View Poll Results: Who should be governor?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Doug Forrester

3 75.00%
  • Jon Corzine

0 0%
  • Other

1 25.00%
  • Not Sure

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doug Forrester or Jon Corzine

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Default Doug Forrester or Jon Corzine

So who is it - Forrester or Corzine? Who do you think would do the best job for NJ? Personally I'm rather sick of the same old campaign promises - "lower property taxes", "stop corruption", etc, etc. These have been the campaign promises for years and years. Look at McGreevey's campaign and his was one of the most corrupt of ALL the governors in recent memory.

I personally don't see what the democrats really do for NJ. Many of them have been the worst - anyone remember Florio? So what has Corzine done for NJ while being in Congress? What will Forrester really do - or will it be the same old same old.

I want someone who will support NJ and fight for OUR interests. I want someone who won't sell the state out to NY interests (I just found out that the gift shops in Liberty State Park , OUR STATE PARK, charge NY taxes and the money goes to NY )

I think that one thing that would reduce property taxes would be promoting and bringing in tourists. Tourists pay a lot of taxes and support a lot of local businesses (restaurants, gas stations, grocery stores, hotels, etc) but they don't require a huge investent of infustructure like police, firefighters, schools or hospitals. I feel this would help to bring down property taxes.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
    So who is it - Forrester or Corzine? Who do you think would do the best job for NJ? Personally I'm rather sick of the same old campaign promises - "lower property taxes", "stop corruption", etc, etc. These have been the campaign promises for years and years. Look at McGreevey's campaign and his was one of the most corrupt of ALL the governors in recent memory.

I personally don't see what the democrats really do for NJ. Many of them have been the worst - anyone remember Florio? So what has Corzine done for NJ while being in Congress? What will Forrester really do - or will it be the same old same old.

I want someone who will support NJ and fight for OUR interests. I want someone who won't sell the state out to NY interests (I just found out that the gift shops in Liberty State Park , OUR STATE PARK, charge NY taxes and the money goes to NY )

I think that one thing that would reduce property taxes would be promoting and bringing in tourists. Tourists pay a lot of taxes and support a lot of local businesses (restaurants, gas stations, grocery stores, hotels, etc) but they don't require a huge investent of infustructure like police, firefighters, schools or hospitals. I feel this would help to bring down property taxes.

I think that Forrester would be a better choice than Corzine, but I am not sure that things will be much better with Forrester.

I did not know that bit of info about the Liberty State Park. On the surface, it does not make sense that the Park (which is in NJ and not even in the water) would send its money to the state of NY.

One thing that would help property taxes is if the local school budget was not tied directly to property taxes. If NJ had a different system of paying for Education (not tied to Property taxes) then property taxes would immediately be reduced by 40-60% depending on where one lived.

Granted the money for education would come from another area, but I am sure we could determine a better way to fund education.
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

NJ & You, Perfect Together

Quote Originally Posted by MITHRANDIR
    I think that Forrester would be a better choice than Corzine, but I am not sure that things will be much better with Forrester.
    I also think Forrester will be a better choice. I'm 99% likely to vote for him, but I'm still not happy with the campaign promises. It's just the same old same old from both sides.
    I did not know that bit of info about the Liberty State Park. On the surface, it does not make sense that the Park (which is in NJ and not even in the water) would send its money to the state of NY.
    I found that little bit of information form a superindendant of one of the state parks - I was talking about how they only sell NY crap there and it's our most visited state park and how NJ doesn't utilize it to promote NJ. They then asked me if I had ever looked at the sales reciept at th Liberty State Park gift shops. I told hm no - because they only sell NY crap - so I refuse to buy from them. They then told me that they charge the 8.5% sales tax and the money goes to NY. It was some deal the NJ politicians made with NY. WHY???? What the hell does NY have to do with what is sold in NJ? What politician got some kick back from NY to put this into effect?

One thing that would help property taxes is if the local school budget was not tied directly to property taxes. If NJ had a different system of paying for Education (not tied to Property taxes) then property taxes would immediately be reduced by 40-60% depending on where one lived.

Granted the money for education would come from another area, but I am sure we could determine a better way to fund education.
    That's the thing - the money has to come from somewhere - and except for the poor school districts - schools are supported by local taxes. Contrary to most people's ideas - the poor school distrcts actually spend MORE money per student than the wealther school districts. It's just the poor school districts are given a lot of state money. Obviously throwing more money at the poor school districts isn't the answer.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

New Jersey Proud!

I just sent this letter to Forrester's campaign...

Dear XXXXX

I know Bill Spadea, we're both on the Princeton Battlefield Area Preservation Society and he suggested I write to you. I have talked to him several times about what Doug Forrester is going to do for New Jersey that is different than any other candidate. To be honest, talking to Chris Pordon, Bill Spadea or seeing Doug and now his wife on TV still does not give me any clear idea of what he's going to do. It just seems to be the same old same old. How many times in the past several elections have we heard about "lower property taxes", "eliminate corruption" and "work for New Jerseyans". Listen to McGreevey's old campaign speeches and he said the very same thing. I don't remember a much more scandalous governor than McGreevey, yet it's the same campaign promises everyone is making today. So how is Forrester going to be different?

I'll tell you what disturbs me and what really needs to change. I run a website that promotes NJ tourism. I have traveled to 40 states and lived in six of them. I am a native New Jerseyan who LOVES New Jersey and could not wait to be back. The thing that bothers me so much is how much New Jersey politicians sell out New Jersey to the highest bidder - mostly to NY interests. Here is an example - the Giants Stadium deal. Here we have a team, whose home has been New Jersey for THREE DECADES and three years ago decides that it has to have NY on it's uniform. (this is the same team that Mayor Koch said was a New Jersey team and he refused to give them a ticker-tape parade when they won the Super Bowl) Of course all this time to NJ it says "we love our home state of NJ", while under their breath saying "we're just too ashamed to let the rest of the country know we play here." They make their Super Bowl and opening season announcements in NY. Now they want a new stadium, saying that NJ has an agreement with that we must keep them in a state-of-an-art facility. Codey cuts a deal with them and then goes on record saying it won't cost NJ taxes payers anything because the Giants are picking up the tab. Now let's look closely at this tab they're picking up...

NJ forgives 126 Million dollars in debt
    NJ pays for 30 million dollars in infrastructure improvements
    Giants collect all profits from concerts or any events at the stadium (which currently NJ gets)
    Giants get to have Xanadu shut down during home games (still in negotiation and waiting to be announced)
    Giants get the money from selling the naming rights to the new stadium
    Giants pay for the stadium

For all this - New Jersey gets a measly FIVE Million dollars a year in lease payments on PRIME real estate.

Then to top it all off, the Giants had the nerve to make their announcement saying "we are so happy to be staying in New Jersey" all the while with NY plastered on the banner behind them. I was just waiting for Codey to bring out a silver platter with the deed to NJ on it and hand it to the Giants.(Oh wait, by the way some NJ politicians act, they already gave New Jersey's deed to NY) This is the problem with New Jersey, the roll over attitude of our politicians. The fact that there seems to be no one that stands up for NJ. Where were the Giants going to go? They had no where to go. NY doesn't want to build a stadium, that was demonstrated with the fiasco with the Jets (who after all their bad mouthing of NJ, is now in negotiations with the Giants to play in the new Giants Stadium) As I state on the AboutNewJersey.com messageboard, you know who are the smart ones - NY. They don't pay for a stadium - but they get all the publicity. No matter where I have been in the US, people either think that Giants stadium is in NY or they think that ALL of New Jersey is in NY. That is no joke.

Another example of NJ selling out is demonstrated by something I just found out with Liberty State Park. I was talking to park official about how the vendors there only sell NY merchandise and how it's our most visited state park, but we don't utilize it to advertise NJ. He then proceeded to ask me if I ever looked at one of the vendors sales slips and noticed the sales tax. I hadn't because I refuse to buy any "NY" merchandise in NJ (I have gone up to them and asked them where the New JERSEY merchandise is though). I was shocked when he told me they charge 8.5% tax and the money goes to New YORK. I aksed him twice, because I found it so unbelievable. Supposedly some deal was worked out with NY. WHY? What is NY doing collecting sales tax in OUR state park? I keep hoping he has it confused with Liberty Island or maybe even Ellis Island. I will have to check this out myself - but to be honest, it will not surprise me if it's true. We're the state that sells NY merchandise in out Turnpike reststops - but finding New Jersey items is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Another problem is this north/south divide that exists in this state. Now this obviously will be much harder to change, but it exists and it is a festering problem. New Jersey does not act like a state, it acts like a bunch of little fiefdoms and that is destroying New Jersey. We need politicians who will make New Jerseyans feel proud to say "we're New Jerseyans", who won't roll over and just accept the negative stereotypical comments that are repeatedly said about this state from outsiders. New Jersey should be proud and what New Jersey needs is a governor who will make New Jerseyans proud. We need a change of attitude in this state. We need outsiders to respect us and before that can happen - we need to respect ourselves!

Sincerely,

Robert Rosetta
    I wonder what the response will be. Believe me - I could have written a whole book about how incompetent the politicians are in New Jersey. The sad thing is that New Jersey is a democracy - so the fault lies in the people electing them.

New Jersey Proud!

Recent Resident Eric Stephenson's Avatar

I agree with you that I would like to see Forrester in office and not Corzine.

Actually, I should probably state it more properly:

I want to see anybody in office who's last name is not Corzine!

The way he literally bought the Senate Seat a couple of years ago really disgusted me.

Unfortunately, I think he is going to do the same thing again.

Somebody told me a long time ago there was some thought given to splitting the state in half and making it North Jersey and South Jersey as official states.

I wish they would, there is such a disparity between the two halves of the state in politics, values, ideas and just about everything else.

Well's that my $0.02 worth anyway!

Just for an update here - no word from the Forrester camp at all on this. Bill said he talked to the Forrester campaign and that I should be receiving a phone call. So much for that. I am really fed up with NJ politicians who just want to talk about the same old crap and really think we are idiots.

Of course I think Doug Forrester is better than Jon Corzine - but I don't even know what Forrester is going to do. Now he says that he's going to have a Constitutional Amendment to guarantee that his Property Tax relief stays in place and that future politicians can't raise it back up. Does he think that New Jerseyans are idiots? (Well of course the majority did vote for Jim McGreevey, so maybe that isn't a good question to ask ) But anyway - he can't just MAKE a consitutional amendment, it has to be voted on. He has no control over that. Only people who know nothing about how the government works would be fooled into believing that politicians can do half the things they promise they will do.

Side note to Eric- I think politicians should be working to join NJ together - not split us into two different states. I know this has been an issue before. I think it even went up for a vote in south Jersey in the 70's or 80's that they wanted to split off. I think it would be terrible for NJ though. I've seen on other messageboards where NYers are talking about annexing northern NJ (of course they throw in their snide comments about which parts they don't want) - and that that's basically what would happen. North Jersey would simply become part of NY state and south Jersey would become part of PA. We've fought too hard throughout our history to let that happen.

New Jersey Proud!

Default Forrester or Corzine

Its hard to choose when both Candidates commercial tell us how bad the other guy is and not what they will do for the state. Where is Jessie Ventura when we need him
    DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR

Quote Originally Posted by davegering
    Its hard to choose when both Candidates commercial tell us how bad the other guy is and not what they will do for the state. Where is Jessie Ventura when we need him
    Well I agree, except for the Ventura part, because I don't think he ended up being a good governor. I find Corzine's commercials laughable though. Yesterday I was on my way to Wegman's in West Windsor and there was a Corzine commercial on the radio. It started out talking about how bad Forrester was, with the cliched foreboding music in the background. Then they started talking about all the "great" things Corzine was going to do and there was this music impling paradise. I could almost hear the spring flowers blooming and the birds singing. I had to start to laugh, I thought it was hilarious. I suppose campaigns really think we're morons and that we don't see through these cheap tricks. The sad thing is I'm sure they do affect some people's perception through the background music, instead of actually having to say anything.

Anyway Bill just called me, so I'm hoping he's right with what he said. I just don't see a very big difference right now. I really would like to know what Forrester plans to do, beside the same old tired promises that every campaign says.

Some of the things I brought up were the Giants and Jets, minimum wage and how it affects the seasonal tourism industry, the foreign exhange workers and how the amusement parks and attractions have to do all this work to get their visas and sponsor them, but once they land at Newark Liberty, they can go off and work anywhere. Finally I mentioned the broadcasting issue - or lack thereof in NJ. To me this is a major issue too. I talked about the ridiculous tourism commercials, the laughable welcome signs into the state and the fact that if you drive along the turnpike and stop at the rest areas they sell NY crap. A lot of this stemmed from us discussing how people outside NJ does not associate NJ with amuseument parks, the reolutionary war, museums or anything like that.

I would like to get a clear idea on where Forrester stands on many of these issues. They may seem small, but these are the things that need to be taken care of to change the way people feel about NJ. I asked him, we had the 225th Monmouth Battlefield several years ago - huge huge event, what did NJ do to promote it? Absolutely ZERO. There wasn't even a sign on Rt 33 letting people know what was going on. If that was Indiana, Oregon, or any other state - they would have had a banner out there and there would have been tv commercials. New Jersey is laughable when it comes to promoting itself and no wonder people, within and without have no idea what NJ has or what it's like.

There was one thing recently that happened which was positive, NJ Tourism finally stopped having the phone calls handled by prison inmates when potential visitors would call up for information. yes, all these years when people would call up and ask for a visitors guide and so forth, they would get the jail and their phone call would be handled by someone in an orange jumpsuit. I'm not sure what brainiac felt it would be good customer service to have phone calls of potential visitors being handled by prisoners. Believe me - I used to call up the NJ Information line and many times it was just "yeah?, what can I do for you?"

I hope that if Doug Forrester gets in that many of this stuff will change. I'm pretty sure that if Jon Corzine gets in - it will just be the same old same old.

New Jersey Proud!

Unfortunately I don't see that Forrester even has a chance at this election.

Corzine will outspend him 100 to 1 just like he did in the Senatorial race. Between that and all the huge North Jersey Democratic machine he's about to make his next stop on the way to a Presidential Race.

How the heck did we elect a New York Businessman who doesn't know squat about NJ in general and South Jersey in particular?

I don't know that Forrester is going to be any better but it really irks me when somebody tires to buy/steal my vote with flashy campaigns and a thousand mudslinging ad a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Stephenson
    How the heck did we elect a New York Businessman who doesn't know squat about NJ in general and South Jersey in particular?
    The same way we let the Giants and Jets wear NY on their uniforms, allow airlines to put NY on their ticket stubs or declare they are flying into NY. No one seems to care about having a New Jerseyan REPRESENT New Jersey interests. Jon Corzine and Rush Holt (US Representative for my district) are always so busy fighting for national issues, instead of figting for things that actually affects NJ. The only time they seem to come out, is when it's campaign season.

Case in point, I'm on the board for an Historical Revolutionary War organization, and Rush Holt has basically ignored us and given us lip service. But my god, when we had famous pulitzer prizing winning author come out to do a talk and book signing, then Rush came out of the woodwork and wanted us to put out all HIS literature. Needless to say we refused. He hasn't lifted a finger to support us, but then he expected us to do his campaigning for him when we were drawing a large crowd. I've seen Rush Holt at events, and the only thing he is there for is to ACT like he cares. Basically he comes, shakes some hands, gives his speech, gives an interview and leaves. It's like a tornado coming through. He doesn't even pay attention to what people tell him. As a for instance, prior to him coming onto the battlefield the one time to give a speech on endangered NJ Revolutionary War sites, we provided him with a lot of background information concerning the battle and it's importance. We attempted to set up a meeting with him or his aid repeatedly, we would have it scheduled and then they wouldn't show up or they would cancel at the last minute. Then after the speech when we got to talk him, he knew nothing about the battlefield. It was a complete waste to send him any information at all. All he kept saying over and over again were the stupid "sound bite" statements. My impression of Jon Corzine is that he's the same way. He doesn't care about the constituents of New Jersey, he just wants to get elected so he can work on his national crusades.

People have to remember, our representatives are there to represent us, not NY, California, PA, or ay other state. They are elected by New Jerseyans to fight for NJ and we don't hold our elected officials to this requirement.

New Jersey Proud!

For those who missed the debates - you can watch them on NJN news - 2005 NJ Gubernatorial Debate

I still don't agree with Forrester's position on the Devils Arena.

New Jersey Proud!

Google just did their reindexing and this thread comes up on the second page in a google search for Doug Forrester and the top of the 4th page for Jon Corzine now.

I'm really surprised that more of a discussion hasn't develop here. I know that a ton of people view the thread, but they don't post.

Tomorrow Tuesday October 18th - is the second Gubernatorial debates which wll be on ABC - both Philadelphia and NY (I hate not having our own networks) at 7:00pm. These debates will feature all four candidates - instead of just Jon Corzine and Doug Forrester like the NJN debates did.

New Jersey Proud!

On November 3rd News 12 New Jersey will be having the thrid debate. I recorded tonights debate and will have to rewatch it. I just don't trust Corzine at all. I don't particularly think that Forrester is the best either. Of course you can't find someone that you agree with completely - because there is always something that you an find to disagree with.

There was one thing that disturbed me and that was Corzines comment about the Constitution. Of course it's a living document - but the founding father's gave the STATES the power to change it - not the US Supreme Court. I realize that the question was regarding the state consitution, but he also made reference to the US Constitution. He seems not to care too much about the checks and balances of the federal government (as long as they support his views of course) - or state rights and that bothers me.

New Jersey Proud!

Devil,

I agree with you that I don't really trust/agree with either candidate but I gotta say that I also agree with you about Corzine.

He just seems slimy somehow.

His comments almost made it sound like "The Constituation is great as long as I can make it agree with my liberal agenda" and if he can't twist/distort it to say that then "It's a living Document" or "the Founding Fathers could never have anticipated this" type of thing.

I just saw a new Corzine commercial that I think is going to backfire on him.

It's the one where there is kind of a split screen and they are talking about "which candidate reflects our values?"

Of course they go after the mose volatile three:

Stem Cell
    Abortion
    Gun Control

Corzine supports Stem Cell Research, Pro-Choice & a total Ban on Guns.

Big Bad Forrester agrees with our Commander-in-Chief and opposes Stem Cell Research, is Pro-Life and opposes more laws on guns.

They of course didn't mention any of the details of either candidates stance, just that one is for and one is against.

If Forrester is smart he will use that to his advantage and take a stand and reflect the Republican party stance on these topics instead of trying to be a left-leaning Republican.

Protecting Environmental, Cultural and Historical Places and Promoting Vital Industry in New Jersey

According to the Commerce, Economic Growth and Tourism Commission, the travel and tourism industry generates $30 billion in economic activity each year and provides 416,000 jobs, making it the second largest private sector employer in New Jersey. Last year, tourism activity generated $2.9 billion in State and local government revenues, accounted for $1.7 billion in State tax revenue and $1.2 billion in local government tax revenue.

More than 65 million people visited New Jersey in 2003. Tourists relaxed on the beaches of the Shore, listened to concerts at such premier facilities as the New Jersey Performing Arts Center in Newark and the Tweeter Center in Camden, searched for antique treasures in Lambertville, admired stately Victorian homes in Cape May, tried their luck at the world class casino hotels of Atlantic City, and followed the story of our Nation’s founding at historical sites from Washington’s Headquarters at Morristown to the battlefield at Monmouth, to the Old Barracks of Trenton.

A vibrant tourism industry not only provides memorable experiences for visitors, it also offers quality of life benefits for State residents. New Jersey’s diverse array of tourism attractions fulfills the recreational, cultural and entertainment needs of State residents.

Promote Tourism, Not Politics – Former Governor Jim McGreevey spent nearly $8 million on television advertisements designed to promote his political career, and not New Jersey’s tourist attractions. Doug Forrester will put an end to this wasteful and ineffective use of tourism promotion monies.

New Jersey tourism will be marketed in the Forrester Administration through a program that is consistent in message, appeals to people outside New Jersey, and showcases the State’s scenic beauty, historic and cultural institutions, recreations opportunities, and broad array of vacation experiences.

Direct New York City/Atlantic City Rail Service -- The opening of new hotels, entertainment venues and shops has spurred redevelopment efforts in Atlantic City. The State can enhance these efforts further through the establishment of a direct rail link between New York City and Atlantic City. The new rail link could provide a new, market-driven means to transport casino patrons to the east coast’s premiere gaming area.

The New Jersey Transit (NJT) Atlantic City Line runs from the Atlantic City Rail Terminal to the 30th Street Station in Philadelphia. The Atlantic City Line can be linked to the NJT Northeast Corridor using an Amtrak line that currently runs between 30th Street Station and Trenton. NJT currently runs passenger rail service on that section of Amtrak line.

Once linked, tourists could take a train from Atlantic City to Newark. If dual-mode diesel and electric trains were employed, a passenger could take a seamless rail ride from New York City’s Pennsylvania Station to Atlantic City.

Tourism Marketing Plan -- New Jersey’s Tourism Master Plan has not been updated since 1997, and the time has come to contract with outside marketing experts to create a new plan that is designed to market New Jersey as a tourism destination. The plan would identify target geographic markets for the purpose of marketing New Jersey as a destination; develop a plan for “branding” of the State as a destination; and develop an overall advertising strategy using national, regional and international publications and communications.

Tourism Research & Database -- A Research Bureau should be created in the Office of Travel and Tourism to provide ongoing research into the travel and tourism market. In order to ensure the ongoing effectiveness of the State marketing activities, the research bureau would create a database in cooperation with the hospitality and lodging industries and individual tourist attractions. The research bureau would seek to identify travelers by such factors as age, interests, travel goals, and identify core geographic markets for New Jersey tourism.

Interactive Travel Information Kiosks – A public/private partnership should be created to implement a system of improved interactive travel kiosks and wireless access for business travelers at the State’s 17 welcome centers and major transportation and tourism-related facilities. The kiosks will provide tourists with web-based, real time information about destinations, accommodations, as well as weather and travel bulletins. The technology involved is no more complicated than a typical desktop computer.

Kiosks of this type have been used with success by the State of New York in the Adirondack region during the early 1990’s. An effective kiosk system was created in Atlanta, Georgia, for the 1996 Summer Olympics, and it remains in operation today, providing 130 kiosks throughout Georgia. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation has created a design manual for travel information kiosks at part of that state’s intelligent transportation system. In addition, the State of Montana has established kiosks along the Lewis and Clark National Historic Trail, while Arizona has planned there introduction along the federal Interstate Highway I-40 corridor.

Uniform Tourism Signage – Given the economic benefits of tourism to the State economy, the State must aggressively improve highway signage for tourism destination in order to make New Jersey's attractions convenient and accessible. Although signage has improved in recent years, an aggressively implemented and consistently-maintained system of tourism signage for the broad range of vacation activities should be implemented.

Investments in Tourism Infrastructure – In order to ensure the State’s tourism economy can thrive and compete with other states, the State must wisely invest in the infrastructure that makes travel convenient. When State authorities use monies designated for tourism promotion on projects of dubious tourism value, such as the construction of parking garage at Cooper Hospital, it hurts the ability of New Jersey to compete for tourism dollars, especially when projects such as parking improvements at the Atlantic City International Airport and improvements to the Exit 17 interchange on the Atlantic City Expressway are not fully funded as a consequence.
    There are several things in here that are missing. What about the fact that NJ allows NY items to be predomently sold at our rest stops or Liberty State Park which get 2 million visitors a year? What about sports teams which carry NY on their uniforms or the brochure display racks along the turnpike which carry mostly NY and PA brochures. This is a serious problem with advertsing NJ within our own state.

I also find this to be very Atlantic City centric. Now I recognize that AC holds the biggest piece of the tourism pie in NJ, but what about utilizing Atlantic City - as well as the shore in general - to promote the rest of the state. There are more than enough visitors and potential visitors to NJ to go around - without NJ resorting to the petty competition among the different regions it finds it self in right now.

New Jersey Proud!

Here is something I found while searching the web. Even though it was from the senate race I thought it was funny. The site is no longer viewable though - it's cached on google.

TOP TEN OPTIONS FOR NEW JERSEY DEMOCRATS...

1) Have Senator Frank Lautenberg run an aggressive write-in campaign with unions equally aggressively giving out cards to help Democrats spell the name "Lautenberg".

2) Ask Senator Robert Torricelli to go beyond withdrawing to commit suicide so that he can get more votes dead than alive. This is otherwise known as the Hawaiian "Patsy Mink" strategy allowing the governor to appoint a replacement after the dead candidate wins. This has already worked in Missouri. Early indications were that Torricelli rejected this idea even with the offer of more jewelry and a nice suit for his funeral.

3) Have Senator Frank Lautenberg change his name to Robert Torricelli, jr. in a Democratic act of bonding so that no change of listing is necessary.

4) Get the New Jersey state Democrats to claim that they were all dyslexic and that the "51" day limit was really supposed to be "15" days.

5) Pay to have the next four Soprano shows redone so that Senator Torricelli can take his rightful place as the political crook character with ties to the mob. In a story twist, after therapy, James Gandolfini’s Tony Soprano decides to run himself for Senator as a populist Democratic write-in candidate.

6) If a change in the listed candidate is not allowed, move to have an aggressive write-in campaign with Senator Lautenberg changing his name to "X" so that most Democrats will not misspell his name.

7) If more votes are needed, use strategy #6 but use the name "XXX" to bring in the extreme sport and drinking crowd to join the liberal New Jersey geriatrics.

8) Consider sending powdered sugar to three polling places in Trenton the day before the election to allow the New Jersey Governor to heroically reschedule the election with a chance to replace the Democratic candidate.

9) Call Republicans anti-choice, anti-New Jersey, war loving, union busting, right wing extremists on every talk show and news broadcast until Republicans cave in, raise the white flag and allow the ballots to be changed without a whimper. There is no problem in doing this for fun whether it works or not!

And finally, their first choice that worked without a hitch…

1) Do a quick end run to the New Jersey Supreme Court where our Democratic leaning and contributing judges can invalidate state law and avoid having our Democrats to have to spell Lautenberg to exercise their right of voter choice.

New Jersey Proud!

For Corzine being such a business person he is very anti-business - at least in terms of small business and entrepreneurs. According to Vote Smart, Corzine voted against most small business and consumer interests. Interesting enough - he also voted AGAINST most government reform - so how is he going to reform NJ's government, since he obviously has no desire to reform the US Government.

Regrettably since Forrester hasn't been a senator, he has no voting record on Vote Smart.

McGreevey has already made NJ a very anti-business state, so do we really want someone who is obviously against new businesses? I guess he has his money already and is a multi-millionaire - so he doesn't want anyone else to have what he enjoys now. To be honest, the democratic party seems to be more interested in keeping people reliant on the government, than giving people the skills to make themselves self reliant. I guess if they allowed people to stand on their own two feet they would end up putting themselves (the politicians) out of a job. Which is funny - when the nation was founded we weren't supposed to have lifetime politicians. I am also concerned with how much Corzine supports NJ and whether his true goal is just to run for president.

I'm a federalist, I believe in state rights and a small federal government. The US does NOT have a national government, most of the power rests in the states and laws are controlled by the individual states. Corzine seems to believe in only national issues and the elimination of the states. He worries more about what is happening in California and the western national parks, than what is happening to out state parks, such as Princeton Battlefield.

BTW - I still haven't voted in this poll. To be honest, I don't like either candidate. What my vote is basically coming down to is that I know Corzine's record and I don't trust him to be a governor for New Jersey.

New Jersey Proud!

It doesn't seem as if News 12 NJ has a third debate scheduled anymore. I haven't been able to find anymore information on it since the time of seeing it mentioned on News 12 when I posted about it. If anyone else knows anything about it, please post it.

New Jersey Proud!

Well let the count down begin, ONLY 4 days to go till election day November 8, 2005. The election has really gotten nasty - but I think the media is overblowing it. Don't they ALWAYS say every election that "this" is the nastiest election ever. So here we are again and this is now the nastiest. Basically I think media fans the flames just so they have good news stories. Instead of concentrating on issues, the media themselves like to feed off the dirt.

It still bugs me that NJ doesn't have it's own networks. It really makes it difficult for many people to really know the candidates, not to mention keeping Trenton in line.

New Jersey Proud!

Default Election

I noticed both candidates have called out the big guns it seems like it is CLINTON vs GUILIANNI
    DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR