Thread: LBI

Default LBI

Heading down Manahawkin and LBI for a well deserved 11 days of rest on friday. Watch out fish and Crabs cause here I come.

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Stop into Ron Jon's for me and say hi to Old Barney. Hope you have fun.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Cool BACK FROM VACATION

Just back from 11 days down the shore. Stopped in at RON JONS (gets bigger every year and saw OLD BARNEY. Crabs were not bitting and neither were the fluke. We had fun went Whale and Dolphin watching down at Cape May rented a boat to go fishing, went out on a Party boat, Went crabbing at Barnaget dock 3 days, went to Fantasy Island and the Festival of the Sea down LBI along with going to the beach. Going down the last week of August again hopfully the Crabs And Fish will be biting then.

DAVE

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Welcome back.

Too bad about the crabs weren't biting. If you were at Seaside last Thursday, you could have picked the fish right out of the surf. A huge school of fish got caught in the waves and were just coming onto the beach - people were just wading in and grabbing handfuls to take home to cook. Never saw anything like it - it was amazing. I have some pictures of it I should put up.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Default CRABBING

Was down Manahawkin the week before Labor day for 9 days and the crabs were biting. We caugh 9 dozen off the Barneget dock. Unfortunitly a 84 year old lady drove into the bay off the dock the day before we got there and died.

dave

What a Great place to visit. From tip to tip of LBI its a great place. Some of the best Coastline in the state, I truely think.

New Jersey Tour Guide Jersey Warren's Avatar

Smile Long Beach Island Magazine

This is a great board! Years ago (1980s) when I lived in Massachusetts, I was a contributing writer to Long Beach Island Magazine. They didn't pay much but I didn't do it for the money, just for fun. It was also a way for me to satisfy my Jersey nostalgia and to relieve my homesickness for the area.

The magazine has since gone out of business. It was published by a real estate agent in Loveladies who used it as a vehicle to sell large, expensive homes.

Every time my wife and I go to LBI, we eat at a fish market/restaurant in Surf City that we discovered a few years ago. I can't recall the name but it's on the northbound side of the boulevard. They have really good fried flounder sandwiches and giant glasses of terrific lemonade (neither too sweet nor too tart).
    Last edited by Jersey Warren; 04-14-2006 at 11:07 AM.

I know where you mean but i Cant remember the name. Going down there this weekend I will find out. It might be just Surf City Fishery.
    DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR

Heading down LBI in a few hours for the weekend. Going crabbing and fishing off the dock in Barnaget tommorow.
    DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR

New Jersey Tour Guide Jersey Warren's Avatar

Default Have Fun

Quote Originally Posted by davegering
    Heading down LBI in a few hours for the weekend. Going crabbing and fishing off the dock in Barnaget tommorow.

Have fun. Maybe you will pass the fish market on the Boulevard in Surf City that I love for their fried flounder sandwiches and lemonade!

Also, maybe you can see if Kate and Marta got there alright. I think the tiny thumbnail photo on Kate's profile page is probably of the two of them.

With a 29-year-old daughter, I always worry about young females traveling alone. When Martha and I were in Rome five years ago, we ran into a college coed from Canada who wanted to take the bus to the catacombs and she asked us which bus to take. We sort of "adopted" her for the day to make sure she got there alright!

Once a father, always a father.

Heading down to Manahawkin for 11 days for some fun on LBI and some fishing and Crabbing on the Barnaget dock
    DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR