corzine’s attempts to make a ban on dual office-holding part of the Legislature’s property tax reform package, lawmakers do not plan to take final action on it when they meet to wrap up their reform agenda today.

Instead, the measure remains hung up between the Senate and Assembly, a victim of political gridlock.

‘‘I think we’ll probably end up by June solving this political dilemma,’’ said Senate President Richard Codey (D-Essex). ‘‘Obviously there is a slight dispute.’’

Codey has posted one version of the proposed ban on dual officeholding (S-18) for a vote in his chamber. But that measure is unpalatable in the Assembly largely because it would also apply to Assembly members with designs on unseating senators in this November’s elections.

‘‘Our plans are to not accept the bill,’’ said Joseph Donnelly, spokesman for Assembly Speaker Joseph Roberts (D-Camden).

The Assembly passed a ban on dual office-holding last month, as part of a broader package of pension and benefits reform (S-17). But the Assembly version would not have taken effect until February 2008 and therefore would not affect this November’s legislative races. The Senate removed the dual office-holding provisions from the pension reform bill before adopting it Feb. 5 and sending it back to the Assembly for today’s final consideration.

The Senate’s dual office-holding bill would immediately ban it for all newly elected officials. In practical terms, the Senate version would throw a wrench into the ambitions of Assembly members like Brian Stack (D-Hudson), who is considering a challenge to Sen. Bernard F. Kenny Jr. (D-Hudson).

Under the new terms of S-18, if Stack successfully challenged Kenny, he would have to give up his post as mayor of Union City, a position that has brought him tens of thousands of dollars in campaign funds and a sturdy power base.

Also benefiting from the tighter Senate rules would be Essex County Sen. Ron Rice (D-Essex), the former deputy mayor of Newark. A dual office-holding ban effective this year would protect Rice from potential challenges from allies of Newark Mayor Cory Booker who hold seats on the Newark City Council.

By postponing action on the dual office-holding ban until June, after this year’s primary elections, the Legislature would avoid affecting the political calculations of any current office-holders. Currently, 19 lawmakers have a second elected office.

Corzine, through a spokesman, said it continues to be his ‘‘preference’’ to get a dual office-holding ban as part of the tax reform package.

Heather Taylor, spokeswoman for the Citizens Campaign, an organization formed to promote government reform and citizen leadership, said the lack of action on dual office-holding is not acceptable.

‘‘When the Legislature fails to even act on the common sense notion that no one should be able to hold more than one elected office at the same time, it sends the message they are not serious about changing the broader culture of corruption,’’ Taylor said.

Among Democrats, who control the legislative agenda with majorities in both houses, 10 of 49 Assembly members hold second jobs as mayors or council members, while four of 22 Senate Democrats hold second offices.

At today’s session, the Assembly is scheduled to take final action on two measures that would conclude the Legislature’s work on property tax reform: a bill to set up a new countywide school official with veto power over local school spending (A-4) and one to limit retirement benefits for future elected and appointed officials and professional contractors (S-17).
    The reason politicians like the dual office holding - beside the money of course - is that they establish their little fiefdoms. They create power bases which are very difficult to break into. In addition to the elimination of dual office holding - I would also recommend term limits for senators and legislators. We should not have for life politicians.

New Jersey Proud!