Thread: No more ragging about parking lot celebrations

Default No more ragging about parking lot celebrations

I have taken a lot of crap about the Devils having their Stanley Cup celebration in the parking lot. I remember all the articles written complaining about it or putting them down for it.

Guess what the Ducks just did? They had their celebration in a parking lot! No parade! (Thank you Ducks!)

So I hope I don't have to get any more grief about the Devil's celebrations.

With the first cup celebration I had no complaints. They had a parade through the parking lot so everyone could get up close.

At the second one, I was first against the rail on the side of the stage so it wasn't too bad. I had a pretty good look at everyone going to and leaving the stage and could see everything going on behind it.

At the third it got disappointing. The media stage and trailers took up a lot of space up close preventing more fans from getting up close.

A parking lot celebration can be done well. I have a photo of Claude Lemieux smiling at me to prove it.
    Wendy
    Back home in New Jersey after some years across the river in Pennsy

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

I don't understand why people ragged on the parking lot celebrations. I mean the teams are celebrating WITH the fans. A ticker tape parade is all about the team and very impersonal. But who are we kidding, the New York teams and most professional sports teams - really only care about the money. If you want to see players that actually care about the fans, - go to minor league. I think the Devils do care about the fans though. If they win the Stanley Cup in Newark, I would like to see a huge street festival, with the teams coming out on a stage. I don't want a parade.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!