Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Newarks new Slogan

Thread: Newarks new Slogan

Default Newarks new Slogan

Any one been thru Newark lately and see the Billboards that have been put up by the teachers Union. They cant get teachers for their schools so they have put up 8 huge billboards thu out the city that say. HELP WANTED STOP THE KILLINGS in Newark. This should attract people to the city. Ill take a picture next time I go thru and post it.
    DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

NJN had about this on the news. There seems to be a mixed reaction. I agree with the people who are against the signs though - what are businesses and people to think when they see these signs? Isn't there a better way of dealing with the crime instead of announcing it on the billboards? Yeah, they have a hard time keeping teachers, that's understandable. The thing is, how is advertising the murder rate going to attract more teachers. There has to be a multi-prong attack on the crime in Newark and I think Booker has made a really good start. Newark has been in decline for decades and in the last couple of years has been coming back. People can't expect miracles overnight.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Default YES!!!

Yeah, I just saw one of those the other day! And next to it was some half-naked model. Newark looks very family oriented, and really safe.

Quote Originally Posted by davegering View Post
    Any one been thru Newark lately and see the Billboards that have been put up by the teachers Union. They cant get teachers for their schools so they have put up 8 huge billboards thu out the city that say. HELP WANTED STOP THE KILLINGS in Newark. This should attract people to the city. Ill take a picture next time I go thru and post it.

Well Camden is number 1 in violent crime, maybe they should try something new.

] Jokesters, advertisers and political bloggers check out
    Penn Jersey Forums login as guest, password 2011

Quote Originally Posted by njriverman View Post
    Well Camden is number 1 in violent crime, maybe they should try something new.

The reason why our cities struggle is because politicians and New Jerseyans in general are more concerned with Philadelphia and New York which are NOT New Jersey cities. If we worried about attracting businesses, entertainment and residents into our cities, as much as we spend on transportation to export our jobs to the foreign cities across the rivers, our cities would be growing by leaps and bounds!
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

New Jersey Proud!

New Jerseyan

Default That's because OUR politicians get lots of

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil View Post
    The reason why our cities struggle is because politicians and New Jerseyans in general are more concerned with Philadelphia and New York which are NOT New Jersey cities. If we worried about attracting businesses, entertainment and residents into our cities, as much as we spend on transportation to export our jobs to the foreign cities across the rivers, our cities would be growing by leaps and bounds!
    campaign money from NY and Phila to keep our cities down. Dollars spent in Newark are dollars lost for NY and Phila. So these out of state cities do their best by promoting negative media about NJ cities, and pull our politicians' strings with campaign money (bribes). I hope that governor-elect Chris Christie, who was born in Newark, proves to be more than a NY/Philly puppet governor.

Quote Originally Posted by beatman10 View Post
    campaign money from NY and Phila to keep our cities down. Dollars spent in Newark are dollars lost for NY and Phila. So these out of state cities do their best by promoting negative media about NJ cities, and pull our politicians' strings with campaign money (bribes). I hope that governor-elect Chris Christie, who was born in Newark, proves to be more than a NY/Philly puppet governor.
    Beatman - I agree with you. So many of our governors - especially Corzine - have just been New York representatives. Chris Christie seems to be showing signs of being different, although I did e-mail him regarding the fact that he had Giuliani on the campaign trail with him. Giuliani mocked New Jersey when Christie Todd Whitman took New York to court over ownership on Ellis Island. I don't want a governor who bows down and kisses the rings of the New York Pennsylvanian representatives. I want a governor who will stand up for New Jersey and give them a run for their money - literally. I want us to go after those companies that move into New York and Philadelphia and attract them into building skyscrapers and office towers in OUR cities, Newark, Camden, Trenton, Paterson, etc. Without strong cities, New Jersey can never out of the fiscal hole we are in. As I have said before, cities are the heart of any state.

I have this article on our blog - although it is much of what I have said on the messageboard - The Exporting of New Jersey

New Jersey Proud!

New Jerseyan

Default Our politicians will bow down to anyone who will

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil View Post
    Beatman - I agree with you. So many of our governors - especially Corzine - have just been New York representatives. Chris Christie seems to be showing signs of being different, although I did e-mail him regarding the fact that he had Giuliani on the campaign trail with him. Giuliani mocked New Jersey when Christie Todd Whitman took New York to court over ownership on Ellis Island. I don't want a governor who bows down and kisses the rings of the New York Pennsylvanian representatives. I want a governor who will stand up for New Jersey and give them a run for their money - literally. I want us to go after those companies that move into New York and Philadelphia and attract them into building skyscrapers and office towers in OUR cities, Newark, Camden, Trenton, Paterson, etc. Without strong cities, New Jersey can never out of the fiscal hole we are in. As I have said before, cities are the heart of any state.

I have this article on our blog - although it is much of what I have said on the messageboard - The Exporting of New Jersey
    give them money and votes. Corzine approved that NY "tunnel to nowhere" project in order to win over union support. A politician will do ANYTHING to get reelected. They are not here to serve us, and not enough votors here bother to vote on Election Day, which ensures the same people get reelected over and over. And as long as we keep get force fed media from NY and Pa, things won't change