Thread: Toms River American

Default Toms River American

The Toms River American Little League team has won the NJ state Championship as many of you know by now. They have had some success in Bristol, and tomorrow will be the biggest game yet for our State Champs.

At 11 AM they will face Maryland (GAme will be broadcasted on 1160 AM WOBM AM, for those of you in the OCean County Area). IF they win they will face the winner of the Deleware and PA game on Monday for the right to go to williamsport.

I think by looking at these teams it wont be easy but NJ and PA deserve to be the two in the final game. And that will be exciting at that. NJ beat Maryland yesterday 10-1 in a BLOWOUT of a game! They have some STRONG bats in guys like Alex Wheeler and in fact had the highest batting average going into to todays play (I dont have the stats in front of me tonight). While they lost today to Deleware They are still a strong team.

I personally wish them the best of luck and would be curious if anyone else has any other opinions?

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Welcome aboard RadioJoe.

I don't necessarily have an opinion about the game, because they're slightly outside my area- but I do hope they win. Toms River seems to have a Little League dynasty going - their teams always seem to go very far. Rt 37 from Toms River to Seasde Heights is called Little League World Champions Boulevard, in honor of the team that won the World Series in the late 90's. Anyway - best of luck to the new Toms River teams - make NJ proud. N o presure of course there.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!