Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should the Messageboad be Reorganized?

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

For those who may be wondering - I did a bit of reorganizing today. I moved the "Legends/Stories/Movies" forum to the "Arts & Entertainment" forum. Arts & Entertainment was therefore renamed - "Arts, Entertainment & Cultural". In addition - I added a new forum called "New Jersey Business & Enterprise" which is located in the "General Interest" section.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

JD this site will always be a work in progress for you but as I can clearly see it is a labor of love for you .
    P.S. You do a great job of also!

New Jersey Tour Guide

Hi Dukes, JD does indeed do a great job on the board. It has to be a huge job too. I had the pleasure of meeting JD in Newark with my son and daughter-in-law and grandchildren. He is ever so nice.I also met Dave Gering of the Jersey store.
    This board has been a favorite of mine for a couple of years. I have really lost track of the time but I love it. It is a blast. There are alot of nice people here. Marianita

New Jersey Tour Guide Jersey Warren's Avatar

Yes, JD has done a wonderful job. I have had had no problem with the organization of the board and I am sure that each improvement will only make it more fun to visit here!

New Jersey Tour Guide

Smile should the messageboard be reorganized?

Hi Jersey Warren, There is absolutely nothing more in the way of organization the board needs as it is excellent already. I agree with you that the board is fine just as is. JD has organization skills and you can tell alot of thought goes into any changes he does make. It cannot be easy. I could'nt do it. lol.
    Marianita

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

I wanted to thank everyone for their comments. To tell you the truth, it sometimes can get very difficult to find the motivation to work on the website, especially in the beginning when it was just starting out. It can sometimes be like working in a vacuum, because I never get to see my "customers". The only way I know what people think is when they post. If I owned a store, I would have day to day interaction with my customers. I would know what is working and what isn't a lot better. When I don't see people postings, I become afraid that people got bored and left.

The main AboutNewJersey.com site gets about 1,000 visitors per day, but unless someone e-mails me from there, they are just a number in the stats. I have no idea really what they thought of the site. Through the messageboard however, I can get to know you guys and have more connection. Let me tell you, it was VERY difficult when I was first starting out with the messageboard. I pretty much had to settle for just talking to myself. I had gotten some friends I made from another messageboard to come here and post, but none of them had even been to New Jersey! But hey, you have to do what you have to do when starting out!

I do wish the board had more active members, but it's quality - not quantity that matters. Other than the spambots I have had no need to really moderate the board. I haven't had to tell anyone - "NO personal attacks!".

As Marianita said, I met her and her family at Newark Liberty International Airport (they drove all the way up from Marlton to see Dave and I and go to the Jersey Store) and we got to have lunch with Dave and his wife. I enjoy meeting people from the board.

BTW - let me tell you - political season is GREAT for the board. Everyone seems to want to talk about politics. Initially I had it where politics were off limit, even New Jersey politics. I just wanted people to discuss the great vacation spots this state has to offer. But as I soon discovered, that was impossible to do. Politics is too central to New Jersey.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

New Jersey Tour Guide

Smile should the messageboard be reorganized?

Hi JD, My goodness, there is a lot more to the job then I realized. I never thought of how difficult it must have been getting started. But you have a natural talent for these things.
    I feel that at times when people post less it is not from boredom but because they get busy. There have been times that I have not even used the internet as I dealt with issues in my life. I like getting messages in my email that someone has replied to something I posted. It makes me feel a real part of the board.
    The NJ baby you held for so long at the Newark airport is now 9 months old and he is big. He crawls around now and he is fast. lol. I miss my family and I miss New Jersey. It actually makes my heart ache wishing I were there. But I am delighted with my son's success and that he and my daughter-in-law have made such a nice life for themselves there.
    As for the board all I can say is to keep up the great work. Marianita