Thread: ISLAND BEACH STATE PARK

Default ISLAND BEACH STATE PARK

ISLAND BEACH STATE PARK

With more than 3,000 acres of preserved barrier island ecosystems and 10 miles of pure white sand beach, Island Beach State Park lures thousands of visitors and families each year. Swimmers, sunbathers, anglers and surfers enjoy modern bathhouses, beach access ramps, a mile of life-guarded beach, historic buildings, trails, naturalist programs, bike paths and facilities for people with disabilities.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is great park to visit. Especially if you like participating in a variety of activities. You can ride a bicycle or roller blade in without charge. (They may give some grief over the roller blades if you do not have reflective material)
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

NJ & You, Perfect Together

Lady ***** of the Forest

Default Re: ISLAND BEACH STATE PARK

Quote Originally Posted by MITHRANDIR
    ISLAND BEACH STATE PARK

With more than 3,000 acres of preserved barrier island ecosystems and 10 miles of pure white sand beach, Island Beach State Park lures thousands of visitors and families each year. Swimmers, sunbathers, anglers and surfers enjoy modern bathhouses, beach access ramps, a mile of life-guarded beach, historic buildings, trails, naturalist programs, bike paths and facilities for people with disabilities.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is great park to visit. Especially if you like participating in a variety of activities. You can ride a bicycle or roller blade in without charge. (They may give some grief over the roller blades if you do not have reflective material)
    Sounds nice. Since they have naturalist programs, do they offer an educational lesson for schools also? What grade level? I bet it would be a great way for kids to learn that there is more to biology than what's in their text books.

Default Re: ISLAND BEACH STATE PARK

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Plum
    Quote Originally Posted by MITHRANDIR
    ISLAND BEACH STATE PARK

Sounds nice. Since they have naturalist programs, do they offer an educational lesson for schools also? What grade level? I bet it would be a great way for kids to learn that there is more to biology than what's in their text books.
    They do offer programs for schools. (I know since I attending 1 or 2 ) I think it would be best to contact the park for specific information.
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

Rollerblading there is not a very good idea if you want you bearings to stay clean as the sand is to much for the wear of bearings and I for one do not enjoy the time it takes to clean my bearings .

Quote Originally Posted by 131 Dukes St.
    Rollerblading there is not a very good idea if you want you bearings to stay clean as the sand is to much for the wear of bearings and I for one do not enjoy the time it takes to clean my bearings .
    I agree. (regarding the cleaning of ones bearings.)

The main (and for the most part, only) road in Island State Beach Park is relatively sand free. The main way one would get sand is to roller blade off the pavement.

It has been a few years since I have roller bladed there, so I do not know if the park changed their opinion on roller bladers.
    Sincerely,
    Anthony