Thread: unlawful noise in Barnegat

Tourist

Default unlawful noise in Barnegat

Anyone aware of the details of a violation of unlawful noise ordinance in Seaside Park (48-3b - think this is a local ordinance)? How does an officer determine a violation? Has anyone been given a summons by an officer for such a violation? I haven't found anything about it online. Should drivers avoid this town all together if they have their car radios playing at modest levels? Is their a campaign going on here against playing a car stereo? Please note your experiences thank you.

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dg7
    Anyone aware of the details of a violation of unlawful noise ordinance in Seaside Park (48-3b - think this is a local ordinance)? How does an officer determine a violation? Has anyone been given a summons by an officer for such a violation? I haven't found anything about it online. Should drivers avoid this town all together if they have their car radios playing at modest levels? Is their a campaign going on here against playing a car stereo? Please note your experiences thank you.
    dg7 - I was wondering if you had any bad experiecnces or what you've heard. I'm not familiar with the noise ordinances down in Barnegat. But then again - I'm not even up on the noise ordinances in Plainsboro. All I know is DO NOT drive through Plainsboro at night - see my threat about Plainsboro cops for more info.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Hey - sorry - even though I had read your post, I was thinking you were talking about Barnegat NJ, not Seaside Park. I'm still not familiar with seaside Park, but I know that Seaside Heights has quite a lot of news, but that doesn't really mean much.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Quote Originally Posted by dg7
    You may want to call the police dept. and ask about the regulations/ordinance on noise.

Seaside Park Police Department
    6th and Central Avenues
    Seaside Park, New Jersey 08752
    Non-emergency: 732 793 8000
    Emergency call: 911
    http://www.seasideparknj.org/

I am sure that there is some type or ordinance on the books.

Below is a link to point pleasent.
    http://www.codedsystems.com/pdf/!ptpleas.pdf

This may help give you an idea of what may be considered noise violation by law enforcement.
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

NJ & You, Perfect Together

New Jerseyan

Smile That's great - but what's the true limit?

Hey, I am not that great a fan of loud music though I have attended my share of concerts and continue to do so. But every now and then, you end up with a neighbor who does not seem to know the meaning of the word - restraint. Anyway, how do you make out that the noise is really loud enough for you to make a complaint to the police? Is there any particular decibel limit? This is very confusing, for if there is indeed a decibel limit that the noise has to cross before we can file a complaint, does that mean that we have to purchase decibel meters to gauge if the neighbor is making 'too much noise or not'?