Thread: Taxing Fun

New Jerseyan

Default Taxing Fun

I saw in a local paper that there is a bill in NJ now - I don't know if it passed - to tax tickets and rides in amusement parks in order to fund admissions for the "disadvantaged". Can't wait to see how they're going to construct a whole bureaucracy around this one!

Default insanity

thats crazy! now i am forced to pay for poor ppl to go to amusement parks??
    i think giving to others is a good thing but its something one must do voluntarily

Quote Originally Posted by NJBarb
    I saw in a local paper that there is a bill in NJ now - I don't know if it passed - to tax tickets and rides in amusement parks in order to fund admissions for the "disadvantaged". Can't wait to see how they're going to construct a whole bureaucracy around this one!

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cassie
    thats crazy! now i am forced to pay for poor ppl to go to amusement parks??
    i think giving to others is a good thing but its something one must do voluntarily
    I didn't know that going to amusement parks was a necessity of life. Nor did I know it was a guaranteed right. As far as I know the Constitution doesn't say anything about the guarantee of going to amusement parks. It does say that people have the right to the PURSUIT of happiness, but it does not say anything about guaranteed happiness.

BTW - I agree with you, I've given to organizations that support outings for inner city poor children. But to be taxed so they can go to a frigging amusement park - all I can say is ONLY in New Jersey (or crazy California).
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Default CA

in california they wouldnt tax u theyd just have 100 a plate charity benifts for the rich and famous! LOL
    but hey if we are taxedd that takes away our chance to have the good karma of choosing to give!

i wonder if anyones got a petition to sign somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
    I didn't know that going to amusement parks was a necessity of life. Nor did I know it was a guaranteed right. As far as I know the Constitution doesn't say anything about the guarantee of going to amusement parks. It does say that people have the right to the PURSUIT of happiness, but it does not say anything about guaranteed happiness.

BTW - I agree with you, I've given to organizations that support outings for inner city poor children. But to be taxed so they can go to a frigging amusement park - all I can say is ONLY in New Jersey (or crazy California).