Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Giants new Stadium - Page 4

View Poll Results: What should the name of the Giants be...

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • New Jersey Giants

10 76.92%
  • Giants

1 7.69%
  • New York Giants

2 15.38%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Giants new Stadium

New Jerseyan

Default Re: New Jersey Giants T's

The two T-shirts with the 1970s-90s "GIANTS" helmet logo are old; they were probably made sometime in the mid-1980s.

The T-shirt with the "NJ" logo, I bought it in 2000 or thereabouts. That was the year the team switched back to the old "ny" helmet logo. There was an article in The Record that year about this guy who was so mad that the team went back to the old logo that he had these T-shirts made up with the "NJ" logo and the name "New Jersey Giants." The article gave the ordering info, and I ordered a couple.

A short time later, I believe, The Record ran another article saying how lawyers representing the Giants organization told the guy to stop selling those T-shirts or else they would sue him because they own the rights to the "ny" logo, and he was tampering with it. Or something to that effect.

I still hate how the team went back to the old "ny" logo.

Same with the Jets. I'd rather they stayed with their "JETS" helmet logo that they had in the 1970s-1990s.

Actually I'd really rather that they both change their names to New Jersey. And I make sure I say that to anybody who listens.

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A-Line
    The two T-shirts with the 1970s-90s "GIANTS" helmet logo are old; they were probably made sometime in the mid-1980s.

The T-shirt with the "NJ" logo, I bought it in 2000 or thereabouts. That was the year the team switched back to the old "ny" helmet logo. There was an article in The Record that year about this guy who was so mad that the team went back to the old logo that he had these T-shirts made up with the "NJ" logo and the name "New Jersey Giants." The article gave the ordering info, and I ordered a couple.

A short time later, I believe, The Record ran another article saying how lawyers representing the Giants organization told the guy to stop selling those T-shirts or else they would sue him because they own the rights to the "ny" logo, and he was tampering with it. Or something to that effect.
    Yeah - I supported that guy. I had a thing about him on the main part of the website, before the messageboard was added and before the AboutNewJersey.com went through a complete redesign. I don't think the Giants could have won though - because it's protected as free speech. Just like Mattel lost the case against Aqua's song "Barbie Girl". For instance - people who don't like Wal-Mart - me being one of those people - can take their logo and make it into one with a message against Wal-Mart. I was thinking tonight if it was me - I would like to fight against the Giants, Jets and Red Bulls - but I would really need a lawyer who would take the case on for free for the exposure. I don't think the teams have a leg to stand on when it comes to New Jerseyans modifying their logos.

One thing I would like to do is take the Giants, Jets and Red Bulls to court for false advertising. They are falsely advertising themselves as New York teams - when they are not. That case probably is less likely to win though.
    I still hate how the team went back to the old "ny" logo.

Same with the Jets. I'd rather they stayed with their "JETS" helmet logo that they had in the 1970s-1990s.

Actually I'd really rather that they both change their names to New Jersey. And I make sure I say that to anybody who listens.
    I tell everyone the same thing. What's so disturbing is how so many people don't care and don't even understand. I told someone - companies spend 100's of millions of dollars to get their name on a stadium because it's a form of marketing. Having a team carry your name is worth far more than that - and while New Jersey tax money is used to support these teams, New York gets all the marketing benefits. Everyone that plays an NFL video game, every shirt in the stores that carried NY, every newspaper article that mentions "NY" and on and on is free advertising for New York. I just don't know why people do not understand such a simple concept as marketing.

You would think that people would understand a lot more - with what has happened with one year of winning for Rutgers. Rutgers has had a 75% increase in campus tours this year, and a $25 million increase in donations to the school. Rutgers should be showing people the power of marketing - the power of winning. When people not around this area think about going to a Giants or Jets game - they aren't thinking - I'm going to go to New Jersey and see the Giants play. They say - I'm going to New YORK to see the Giants play. New Jersey to them doesn't exist and is definitely not associated with the Giants, Jets or Red Bulls because New Jersey is never mentioned.

BTW - it's so funny how the Giants and Jets have made people completely forget that they ever had logos without NY on them. I was talking to my cousin about how the Giants have never won a Super Bowl while wearing NY. And he said - well what about in the 80's and 90's. I told him - their logo didn't contain the NY - it only had "Giants". I never want the Giants, Jets and now the Red Bulls to win any championship game while playing in New Jersey and wearing NY on their uniforms. I wish our politicians had the backbone to take a stand for New Jersey - but I'm sure they get handouts from NY.

Just in case people aren't familiar with the lyrics to Aqua's Barbie Girl song - here are the lyrics...
    Aqua
    Aquarium (1997)
    Barbie Girl

- Hi Barbie!
    - Hi Ken!
    - You wanna go for a ride?
    - Sure, Ken!
    - Jump in!
    - Ha ha ha ha!

I'm a Barbie girl in the Barbie world
    Life in plastic, it's fantastic
    You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere
    Imagination, life is your creation

Come on, Barbie, let's go party

I'm a blonde single girl in the fantasy world
    Dress me up, take your time, I'm your dollie
    You're my doll, rock and roll, feel the glamour and pain
    Kiss me here, touch me there, hanky-panky

You can touch, you can play
    You can say I'm always yours, oooh whoa

Come on, Barbie, let's go party, ha ha ha, yeah
    Come on, Barbie, let's go party, oooh, oooh

Make me walk, make me talk, do whatever you please
    I can act like a star, I can beg on my knees
    Come jump in, be my friend, let us do it again
    Hit the town, fool around, let's go party

You can say I'm always yours
    You can say I'm always yours

- Oh, I'm having so much fun!
    - Well, Barbie, we're just getting started!
    - Oh, I love you Ken!
    You can watch the video on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEzh10_xoqw

Mattel wasn't too happy with the way the song portrayed Barbie - but the judged ruled against Mattel...
    Finally, We Can Enjoy 'Barbie Girl' With A Clear Conscience
    It's parody, not trademark infringement, court asserts.
    Jul 25 2002 6:24 PM EDT
    By Jennifer Vineyard

Saying that "the parties are advised to chill," a federal appeals court judge declined on Wednesday to reinstate Mattel's 1997 suit against MCA Records over Aqua's pop hit "Barbie Girl," which the toy company had claimed was both trademark infringement and defamation.

"If this were a sci-fi melodrama, it might be called Speech-Zilla meets Trademark Kong," wrote Ninth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals judge Alex Kozinski, in his upholding of a lower court ruling that threw out Mattel's suit as well as MCA's countersuit for defamation (see "Aqua Triumphant In 'Barbie Girl' Lawsuit, To Release Home Video In June").

Mattel had originally claimed that "Barbie Girl" sullied their iconic doll's image with sexual innuendo. In the song, the female vocalist refers to herself as a "blonde bimbo girl" and sings, "I'm a Barbie girl, in my Barbie world/ Life in plastic, it's fantastic/ You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere." A male singer, whom she calls Ken, exhorts her during the bridge to "go party." The toymaker also said the song confused listeners into thinking the company backed it.

The ruling deemed the song a parody and protected under free speech.

"The problem arises when trademarks transcend their identifying purpose," Kozinski wrote for the three-judge panel. "Some trademarks enter our public discourse and become an integral part of our vocabulary. How else do you say that something's 'the Rolls Royce of its class'? What else is a quick fix, but a Band-Aid? Does the average consumer know to ask for aspirin as 'acetyl salicylic acid'? ... Once imbued with such expressive value, the trademark becomes a word in our language and assumes a role outside the bounds of trademark law."

Further, the judge ruled, the lyrics confirm that the use of the trademark is designed to convey a message about the song and not to identify the product's producer. "If we see a painting titled 'Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup,' we're unlikely to believe that Campbell's has branched into the art business," Kozinski wrote. "Nor, upon hearing Janis Joplin croon 'Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz?,' would we suspect that she and the carmaker had entered into a joint venture."

MCA had defended the song as "social commentary" and had stickered Aqua's album Aquarium with a disclaimer that noted the song was not "created or approved" by the maker of Barbie dolls.

"This decision reiterates the power of free speech," MCA President Jay Boberg said in a statement. "This ruling ... affirms our artists' rights to express themselves freely. For that reason, MCA was committed to defending this litigation to the furthest extent necessary to ensure our artists' freedoms."

A Mattel spokesperson was not available for comment.
    The development of the NJ Giants shirts were a political message - or at the very least - commentary on what the Giants TRULY are not what they pretend to be - thus it is protected under law amd the Giants didn't have a leg to stand on.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

New Jersey Tour Guide

Thumbs down Giants new stadium

Hi Jersey Devil, That is awful about that Barbie Doll song. As for the New Jersey stadium name with NY in it I agree with you but there does not seem to be much that can be done. Change would have to come from the powers that be and I am not sure who that is. Marianita

New Jerseyan

Quote Originally Posted by Marianita
    As for the New Jersey stadium name with NY in it I agree with you but there does not seem to be much that can be done. Change would have to come from the powers that be and I am not sure who that is. Marianita
    I do agree that after so many years of having two New York-named NFL teams playing in the New Jersey Meadowlands, it sure can seem like not much can be done about getting them to change their names. The Giants, in particular, have been very stubborn in even discussing the topic. Just ask Jersey Devil about his brief conversation with a Giants official at a conference in this state last year. I believe the Giants guy pretty much brushed him off when Jersey Devil broached the subject.

But that shouldn't keep us from talking with each other about how absurd the whole thing is.

Imagine if when the Nets basketball team moves to New York in a few years -- as they are planning to do -- they decide to keep calling themselves the New Jersey Nets. ... New Yorkers would go bonkers! The people would never let them get away with it!

That's how it should be here.

I honestly think that if more New Jerseyans took time out to really think about it, they would realize how crazy it is that the Jets and Giants pretty much refuse to even acknowledge us -- after all the support we've given them all these years!

Make signs, shirts, bumper stickers ... whatever it takes.

NEW JERSEY GIANTS
    NEW JERSEY JETS

Quote Originally Posted by A-Line
    I do agree that after so many years of having two New York-named NFL teams playing in the New Jersey Meadowlands, it sure can seem like not much can be done about getting them to change their names. The Giants, in particular, have been very stubborn in even discussing the topic. Just ask Jersey Devil about his brief conversation with a Giants official at a conference in this state last year. I believe the Giants guy pretty much brushed him off when Jersey Devil broached the subject.
    yes - it was Steve Tisch, co-owner of the Gaints. A couple of years ago he was the key note speaker for the Governors Conference on Tourism - that's the New Jersey governor. Anyway - he completely brushed me off and said "I'm telling you right now - NEVER HAPPENING" and then turned his back on me. This is the person who was just on stage saying how great New Jersey is and how marketing is so important for the state. They have no respect for our state. They view themselves as a NY team who happens to play in New Jersey, while having their hands out for our tax dollars. Even during the playoffs last year they made it a point to leave on the bus from Times Square, unlike normal teams that leave from their stadiums - like the Yankees.
    But that shouldn't keep us from talking with each other about how absurd the whole thing is.
    What we really need is make it so it's so unpopular for them to be carrying the NY logo on their uniforms that they are forced to change them. The problem is that not enough New Jerseyans have a sense of self pride.
    Imagine if when the Nets basketball team moves to New York in a few years -- as they are planning to do -- they decide to keep calling themselves the New Jersey Nets. ... New Yorkers would go bonkers! The people would never let them get away with it!

I honestly think that if more New Jerseyans took time out to really think about it, they would realize how crazy it is that the Jets and Giants pretty much refuse to even acknowledge us -- after all the support we've given them all these years!
    As you say - New York would never allow it. Ratner already said that Brooklyn - or as I like to call them - Crooklyn - has a better name recognition and reputation than New Jersey. That's why I'm on the fence for supporting the Nets. Yes they carry NJ on their uniforms - but only grudgingly. New Jerseyans need to get a backbone and stand up for their state. Show some home pride!

I'm a New Jerseyan FOR New JERSEY and only New Jersey. Many people think I'm a fool for my state pride. My cousin has even questioned why I get pissed if he says things negative about New Jersey (I"m not talking about constructive criticism - I do that all the time - but basically statements like "New Jersey sucks", "There is nothing to do here", etc). But on Power of 10 this week with Drew Carey - one of the questions was "What percentage of American feel personally offended by criticism of America" - The answer was 62% I'm no different when it comes to New Jersey. I feel personally attacked when New Jersey is attacked. What is wrong with a sense of pride in where you live? as I often say - I'm a New Jerseyan first - an American second.

NEW JERSEY GIANTS
    NEW JERSEY JETS
    Last year - I wore my "DropNY.com sweatshirt for the first day for one of the tours. There were so many positive comments. I've even had people at Continental Airlines Arena make comments during a Devils game. I was waiting in line and heard people laughing behind me - I turned and they said "we love your sweatshirt". See - there are New Jerseyans that care. But they don't care enough to stop going to their games.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

New Jersey Proud!

New Jerseyan

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
    yes - it was Steve Tisch, co-owner of the Gaints. A couple of years ago he was the key note speaker for the Governors Conference on Tourism - that's the New Jersey governor. Anyway - he completely brushed me off and said "I'm telling you right now - NEVER HAPPENING" and then turned his back on me. This is the person who was just on stage saying how great New Jersey is and how marketing is so important for the state. They have no respect for our state.
    Man, if Tisch said something like that to me, I would've told him off right there! ... I'm not saying you should've done that. I'm just saying that's how pissed off I would've been.

I wonder what more people in this state would think of the Giants if they really knew how the team felt about us!

The problem is that not enough New Jerseyans have a sense of self pride.
    I know exactly where you're coming from. I've spoken online with lots of other Giants fans from Jersey and have been met with indifference plenty of times when I bring up the whole New York name issue.

But I've also discovered that there have been a lot of people who feel as we do -- that the Giants and Jets should be called New Jersey.

It's those people who give me hope that all is not lost.

Last year - I wore my "DropNY.com sweatshirt for the first day for one of the tours. There were so many positive comments. I've even had people at Continental Airlines Arena make comments during a Devils game. I was waiting in line and heard people laughing behind me - I turned and they said "we love your sweatshirt". See - there are New Jerseyans that care. But they don't care enough to stop going to their games.
    New Jersey Devils fans are probably the most proud "New Jersey" fans in the state. They have been through a lot. As you probably know, back in 1995, when the team was about to win its first championship, the owner at the time, John McMullen, was threatening to move the team to Nashville. One big reason why the Devils stayed in New Jersey is because of the team's diehard fans and the pressure they put on then-Gov. Whitman to make a deal. It also helped that McMullen was from New Jersey, and he really didn't want to move the team.

And today's current Devils owner Mr. Vanderbeek is also adamant about keeping the team here.

So I'm not surprised that your T-shirt got such a positive reaction at the game. If anyone does, Devils fans have a real connection to this state.

Those are the types of people who prove that there really are New Jersey sports fans in this state who have pride.

I should know, I've been a Devils fans since the team came here in 1982. And I still have my ticket stub and game program from the team's first-ever win -- which just happened to come against, believe it or not, the hated New York Rangers!

Go New Jersey!

NEW JERSEY DEVILS
    NEW JERSEY GIANTS
    NEW JERSEY JETS
    & (for now)
    NEW JERSEY NETS

New Jerseyan

Default Nice store!

Quote Originally Posted by davegering View Post
    We have recently Bulked up on the amount OF New Jersey Devils product we carry in our store (another battle that I won). My buyers asked mei f I wanted to carry Jets or Giants product and I said no based on the fact that they refuse to call themselves Jersey. The RUTGERS product is still selling great. Its fun to see the pride that the Football team has created.
    I was at Newark Airport yesterday morning and visited your New Jersey Store for the first time. Nice place! You really offer a lot of stuff. I bought a couple of refrigerator magnets and saw a few other items -- books, shirts, postcards, photo albums, and other magnets -- that I would like to purchase some day.

One aspect of your store that I got a kick out of was your one little section that offered a few New York items for sale. Usually it is the other way around at these types of gift shops -- tons of New York stuff with a small section of New Jersey stuff. ... Your store has tons of New Jersey stuff with a small section of New York stuff!

Again, nice store!

New Jersey Tour Guide

Default Giants New Stadium

Hi A Line. I too visited the Jersey Store. I loved it, so many nice things all Jersey. I also had lunch with Jersey Devil and Dave and his wife. My son and daughter-in-law and little Christian were there too. I sure do miss NJ and will visit the Jersey Store when I go back. Take care. Marianita

Thanks for the coments about the store. I guess you were there on Tuesday which is my day off. I hope my associate took good care of you.
    DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR

Recent Resident

I think that it should be: New York Giants

New Jerseyan

Quote Originally Posted by miki2008 View Post
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by A-Line View Post
    Why?
    I think they may be a spammer to get their signature indexed by Google. People often post one liners that deal with the subject of the post. I usually delete them if they are REALLY general. I've had people come on and just post "that is really interesting" or "you really got me thinking about things" in about 20 different threads. Those kind immediately get deleted. This poster seems to have been more specific, so I'm first seeing if they respond at all.

Note: I deleted their signature unless they come back to post and participate in actual conversation. It may seem harsh, but you would NOT believe how much spam I have to delete. I don't want to encourage any spammers to use these tactics on this board.

New Jersey Proud!

New Jerseyan

Default So, you are saying New Jersey taxpayers should continue

Quote Originally Posted by miki2008 View Post
    to subsidize NY sports teams? Last I heard, our state is broke! A good way
    to start trimming the fat is to kill the new Giant stadium deal. They want to play for NYC? Then let them move to NY, and let NY foot the bill!!

Seems like Trenton may finally be coming to their senses....

N.J. Sports Authority audit is sought by lawmakers amid mounting debt
    By Ted Sherman/The Star-Ledger
    March 03, 2010, 9:55PM

TRENTON — Senate Majority Leader Barbara Buono today called for a state audit of the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority, saying the state agency’s books were in such disarray they could not be trusted.

In a special hearing of Senate Legislative Oversight Committee, Buono (D-Middlesex) said the agency’s financial statements were "incomprehensible," filled with randomly allocated expenses and revenues that she likened to creative accounting to show a profit.

"It doesn’t make any sense to rely on these statements," said Buono.
    She said that only that an independent examination by the State Auditor would restore her faith in the authority’s reports.

Authority officials defended their budget statements, saying they are no different than in past years.

The hearing came in the wake of a report by the governor’s transition team that found the authority’s business model was broke.

The authority today told Buono’s committee that it would seek a $30 million state bailout to help bridge its growing budget gap. While much of the agency’s debt is already being picked up by the state, authority officials said this marked the first time they have asked for assistance covering operating expenses.

"We’re in a difficult financial position," acknowledged Dennis Robinson, president and CEO of the authority.

Created by the Legislature in 1971, the sports authority operates the Meadowlands sports complex in East Rutherford — which includes the Meadowlands racetrack and the Izod Center arena.

Losses have been mounting in recent years, mostly as a result of falling horse racing revenues that once served as a cash cow for the state, leaving the authority awash in red ink.

The additional state funding the authority was tied to the state’s contract with the Jets and Giants in connection with the New Meadowlands Stadium, which is expected to generate added economic benefits — such as additional sales tax revenues — to the state.

Robinson said the contract provides for half those additional revenues to be directed back to the sports authority.

Buono, though, said the authority was in this position in part because it had cut a sweetheart deal with the two NFL teams to keep them in New Jersey at any cost. Giants Stadium had been generating $20 million in annual revenues. Instead, the two NFL teams, which financed the new stadium, are now obligated for just $6.3 million in lease payments.

"Maybe I just don’t get it," she said. "Whose interest are we serving?"
    Robinson defended the contract, and said the agency has been cutting costs and continues to generate revenue.

Resolution of the authority’s financial problems, though, still rests with addressing the horse racing losses and the competition from outside the state that will only make things worse.

"Unfortunately, the current financial structure in place since 1971 can no longer support the financial, operating, capital and contractual requirements of the authority," he remarked.
    To bad it's a little to late - Codey screwed New Jersey over and now we have to live with the debt and consequences.

New Jersey Proud!

New Jersey Tour Guide

Default Giants New Stadium

NEW JERSEY GIANTS
    NEW JERSEY JETS
    I don't see what the New Yorkers could do about it. It is a personal right to keep the New Jersey logo. True, it may cause trouble but this sort of thing is seen all the time if you think about it. If I am a new Jersean I am going to remain as such and refuse to change. I left my heart in New Jersey and have numerous shirts and tote bags and magazines to prove it. I am not going to make any changes. Think about it. I cannot see anyone changing their logo for anything.

New Jerseyan

Quote Originally Posted by Marianita View Post
    I don't see what the New Yorkers could do about it. It is a personal right to keep the New Jersey logo. True, it may cause trouble but this sort of thing is seen all the time if you think about it. If I am a new Jersean I am going to remain as such and refuse to change. I left my heart in New Jersey and have numerous shirts and tote bags and magazines to prove it. I am not going to make any changes. Think about it. I cannot see anyone changing their logo for anything.
    New Yorkers would raise holy hell if the Nets moved to Brooklyn and kept the "New Jersey" name. There would be tons of criticism. The fans, the media, the politicians -- they would all put so much pressure on the team to change its name that it would be unbearable.

The Nets know this. As a matter of fact, the team has already removed the words "New Jersey" from their uniforms, as of last year, and removed most mentions of New Jersey from their team Web site ... and they aren't even moving for another two years, minimum!

New Yorkers would raise holy hell if the Nets moved to Brooklyn and kept the "New Jersey" name. There would be tons of criticism. The fans, the media, the politicians -- they would all put so much pressure on the team to change its name that it would be unbearable.

The Nets know this. As a matter of fact, the team has already removed the words "New Jersey" from their uniforms, as of last year, and removed most mentions of New Jersey from their team Web site ... and they aren't even moving for another two years, minimum!
    Exactly! And only New Jersey rolls over and tells our teams and any events that take place in New jersey - you want to piss on us and be called New York, fine with us. At least you are in New Jersey.

I was at a Meadowlands event where the president of the NJSEA was the keynote speaker, I went up to him afterward and mentioned it. He claimed it didn't matter, that everyone knows that they play in New Jersey. he also claimed to know NOTHING about the Earth Day concerts being promoted as New York. Although he was not president at that time - he most likely knew it. To the group, he also touted how the Giants Stadium was the ONLY sports stadium to be built without public money. I went up to some people I knew afterward who had personally congratulated him and went over the NUMEROUS things he left out from that statement, like forgiving the Giants 100's of millions in back lease payments they owed the state on the old Stadium, or NJ no longer collecting the money on the ticket sales of other events, such as concerts and such that the state WAS collecting with the old stadium. There is so much that Codey gave away in this deal to the Giants and Jets you could sail a cargo tanker through it - FULLY LOADED.

Now the politicians have finally decided that this deal may not have been the best for New Jersey. Just now??? This thread is from 2005!!!!

New Jersey Proud!

Default New Stadium

There is a lot of chatter on 660 the Fan about the ticket prices, I havent heard any on the name issue.

] Jokesters, advertisers and political bloggers check out
    Penn Jersey Forums login as guest, password 2011

New Jerseyan

Quote Originally Posted by njriverman View Post
    There is a lot of chatter on 660 the Fan about the ticket prices, I havent heard any on the name issue.
    Sadly, the Giants and Jets -- but particularly the Giants -- have effectively quashed any attempt by fans to have the team names changed. Pretty much their attitude is "It's our team, and we can call it whatever the heck we want to call it."

It's been 34 years (Giants) and 26 years (Jets), respectively, and most fans who at one time cared immensely have given up the fight. Some have accepted the New York names, grudgingly, and continue to support either team. Most others simply became fans of out-of-state teams -- part of the reason why there are so many fans of the opposing team in Giants Stadium on any particular game day.

And then there are a few fans, such as myself and a few others, who just cannot bring ourselves to sit idly by. And who never hesitate to point out the injustice being done to New Jersyans by the New York-named sports teams.

It is what it is, but it sucks and I hate it.

New Jersey Tour Guide

Angry Giants New Stadium

Hi A Line. This is a problem that calls for a comprmise although I cannot figure what it would be. Unless the New Jersyans are willing to change their name. I don't think they would so there is going to be problems. Personally I don't know why the New Yorkers would make such a fuss about it and besides the fuss would die down after they did raise hell. I feel that the New Jerseans have a right to keep their name and to be proud of where they come from.
    If it were me I would not change my name. It is probably stubborn pride but I wouldn't do it. I do not see anything that can be done about this situation. But as Jersey Devil said, ''We can talk about the absurdity of it.
    Marianita