Thread: SPRINGSTEEN

Default SPRINGSTEEN

WENT TO SEE THE BOSS AT THE ARENA ON MAY 19 AND HE WAS GREAT. IT WAS ALOT DIFFERENT THAN AN E-STREET BAND CONCERT BUT HE ROCKED THE JOINT. ANYONE ELSE SEE THE SHOW I WOULD LIKE TO HERE WHAT YOU THOUGHT

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by davegering
    WENT TO SEE THE BOSS AT THE ARENA ON MAY 19 AND HE WAS GREAT. IT WAS ALOT DIFFERENT THAN AN E-STREET BAND CONCERT BUT HE ROCKED THE JOINT. ANYONE ELSE SEE THE SHOW I WOULD LIKE TO HERE WHAT YOU THOUGHT
    I am glad that you had a great time. From your writing I can tell that you are very enthusiastic about Bruce. I like some of Bruce's songs, but I am not interested enough to go to one of his concerts.

The CA Arena is a good place to see/hear a concert. Unless you are way up in the upper deck you should get a good view and if it is similar to other concerts you should be able to hear everything LOUD and CLEAR.
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

NJ & You, Perfect Together

Tourist

Hmmm....I saw Mr. Springsteen (who I've been a mad fan for since the early days) on VH1 Storytellers recently....and I was rather icked out because it looked like he had aquired a bunch of new hair. Surely not...but he looked hairily weird. I don't like it, no sir, I don't...I like my men real....

Default SPRINGSTEEN

Just got 4th row seats to see THE BOSS at the Continental Arena on Nov 16th. Called ticketmaster in Cleveland and got thru right away. Im psyched.

New Jersey Tour Guide Jersey Warren's Avatar

Default Bruce

I discovered Bruce way too late. I moved to Massachusetts in 1972 and lost touch with Jersey things. Of course, when Born In the USA came out, Springsteen became a nationwide phenomonon, but I could have kicked myself for not paying more attention when my younger brother Greg first mentioned him.

I also missed the fact that Bruce opened for Bonnie Raitt in Harvard Square which was 10 minutes from where I worked. That's when his style was more folksy.

Greg married a woman from Long Branch and now lives in Red Bank. His wife's best friend (who was maid of honor at their wedding) is married to a guy who was Clarence Clemmons' college roommate. As a result, they would get "the call" whenever the E-Street band was going to play unannounced at the Stony Pony, and stuff like that. Of course, backstage at concerts, etc.

I have never seen Springsteen in person. To be honest, he is not my favorite singer, and if he didn't have such a strong Jersey identity I probably would have overlooked him. I do like a few of his songs a lot, such as Hungry Heart, Born to Run, Tenth Avenue Freezeout, and, of course, Jersey Girl, which he didn't write. From what I have heard, his shows were/are sensational, not to be missed. Yet, I missed them!

When Bruce launched his Tunnel of Love tour in Worcester, Massachusetts in the 1980s, my ex-wife, daughter, and I took turns dialing the phone non-stop for two hours after they announced tickets were going on sale. We got two hours of busy signals, after which they announced on the radio that the concert was sold out! They said that entire telephone circuits in the Worcester area crashed from the call volume.

Too bad!
    Last edited by Jersey Warren; 04-17-2006 at 04:36 PM.

He is doing a Folk tour now and it kicks off in Asbury Park. I have tickets to see him Monday Night April 24th at the Convention Center in Asbury. He has a 16 Piece band playing with him.
    DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR

Springsteen tommorow night in ASBURY i cant wait
    DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR

THE BOSS was awsome and the Convention Center is a great place for a show. It was folk music with a blues and rock twist. Heres what Backstreets.com had to say

REHEARSAL 2: A DOUBLE SHOT FOR MY BABY'S LOVE SONG
    Tomorrow morning comes early, so we'll keep this short and sweet... rehearsals are doing what they're meant to do, with tonight's (the second of four Asbury Park dress rehearsals) noticebaly tighter than Thursday's, but no less raucous and fun. Two changes in the set: replacing "Adam Raised a Cain" was "Cadillac Ranch," weirdly but quite effectively mashed up with "Mystery Train"; and in place of "Devils & Dust," "If I Should Fall Behind" -- a new arrangement in three-quarter time that owed a great deal to "The Tennessee Waltz." Before the newly worked up "Fall Behind," Bruce called for a couple of shots for himself and the missus -- "sort of a disclaimer for whatever happens next." By the end, though, no apologies: "That mid-set pop really greases the wheels, man!" Bruce laughed. "Should have thought of that 30 years ago!" Yeah, the band was greased, the crowd was greased, it was a stellar show and a good time was had by all -- we'll just see how everybody feels at 6:30 a.m. Said Bruce with both a laugh and a cringe: "See you in the morning"
    DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR