Thread: Restrictions on Posting Events on the Forum - Please Read

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Exclamation Restrictions on Posting Events on the Forum - Please Read

Please be aware that we will have to go back to enforcing our "only ACTIVE members can post events" policy. We've had a lot of people come on who don't contribute any discussion to the board, but just wish to get their announcement on their event out there.

The only other way we will allow for "non-active members" to post their events here is for them to show that they have an active link to AboutNewJersey.com from their website.

Also, we will most likely be cleaning up the threads in this forum. If you are a band - and an ACTIVE member, such as Debbie Sans who has contributed in a number of discussions, please set up a "band thread" and restrict announcing your latest shows within that thread.

Thank you for your understanding. I am keeping this thread open for discussion.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Default events

Hi,
    I will be more than happy to link your site from mine. Today its down for maintenace as I am getting a new web person once he is done i will have him put u there.
    after than may i post my events?

and i do read the forums, and i replied to one and will do more as i have something to say

is that acceptable? i have an event for saturday i would like to post

take care and great site u have here!

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Cassie -

I know you have posted in other forums. It was really directed at people who register solely to post their event and never come back on again. The other thing I have thought about doing is creating an "events" subforum, so then the main forum doesn't get filled with outdated information.

So yes, you may still continue to post your events, including your event for Saturday.

- JD

PS - thanks for the complement on the site.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

I'm not too adept at updating our website - it takes me hours and hours - but when I do, I'll gladly include a link to aboutnewjersey.com!
    Lois and Greg's House Concert Schedule:

Suggested donation - 1 (or more if you wish) new unwrapped toy

Sunday, March 21, 2010 - Amanda Shires

http://www.myspace.com/njhouseconcerts1
    http://loisandgreg.com/