Thread: Will the real lame duck NJ team please

New Jerseyan

Default Will the real lame duck NJ team please

leave our state immediately?? By reading our beloved NJ newspapers, you wouldn't know if it's the Devils or Nets who is leaving NJ. The NJSEA praises Bruce Ratner and the Nets, while they make it sound like the Devils are the traitors for moving to Newark. That new lease extension they gave the Nets practically gift wrapped the Brooklyn deal for Ratner. What's next? The NJSEA asking NJ taxpayers to pay for Ratner's moving expenses? These political hacks should all resign. They are the real traitors. As for the Nets:
    Move now!! Tonight! Bruce, be a man about and take your team over to Brooklyn. Play in one of the college auditoriums over there until your arena is built. Stop using us to fund Brooklyn!!

New Jerseyan

I could not have said it better! I hope the Meadowlands sinks in the swamp when the Devils leave! I for one am looking forward to going to Newark to see the Devils play in a world class arena instead of that hole they call home now.
    NEW JERSEY HISTORY SECOND TO NONE !

Tourist

Beatman, I agree totally with your post but don't give the NJSEA any more ideas on how to give away taxpayer money! I'm a long time Nets fan who will be sadden by the move but I don't blame Ratner because he's looking at what is in his best interest. He's getting millions from the state of New York for his project in Brooklyn along with millions from Barclays, and lets not forget our generous state of New Jersey who basically paid him not to let the Nets go play in the Newark Arena! My animosity lies with the pathetic politicians in this state that have carried out a anti-Newark arena crusade by which has brought about this team leaving. We still have the Devils who have represented this state wonderfully and given New Jerseyans great pride! Hopefully New Jerseyans will support their only true team that wear the state name proudly!

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vacgn38
    My animosity lies with the pathetic politicians in this state that have carried out a anti-Newark arena crusade by which has brought about this team leaving. We still have the Devils who have represented this state wonderfully and given New Jerseyans great pride! Hopefully New Jerseyans will support their only true team that wear the state name proudly!
    Actually - I would have to say that our politicians have an anti-New Jersey pro-New York leaning. It's the only explanation I have for some of the things they do when it comes New Jersey and New York. Not only how they treat the Giants and Jets - allowing them to carry the NY name while forgiving them 100's of millions of dollars in debt they owe the state, but then also wanting to build a billion dollar rail tunnel to export our jobs to New York and subsidize their economy - while our cities are struggling. Also, do you notice what license plates rental cars carry in the Newark Liberty International Airport?
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!