Thread: Developing the forum into a "Knowledge Base"

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Default Developing the forum into a "Knowledge Base"

I had come up with this because I routinely recieve questions through e-mail. I'm going to start posting the questions I receive in e-mail so that way, if other people have an answer, the question is there and people on the board can help out or give their two cents. Also. it may help people who are looking for similar answer. I would like to develop the forum into a knowledgee base, in addition to of course just discussing everyday New Jersey issues.

Let me know if you have any ideas regarding this or what you think.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

New Jersey Tour Guide Jersey Warren's Avatar

Smile It's Great to Be Here!

I've already noticed we have two things in common, Jersey Devil:

1.) You call yourself the New Jersey Ambassador. When I worked in Wisconsin, I made a certificate on my computer and framed it and hung it on my office wall. I had the state seal of New Jersey on top and the words: "Embassy of New Jersey."

I said I wasn't a resident of Wisconsin, but New Jersey's ambassador to Wisconsin!

On the certificate, I had a graphic of Taylor Pork Roll and a list of objectives for maintaining the "embassy," including correcting misconceptions people had about the Garden State.

2.) Your slogan, There are two kinds of people. Those from New Jersey and those who wish they were..

Before I went to Italy in 2001, I memorized the following statement:

Ci sono due generi di genti nel mondo: gli Italiani y coloro che li desidera erano Italiani!

Translated, it means:

There are two kinds of people in the world: Italians and those who wish they were Italian

So I could modify it a bit to:

Ci sono due generi di genti nel mondo: New Jerseyanos y coloro che li desidera erano New Jerseyanos!

Which would mean pretty much what you are using as a slogan.

Great site and great work on your part!

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Warren
    I've already noticed we have two things in common, Jersey Devil:

1.) You call yourself the New Jersey Ambassador. When I worked in Wisconsin, I made a certificate on my computer and framed it and hung it on my office wall. I had the state seal of New Jersey on top and the words: "Embassy of New Jersey."

I said I wasn't a resident of Wisconsin, but New Jersey's ambassador to Wisconsin!

On the certificate, I had a graphic of Taylor Pork Roll and a list of objectives for maintaining the "embassy," including correcting misconceptions people had about the Garden State.
    That is hilarious. This gives me an interesting idea. I should have a certificate like that that people could downlaod and print and set up ther own "embassies"

2.) Your slogan, There are two kinds of people. Those from New Jersey and those who wish they were..

Before I went to Italy in 2001, I memorized the following statement:

Ci sono due generi di genti nel mondo: gli Italiani y coloro che li desidera erano Italiani!

Translated, it means:

There are two kinds of people in the world: Italians and those who wish they were Italian

So I could modify it a bit to:

Ci sono due generi di genti nel mondo: New Jerseyanos y coloro che li desidera erano New Jerseyanos!

Which would mean pretty much what you are using as a slogan.
    I came up with the "slogan" because my feeling is that the only reason why NJ is put down so much, especially from NY - is because they wish they were New Jerseyans. For centuries New York has tried to lay claim to NJ and they still try to lay claim to many parts of NJ, while they constantly ridicule the state publicly. There can not be any better explanation than that I think.
    Great site and great work on your part!
    Thanks. I hope you stick around and continue to participate. It's taken a while for the forum to come alive, but it finally is starting to.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!