Thread: Online Travel Show - Exploring New Jersey with Laura Crockett

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Default Online Travel Show - Exploring New Jersey with Laura Crockett

Well it's up and finally announced - "AboutNewJersey.com's Exploring New Jersey with Laura Crockett" online travel show. This is somethign I am very excited about and hope you all enjoy it. This has been a plan of mine since 1997 - of ultimately bringing NJ travel show to the web. Let's face it - NJ isn't covered to much on the standard travel shows, and many people have no idea what NJ is like. This is a way for me to showcase NJ through video and sound, providing interviews, behind the scenes look and so much more.

So I was just wondering what people's thoughts are. What would you like to see? What do you think of the idea? I know we have to work on the sound a bit. We had tested out the mic, but not in the conditions of noisy Fright Fest. We have a different mic that we may be a bit better for noisy conditions like that.

BTW - You can see why I'm not the one in front of the camera - as much as I would like to be. I just don't feel comfortable there. Maybe eventually, with work, I'll get used to it and be a bit more natural.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Recent Resident Eric Stephenson's Avatar

JerseyDevil,

As usual you are on the forefront of activities trying to promote this great state we live in!

I just wish I could see the video...for some reason I can't seem to view it. There are nothing but blank spaces where the video should be.

Since I can't see the video, you might have already covered this but if not...you might want to look into the roots of the "Mercer County Italian Festival". The festival has it's roots in the Chambersburg "Feast of Lights" which used to be the most fun carnival/festival/pig out event in all of New Jersey and Eastern PA.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Stephenson
    JerseyDevil,

As usual you are on the forefront of activities trying to promote this great state we live in!

I just wish I could see the video...for some reason I can't seem to view it. There are nothing but blank spaces where the video should be.

Since I can't see the video, you might have already covered this but if not...you might want to look into the roots of the "Mercer County Italian Festival". The festival has it's roots in the Chambersburg "Feast of Lights" which used to be the most fun carnival/festival/pig out event in all of New Jersey and Eastern PA.
    I didn't know that it got it's start in Chambersburg - although that would make sense.

Let me know what browser version, operating system and what Real Player version you are using. There seems to be some problems with IE - but it works fine on our IE version. I'm trying to figure out what the conflict is - if we can. I hope not too many people are having this problem.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

New Jersey Proud!

Recent Resident Eric Stephenson's Avatar

My Bad.

I didn't see the line that stated I would have to have Real Player 10 to view the videos.

I will go and download it and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Stephenson
    My Bad.

I didn't see the line that stated I would have to have Real Player 10 to view the videos.

I will go and download it and try again.
    The reason for using Real Player is because it allows for the best compression while still keeping the quality good.

As for the IE problems - I'm hoping more people will go to Firefox, and abandon IE. Microsoft has a history of preventing their competitors from working with their software (in this case their browser) - forcing people into only using Microsucks products, causing their competitors to go under and then ultimately cornering the market where they don't have to do any more improvements. (But this is a whole nother thread. )

New Jersey Proud!

I think I may have it fixed now for IE users, but I'm not sure. I need to have more people test it out who use SOLELY IE and do not have Firefox or Netscape loaded on their machine.

If anyone is having a problem, please post it here. Pleae be aware though - you must have high speed internet connection to view the videos.

EDIT: I had my cousin test this out and now it seems to work. He was one of the people who weren't able to view it before.

New Jersey Proud!

So Eric - were you able to view the video now?

Our next episode will be "Museums of New Jersey" which will highlight about five or six musuems in the state. So far we are lined up for Zimmerli & Noyes Museums. We want to include Newark Museum, Morris Museum, possibly Morven or Princeton University's Art Museum. I would also like to include - "African Art Museum of the S.M.A. Fathers" in Tenafly.

This is just going to be art/natural history museums right now. In a future episide we plan on having a "Fun for Kids" which will include some Children's Museums and Aquariums. Then once spring hits, we'll get with the outdoor amusement parks and so forth. We'll also be including some town tours.

If anyone has any ideas, let us know.

New Jersey Proud!

Okay, I just got Flash Pro 8.0, so all the videos are now in that format. 98% have Flash, now people just will have to upgrade to the latest version to view the videos. It's much more stable than using Real Player or Micrsoft or even Quicktime. There is a button which allows people to check to see if they need to upgrade their version or not. If anyone has any problems, please let me know.

We have gotten a lot of positive feedback and we should be having the museum video up in January.

New Jersey Proud!