Thread: Kayaks

Lady ***** of the Forest

Default Kayaks

I have a Daggar Bayou. It's in the 'recreational' class of kayaks. But I've been known to use it for touring for a weekend by strapping dry bags to the front and stuffing them at my feet and behind the seat.

I've also pushed the limits of this kayak past it's expected use. Its a great all around kayak.

My one recommendation for kayakers is not to skimp on your paddle. A good paddle can keep your energy level going for a long time. A cheap, crappy paddle can exhaust you in no time.

What is your kayak, it's class, and what do you use it for? What is your one recommendation for other kayakers (experienced and new).

Tourist

Default Kayaking the Back Bay of AC

Does anyone know whether you're able to Kayak along the back bay all the way from Longport to AC? to Brigantine?

Tourist

really not sure about that on you could call the river keeper about that one

Default i have an ocean kayak

a sit on top. great excercise.

Tourist

Default ugh

You should be able to do it everywhere. I hate when we are governed by stupid rules. Did anyone see "Into The Wild?" where they said there was a 10 year wait list on going down the rapids of the grand canyon, and he basically said "screw you" and did it anyway? Great movie!

Jon
    Strengthathletes

Подтверждаю. Я присоединяюсь ко всему выше сказанному. Давайте обсудим этот вопрос. Здесь или в PM.