Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Fine for saying Joisey

  1. #1
    New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Toms River NJ (Jersey Shore)
    Posts
    1,551

    Default Fine for saying Joisey

    I am just watching weird US and they are having about this guy who declared himself Emperor of the US. One of the things he proposed enacting was a $25 fine for anyone who uttered "Frisco" which supposedly the people of San Francisco hate their city to be called. So I thought - hey we should make it illegal to say "joisey" and issue fines; we can call it the New Yorker Tax.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

    Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

    AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook


    New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!


  2. #2
    Moderator MITHRANDIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Ocean County
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
    I am just watching weird US and they are having about this guy who declared himself Emperor of the US. One of the things he proposed enacting was a $25 fine for anyone who uttered "Frisco" which supposedly the people of San Francisco hate their city to be called. So I thought - hey we should make it illegal to say "joisey" and issue fines; we can call it the New Yorker Tax.
    I think a fine of about $115 per offense would be reasonable.
    (This is the price of a parking ticket in Manhattan.)
    Last edited by MITHRANDIR; 09-13-2005 at 12:45 PM.
    Sincerely,
    Anthony


    NJ & You, Perfect Together

  3. #3
    New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Toms River NJ (Jersey Shore)
    Posts
    1,551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MITHRANDIR
    I think a fine of about $115 per offense would be reasonable.
    (This is the price of a parking ticket in Manhattan.)
    Do you know that from personal experience? I never drive in Manhattan so I wouldn't know at all. I take the train.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

    Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

    AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook


    New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!


  4. #4
    Moderator MITHRANDIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Ocean County
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
    Do you know that from personal experience? I never drive in Manhattan so I wouldn't know at all. I take the train.
    Unfortunately, I do. NYC traffic rules can be confusing at times to outsiders.
    A parking ticket in Astoria Queens is $35 on Steinway Blvd. That is from someone else's experience.

    In general, it is easier with the train if you are going into Manhattan. It is more economical now with the rise in fuel costs.
    Sincerely,
    Anthony


    NJ & You, Perfect Together

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •