Thread: Hi, I'm going to work in Beach Haven this summer

Tourist

Default Hi, I'm going to work in Beach Haven this summer

Hi, my name's Marge and I'm 19 years old. I'm going to be working this summer at ACME in Beach Haven. I was wondering if anyone could explain me how to get there from Newark, and more about this wonderful place (I've researched quite a bit).
    BTW- where can I buy the last Harry Potter book?, I'm a huge fan of the series and the last book will be released in July.

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyshew
    Hi, my name's Marge and I'm 19 years old. I'm going to be working this summer at ACME in Beach Haven. I was wondering if anyone could explain me how to get there from Newark, and more about this wonderful place (I've researched quite a bit).
    Wow - Beach Haven seems to be popular. Last year some posted about working in Beach Haven also - but she was from Poland I believe. As for how to get their from Newark - I will have to see. I assume you mean by public transportation.
    BTW- where can I buy the last Harry Potter book?, I'm a huge fan of the series and the last book will be released in July.
    I think on Rt 72 on the mainland there is a Barnes & Noble. Don't worry though - you'll be able to get Harry Potter from somewhere in the area.

So when will you be coming out to start work?
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Tourist

I'm going be arriving on May 22nd I believe, I'm so nervous. I'll be leaving on August 12th. I don't know much about the company, the insurance, where I'm going to be living and the list goes on.

Are there any malls near by?.

Yes, public transportation, since I guess that a cab would cost an arm and a leg. Thanks for your answer

I'm going be arriving on May 22nd I believe, I'm so nervous. I'll be leaving on August 12th. I don't know much about the company, the insurance, where I'm going to be living and the list goes on.
    Do you know where you will be staying though? ACM is a grocery store, and I have passed it - but as for that, it's all I know. I go to Beach Haven quite a bit during the summer, mostly to Surflight Theatre. I would highly recommend checking out some of their performances when you are here if you can.
    Are there any malls near by?.
    There are no malls on the island. I'm trying to think what is on 72 on the mainland. I think there is a mall there by the Parkway area. I wonder if they have shuttles out there. I can check an see what is available. Long Beach Island - which Beach Haven is on - is 18 miles long. There are a ton restaurants and nightclubs/bars, although the beaches on Long Beach Island are more relaxed and tame than say Seaside Heights or Wildwood.
    Yes, public transportation, since I guess that a cab would cost an arm and a leg. Thanks for your answer
    I'll also have to check on the public transportation.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

New Jersey Proud!

Acme is on I believe 97 or 98 street because their is a dock on 99th street that I use to go Crabbing and fishing at. There are many Bookstores in Bay Village iN Beach Haven that you can get the book. As for getting to LBI. You can take the 67 bus out of Penn Station Newark to Toms River or Lakewood and get on the Atlantic City Bus 559 to Manahawkin. From there you need to take a Taxi because ther is no Public Transportation to LBI
    DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR

Tourist

Hi

Thanks for your answers, I really needed to know all this. Is it very hot during the summer?, where's the closest mall?, how's the night life?. Thanks

Night Life is great there is even a bus that runs up and down the Island to take you to all the bars. Joe Pops The Ketch are just some of the hot spots. The closest mall is Ocean county mall which is about 25 miles off the island but there is alot of shopping on the Island at Bay Village which is less than a mile from where the Acme is. My parents live about 5 miles off LBI and I lived there in my younger days so I can answer most questions for you
    DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR

Tourist

Hi

I was wondering if anyone could answer me if it's easy to find a second job during the summer. I can only work 7 hours a day at ACME and I'd like to get a second job. Thanks.

Lightbulb

Hi

I was wondering if anyone could answer me if it's easy to find a second job during the summer. I can only work 7 hours a day at ACME and I'd like to get a second job. Thanks.
    Finding a 2nd job should not be difficult, unless you are looking for a specific type of job.

You can usually find someplace on the shore that needs help. They sometimes even post in the local business bureau. (at least they did when I worked on the Jersey Shore years ago)
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

NJ & You, Perfect Together

Fantasy Island which is the Amusement Park in Bay Village in Beach Haven is always looking for help as well as all the restaurants
    DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR

Tourist

Thanks for you help. I'm already here but I've been having some problems trying to find a second job.

On my way to the 2007 Surflight Gala I passed by ACME and I made note of where it's actually located. I didn't remember that it was so far from the downtown area where so much of the action is. Do you have a bike? Without a car or bike, it would be really difficult to get around from where ACME is.

How do you like the area overall? Have you met anyway?

New Jersey Proud!

Tourist

I bought a bike for $30 dollars but I haven't bought a lock or anything like that and the man that sold it to us told me that there's so crazy man that throws them to the sea. Acme already gave a schedule and I'm going to work during the afternoons. Have you got any idea of what kinds of job should I look for in the mornings? thanks.

A morning job would probably be at some of the resteraunts since most of the action is at night down there. I believe there is a Place called OTT,S down there that is known for its great breakfast that might be a place to look
    DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR