Thread: Plainsboro Cops

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Default Plainsboro Cops

I just wanted to tell people DO NOT drive in Plainsboro at night. I have to since I live here, but I am considering moving because of the Plainsboro police.

On July 7th after taking a friend back to Ohio, I was driving on Plainsboro Rd at 2:50am, one block from my apartment when a cop pulled me over for have a taillight out and supposedly crossing the white line. Both charges were trumped up, the bulb that was out was the small decorative bulb - while the three main tail light bulbs worked fine. I took it to court, but lost because the damn statue says that ALL bulbs must be fully functioning. So basically this cost me $168 and 2 points on my license. I know I didn't go over the white line - not that it should have mattered - no one wasa really on the road. Anyway - the cop said that my tire just skirted over the line. it wasn't even like I was weaving in and out.

This is a warning STAY OUT of Plainsboro - unless you want to risk getting a ticket. BTW - the cops name who pulled me over was Newbon.

What sucks about all this is I drive all over NJ promoting tourism - but I'm literally afraid to drive in my own town. I have to be out late. This isn't even the first occurence of this. In 2001 I had written a letter to the Princeton Packet and a bunch of other newspapers. That year I had been pulled over for having a fog light out, for having a tail light out - which ended up not being the case, and for crossing over a non-existant center line in my apartment complex. IN 2001, when I went down to the plolice station to complain, I was told that "law abiding citizens are in bed at a decent hour". So beware of the Police state known as Plainsboro Township, and especially beware if you plan on moving to Plainsboro.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
    I just wanted to tell people DO NOT drive in Plainsboro at night. I have to since I live here, but I am considering moving because of the Plainsboro police.

. . .

This is a warning STAY OUT of Plainsboro - unless you want to risk getting a ticket. BTW - the cops name who pulled me over was Newbon.

. . .

IN 2001, when I went down to the plolice station to complain, I was told that "law abiding citizens are in bed at a decent hour". So beware of the Police state known as Plainsboro Township, and especially beware if you plan on moving to Plainsboro.
    Plainsboro must be very fortunate to have so little crime in their community that they need to harass ordinary citizens. I guess the motto "To serve and protect" implies serving the town coffers instead of the citizens of the community.

I can support what JD says since I have driven many times though Plainsboro (although usually during the daytime hours) and I have seen the police regulary stationed on the side of the road (or behind other objects) looking for people driving 26MPH in a 25MPH zone. (I am not kidding about that statement.)

In general police do and should get the benefit of the doubt. It is disturbing and aggravating when some police use their position to harass citizens when they have not hurt any one else or damaged anyone else's property.

I was told that "law abiding citizens are in bed at a decent hour".
    So I guess that all police on night duty are not "law abiding citizens."
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

NJ & You, Perfect Together

Default New Jersey - the police state

can you believe I'm still living with this????

I get a yearly "Insurance surcharge" from the state which amounts to $150 a year for the next THREE years.

See - because I didn't win the judgment - which the judge sympathized with me for I had ended up getting 6 points on my license in less than 2 years.

See last year, coming back from seaside heights - in manchester - on my way to Trenton, I got pulled over. The cop again insisted I must have been drinking. It was late at night, it was the early morning of 4th of July. You know the drill. The ****ing cops have nothing better to do. The cop was so insistant I must have been drinking - that he told me just to admit I had one drink and that he smelt it in my car. Well I told hi that I don't drink and I didn't have any one in my car who did drink - so I wasn't sure how he could be smelling. Well after that failed for him - he said that I had been speeding.

I know I hadn't been, but I was tired at this point, just figured what the hell. I paid the fine, didn't go to court to fight - because I just wanted to move on - especially after my experience with the asshole Plainsboro cops. Now - I have to pay this ridiculous $150 insurance surcharge - all because a "side light" was out - not even a directional signal, I supposedly skirted over the white line going on Plainsboro Rd and in Manchester - another police town to avoid - they tried getting me for drinking and driving.

This is ****ing ridiculous. You want to know what is so interesting about this - my insurance was lowered because I have such a GOOD driving record except for these asinine summons.

I think this $150 feeis just another example of New Jersey digging deeper into people's pockets and trying to take as much money from people as they can. Who the hell votes these asshole politicians in?? We had our taxes raised through the roof, people actually seem to believe the bull**** about the property taxes and will be happy by the rebates - only to have them be eliminated next year after the politicians get reelected.

I seriously can't believe I'm going to have to pay $450 for having a decorative light out on my car or that some asshole cop pulled me over to see if I was drinking - and when he didn't find that I was he needed some excuse as to why he did.

They're power hungry assholes - just like the corrupt politicians.

BTW - I drive a hell of a lot as you can imagine. My car has 192,000 miles on it. I'm always afraid of driving late at night - because that's when I get pulled over. It's when the cops feel people are drinking and driving. As I said before - it's not "driving while black" anymore - it's "driving while dark" that's the problem. Once it's past midnight - the cops feel you shouldn't be out anymore.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

New Jersey Proud!

BTW - my cousin wants to be a cop. He says that he doesn't think cops are above the law, but if a cop is speeding or something - and he pulls him over - he won't give him a ticket. He says - cops just don't give cops tickets. So I told him - so you think they're above the law then. The hypocrisy of it.

He also said that he's going to be a prick cop his first year because you have to show people who's boss. That's quite amazing since we PAY their salary and they work for US? They're they to PROTECT and SERVE - not be assholes to people.

He also supports DWI checkpoints - which I am completely against. This is an infringement on freedom. They should have just cause on pulling someone over - not random checking. This is the type of stuff we fought the revolution for. He claimed it saved people's lives - I said - then why not have cops just make spot checks of people's houses. He said that would never happen. I said - how can you be so sure - there was a time where people wouldn't have thought the cops could just pull you over for no reason.

I think a lot of cops are just power hungry and have low self esteem. It gives them power over people - because they don't have it otherwise. Not all cops are like this of course, but I am beginning to feel that traffic cops - it's the norm.

New Jersey Proud!

BTW - my cousin wants to be a cop. He says that he doesn't think cops are above the law, but if a cop is speeding or something - and he pulls him over - he won't give him a ticket. He says - cops just don't give cops tickets. So I told him - so you think they're above the law then. The hypocrisy of it.

He also said that he's going to be a prick cop his first year because you have to show people who's boss. That's quite amazing since we PAY their salary and they work for US? They're they to PROTECT and SERVE - not be assholes to people.

He also supports DWI checkpoints - which I am completely against. This is an infringement on freedom. They should have just cause on pulling someone over - not random checking. This is the type of stuff we fought the revolution for. He claimed it saved people's lives - I said - then why not have cops just make spot checks of people's houses. He said that would never happen. I said - how can you be so sure - there was a time where people wouldn't have thought the cops could just pull you over for no reason.

I think a lot of cops are just power hungry and have low self esteem. It gives them power over people - because they don't have it otherwise. Not all cops are like this of course, but I am beginning to feel that traffic cops - it's the norm.
    For many people the only exposure to Police is through traffic stops. If cops are jerks to the public, many people will have a negative opinion of the cops. Cops can be more effective if they have a positive image from the community they serve.

DWI checkpoints (and other roadblocks) should be illegal. I always get images of NAZI Germany. (Papers please . . .)

Too bad it seems that many people seem willing to give their freedoms up for illusionary visions of safety. (If it saves the life of one child . . .)

JD, you need to get a license plate with a crown on it. That will help cut down on your inane tickets.
    (for those that do not know: NJ Senators and Assemblymen can get license plates for their car with the image of a crown on it)

. . . in Manchester - another police town to avoid - they tried getting me for drinking and driving.
    Unfortunately I have to agree with you. You need a sharp pair of eyes when driving in Manchester.
    (Especially on RT70 and RT571-plenty of hiding spots with high volume of traveling cars)
    No deals from prosecutor if caught traveling 20mph over PSL.

Ironically they usually hide out in places where it is safer to drive at higher speeds (ie rural areas away from dangerous intersections, kids, people and residential zones)
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by MITHRANDIR
    For many people the only exposure to Police is through traffic stops. If cops are jerks to the public, many people will have a negative opinion of the cops. Cops can be more effective if they have a positive image from the community they serve.
    The problem is - cops - just like politicians - forget who they serve - and it's not themselves. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    DWI checkpoints (and other roadblocks) should be illegal. I always get images of NAZI Germany. (Papers please . . .)
    That's exactly what I think of. I told him i have no desire living in Soviet Russia or in Cuba. So many people don't think it's any big deal. MY cousin uses the "as long as it's saving one life" argument. That's when I said - well what about having cops randomly come into hosues to see if there is any child abuse - "as long as your saving one life" it should be okay - right???
    Too bad it seems that many people seem willing to give their freedoms up for illusionary visions of safety. (If it saves the life of one child . . .)
    As Ben Franklin said - those who are willing to give up their freedoms for security, deserve neither freedom or security. (I ad libbed there a bit)
    JD, you need to get a license plate with a crown on it. That will help cut down on your inane tickets.
    (for those that do not know: NJ Senators and Assemblymen can get license plates for their car with the image of a crown on it)
    I didn't know that. So does the crown represent the king of New Jersey? We do have the most powerful governorship in the US. Do our politicians think their dukes, princes and earls, while we're just the lowly serfs they can tax to death until their is nothing left to bleed from us? Should we start calling Corzine - King Corzine and referring to him as "Your Majesty"? Funny - I thought we fought a revolution so we didn't have to bow down to the so-called powerful???

Unfortunately I have to agree with you. You need a sharp pair of eyes when driving in Manchester.
    (Especially on RT70 and RT571-plenty of hiding spots with high volume of traveling cars)
    No deals from prosecutor if caught traveling 20mph over PSL.

Ironically they usually hide out in places where it is safer to drive at higher speeds (ie rural areas away from dangerous intersections, kids, people and residential zones)
    yeah - like Rt 70 - by Rt 539 really needs to be 50mph - right? 539 which is a just a county road is 55. It's all a scam. The politicians, the police. I love NJ - but the government of NJ sucks! I could never be elected to anythng in NJ - because I care more about NJ than the political bosses and the union mafia.

New Jersey Proud!

I didn't know that. So does the crown represent the king of New Jersey? We do have the most powerful governorship in the US. Do our politicians think their dukes, princes and earls, while we're just the lowly serfs they can tax to death until their is nothing left to bleed from us? Should we start calling Corzine - King Corzine and referring to him as "Your Majesty"? Funny - I thought we fought a revolution so we didn't have to bow down to the so-called powerful???
    I am not sure if the plates can only be used on "official" cars or if it can be used on any of their vehicles.

If you drive on I-195 often enough you can see these plates.
    They are probably playing Sammy Haggar in the car as well. [I can;t drive 55]

If you drive close enough you can see the plates read: (NJ Senate or NJ Assembly) or words to that effect. It has been some time since I have seen these plates.
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by MITHRANDIR
    I am not sure if the plates can only be used on "official" cars or if it can be used on any of their vehicles.

If you drive on I-195 often enough you can see these plates.
    They are probably playing Sammy Haggar in the car as well. [I can;t drive 55]

If you drive close enough you can see the plates read: (NJ Senate or NJ Assembly) or words to that effect. It has been some time since I have seen these plates.
    Wait - I don't think that's a crown - I think it's the State Capitol Dome.

New Jersey Proud!

Wait - I don't think that's a crown - I think it's the State Capitol Dome.
    I think you may be correct. It probably is the dome at the state capital.

Although the way that some our representatives act it would seem as if we are living in a monarchy.
    Sincerely,
    Anthony