Thread: FISHING

Tourist

Smile FISHING

Can anyone please tell me if there has been any action on the hook for the Stipers. Please let me know how the fishing is, my husband and I would like to come visit this coming weekend for the activity.

Thanks
    Hope to hear from someone soon
    Donna

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Donna
    Can anyone please tell me if there has been any action on the hook for the Stipers. Please let me know how the fishing is, my husband and I would like to come visit this coming weekend for the activity.

Thanks
    Hope to hear from someone soon
    Donna
    Donna, welcome to the board. I personally don't know how the fishing is at Sandy Hook at this moment, but I'll try to see if I can find out.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Tourist

Wink REPLY TO JERSEY DEVIL

Jersey Devil,
    Thanks for getting back to me, any information would be great, we hear the striper fishing on the hook is great. I've been doing alot of searching on the web and Sandy Hook really looks like a nice place to visit.

Donna

Jersey Devil,
    Thanks for getting back to me, any information would be great, we hear the striper fishing on the hook is great. I've been doing alot of searching on the web and Sandy Hook really looks like a nice place to visit.

Donna
    Oh. you've never been there at all then? It is a great place, I haven't been there during the summer (whne it's rather hectic), but it is very nice and quiet during off season. It's one of those "get away from it all" type of spots.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

New Jersey Proud!

Tourist

we have never been down there yet, but we hear alot of good things about it. Is there alot to do down there? Well I hope so, I think we're going to check it out this weekend. Thanks for all your replys. It's good to talk to someone from around that area.

Donna

we have never been down there yet, but we hear alot of good things about it. Is there alot to do down there? Well I hope so, I think we're going to check it out this weekend. Thanks for all your replys. It's good to talk to someone from around that area.

Donna
    Sany Hook itself is pretty much protected from development, so it has a lot of sand dunes, holly forests and various nature things to explore. It is also home to the Sandy Hook lighthouse which is the oldest operating lighthouse in North America. During the Revolutionary War it was Washington's plan to destroy it to make it impossible - or nearly so - for the British ships to enter New York Harbor. Needless to say he failed there. The lighthouse was also the scene of where the British sailed when they were forced out of NJ after the Battle of Monmouth.

Also by the lighthouse is the old Army Proving grounds. There are plans to bring this back to life, but currently there is a museum and various gunnaries that can be explored. This area was used to protect NY Harbor. There is a lot of history here.

Before getting to Sandy Hook in the Highlands there is Twin Lights Lighthouse, or also called Navesink. It gives an awesome view of the Sandy Hook and the surrounding area, as well as having a really nice museum.

I'm not sure about the nightlife of the area during off season. Most things are very seasonal there, even with whole restaurants closing down. If you wish to do something at night or go shopping, then Red Bank isn't too far away. It's actually just a little west of Sandy Hook (but still east of the Parkway). If you want to go see a play then check with Count Basie in Red Bank. On the 16th they're having - My Motherís Italian, My Fatherís Jewish & Iím in TherapyĒ starring Steve Solomon

I know you can eaily make a whole weekend out of Sandy Hook and the surrounding area, even in the off season. There are even a number of other beach communities just south which have various other attractions.

New Jersey Proud!

Donna -

I got ahold of Julian's Bate & Tackle, they said that two days ago, fishing seemed to be pretty good right off the beach and the bay. One person came in with a catch of 16. He said right now because of the weather, not many people are going out, so it's hard to make a definitive statement on the quality of fishing for today or yesterday. He said he expected it to be good this weekend though with the rain finally moving out. Hope this helps.

I wanted to thank Julian's Bate & Tackle for providing me with the information.

New Jersey Proud!

Tourist

Smile Fishing

Jersey Devil,
    Thanks for the information, I think once the weather clears up it will be better, thank the guys at the tackle shop for me.

Donna from PA

Jersey Devil,
    Thanks for the information, I think once the weather clears up it will be better, thank the guys at the tackle shop for me.

Donna from PA
    I was wondering if you ended up going? or did you decide to go to Sandy Hook another time? If you did go, I guess by your comment "I think once the weather clears up it will be better" that the fishing wasn't the greatest this weekend.

New Jersey Proud!

Tourist

Smile Fishing

Jersy Devil,

No we did not go down to Sandy Hook yet, we have been working on our house so we've been pretty busy, and plus the weather has'nt been real nice either. Thanks for keeping in touch with me though, I reall appriciate it.

Thanks again,
    Donna from PA

New Jerseyan

Default The hook

If you ask me, the place is aptly named. I am not a regular at the sandy hook and I most certainly do not fish, not that it is below me or any dumb thing like that. Just that I really do not know how to and most certainly do not have the patience to really stand still in one place, waiting for something to take a bite at the line. On top of this, I certainly would not want to go hunting for worms. But I have visited the hook in the recent past and have heard of people saying that it is great for fishing just about now. So if you are still into fishing, then you should head over to the hook sometime soon,

New Jerseyan

Smile an addition!

Oh yeah! here is another reason that you may want to head over here for some fishing - mind you that I am no expert in this. But recetly I saw this bunch of fishermen holding up the fishes and well, they were really huge. So yeah, I guess this spot really does deliver the 'sound bytes'.