Thread: MEGAS XLR

Default MEGAS XLR

Has anyone seen this show. Its on Cartoon network and its about a Robot from the future that was buried in NEW JERSEY and found by 2 New Jersey teenagers in a New Jersey Junkyard. Its on Cartoon network.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0361201/
    DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Dave I haven't seen this show, I'll have to check it out. They don't have any New Jersey jokes do they? Futurama used to contain a number of New Jersey jokes.

BTW - I moved this to the NJ Legends/Stories/Movies formum since it deals with NJ and isn't a general movie/tv show.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Futurama has New Jersey jokes? I've been watching a lot of Futurama reruns lately, and there seem to be way more jokes about New York City. For example, the mutants who all live in the polluted Old New York, where Fry is from. Hee.

Is Megas XLR on Teletoon? It sounds like a rad show. I like futuristic shows with robots.

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
    Futurama has New Jersey jokes? I've been watching a lot of Futurama reruns lately, and there seem to be way more jokes about New York City. For example, the mutants who all live in the polluted Old New York, where Fry is from. Hee.
    Yes - Futurama has a few NJ jokes. Here is a question form someone on a messageboard about NJ's portrayal on the show...

Hey Americans - Futrama question
    Have got first 50 episodes of Futurama and I have a question.
    Can anyone tell me what's so bad about New Jersey and why Futurama's makers hate it so much?

For example:
    In 2000 there was too much of a junk... Junkyards went full... New Jersey went full...

or

- Oh! Its so nice apartments. Its next to ideal. But hey, whats the catch?
    - No catch. Except we're in New Jersey

help
    Here is someone's response...

Ask Remiks for his expert opinion. Wait, he's banned again. Nevermind. laff.

The general consensus is that New Jersey is the biggest ****hole in America. Most people think of it as 'The Armpit of the US.'

It's long been filled with old chemical waste plants and dump sites. It also takes in a lot of trash and sewage from surrounding states. (Like Pennsylvania where I live.)

Jersey also has little to no commerce of it's own, and is largely considered a huge suburb of New York and Philadelphia (depending on where you live at in Jersey).

But yeah, the underlying thing to take away from my rant is that New Jersey is a ****hole. Imagine a place the size of Norway that holds more toxic **** than Chernobyl, and has more degenerate life than the populus of people inhabiting Amsterdam's red-light district.
    Needless to say I will be registering on this site and posting a response to this. Frigging stereotypes. I wonder if this person has ever been actually been to NJ. Just because they're from PA doesn't mean it's the eastern section by NJ.

There is a Futurama site, Much Ado About Futurama, that gives a list of episodes where NJ is mentioned...

Season Two
    [2ACV02] Old D.O.O.P. headquarters was located there

Season One
    [1ACV03] Fry turns down an apartment because it's located there.
    [1ACV08] "The landfills were full. New Jersey was full."
    [1ACV09] Robot hell was located there.
    Although I do agree with you that they make fun of NY far more than NJ, which even makes that one persons comment about NJ even more idiotic.

BTW - as an example of how old stereotypes die, we don't take in garbage form Pennyslvania or NY any longer and haven't for many decades. Most of our large dumps that were located in the Meadowlands area are closed and being restored. These are comments and perceptions that NJ is up against when trying to change it's image. As for little or no commerce of our own, that's hilarious since we have a huge number of Fortune 500 companies lcated here, including being the Pharaceutical capital of the world. Most modern conveniences people take for granted today were invented in New JERSEY.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

New Jerseyan

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
    Needless to say I will be registering on this site and posting a response to this. Frigging stereotypes. I wonder if this person has ever been actually been to NJ
    I've gotten into some pretty heated discussions online defending NJ. In particular, I remember one woman from the midwest who on a messageboard insisted that Jersey was the armpit of the U.S with nothing but garbage dumps and chemical factories...she couldn't say enough bad things about the state. She called me a liar when I told her that there are many beautiful, rural parts of the state and that I could see my neighbor's cows and a siloh from my bedroom window. Finally, I asked her if she'd ever been here, and of course her answer was "no". Typical.

Debbie
    SunDog
    http://www.sundogcountry.com
    If you're a Jersey musician, please check out my Yahoo! Group, NJ Musician's Network...where you can meet and network with other NJ musicians. Sign up is easy (and free) http://groups.yahoo.com/group/njmusiciansnet/

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieSans
    Finally, I asked her if she'd ever been here, and of course her answer was "no". Typical.

Debbie
    SunDog
    http://www.sundogcountry.com
    One can be the expert on many topics without any accurate knowledge. (Why let the facts ruin your view of reality. )
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

NJ & You, Perfect Together