Thread: Body Wars Exhibit

Tourist

Default Body Wars Exhibit

Come join us at the Newark Museum on November 25th from 11:00AM til 4:40PM. Bring the kids to view The Body Wars exhibit. You will learn all about microbes and infectious disease. How to protect yourself and others.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by SusieQ
    Come join us at the Newark Museum on November 25th from 11:00AM til 4:40PM. Bring the kids to view The Body Wars exhibit. You will learn all about microbes and infectious disease. How to protect yourself and others.
    Nice Museum. Visited it last saturday. (25MAR2006)

Easy to see most of it in an afternoon (or an hour if you really rush. )

The Ballaintine (sp?) house was interesting to see. (old house with plenty of original furniture, etc.)
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

NJ & You, Perfect Together

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Mithrandir - was that your first visit to the Newark Museum? It's a very nice museum. If it wasn't overshadowed by the NY museums, it would actually get the recognition it deserves. Anyone who hasn't been to the Newark Museum should definitely go. It has the largest Tibetan art collection in the world. When you first see it from the outside, it looks small, because you don't realize that all the buildings there are actually connected and all part of the museum.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

New Jerseyan

Default Newark

My wife and I went to Newark for the St. Pats. Day Parade this year , walked around alittle , the city is getting better . The Arts Center has helped alot and the center has more plans to help the city. The baseball stadium is also a plus and the arena will help alot also . The Cherry Blossom Fest . which by the way is bigger then D.C.s starts soon also . With all these things and more planned to help the city I would think with more people going there the museum will get more recognition .
    NEW JERSEY HISTORY SECOND TO NONE !

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Yeah - I've walked around Newark many times. I've even walked there at night along Broad St. I don't think the reputation it still has is deserved anymore. There was a letter in the Star Ledger today complaining about the arena and saying the only thing Newark has to offer is basically car jackings, drive by shootings and NJPAC. He said the only people who had fond memories of newark were people who lived there in the 50's. I wish I could ask him when was the last time he went to Newark, because if that's what he thinks of newark, then obviously he hasn't been there in a long time or is just repeating the stereotypes.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
    Mithrandir - was that your first visit to the Newark Museum? It's a very nice museum. If it wasn't overshadowed by the NY museums, it would actually get the recognition it deserves. Anyone who hasn't been to the Newark Museum should definitely go. It has the largest Tibetan art collection in the world. When you first see it from the outside, it looks small, because you don't realize that all the buildings there are actually connected and all part of the museum.
    Actually it was my second visit, but I did not see the Ballaintine (sp?) house the last time.

I agree that the museum does appear small from the outside, but it is bigger that it appears. It is not as large as the Franklin Institute, but it is definately worth a visit.
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

NJ & You, Perfect Together