Thread: Communities in New Jersey

Tourist

Default Communities in New Jersey

Hi all...this is my first post.

I currently live in Berkeley Heights, NJ and I am looking to move south a bit. I am from Baltimore, so I would rather live closer to my home town, but my husband still wants to be able to commute to Jersey City. I have heard that things are a little more laid back in south Jersey, which I would like, and a little cheaper. Currently we are looking in the East Brunswick/East Windsor area for houses with at least 4 bedrooms and a basement. Does anyone have any recommendations for nice communities to raise children that have good schools?

Thanks

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Welcome aboard.

I live in Plainsboro, which seems to be the area you are looking at. The Plainsboro West Windsor High Schools are two of the best schools in NJ according to NJ Monthly.

Some other towns you might want to look at is South Brunswick. There is also around Trenton - such as Hamilton and Lawrenceville, as well as Hightstown. I assume you would want to stay rather close to the Turnpike so it's a bit easy to get up to Jersey City. East of the Turnpike is Jackson, off of 195 by Great Adventure. It seems as if you are looking more at Central NJ, rather than south Jersey, so I've basically kept it around Trenton.

Hope this helps a bit.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!