Thread: Janet Evanovich-Stephanie Plum series

Lady ***** of the Forest

Default Janet Evanovich-Stephanie Plum series

I happen to be a fan of the series of books that the author Janet Evanovich writes. The main character is Stephanie Plum, someone who sort of falls into a job she never thought she'd do and falls for two guys she never thought she'd fall for.

If you would like to discuss the books, this would be the thread for that.

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

I have to start reading these books again. They are very funny and I love that I know so much of the area they take place in. I always go to Quakerbridge Mall for instance - and it's only 15 minutes from me.

Although some things in the books don't put New Jersey in the best light - they do contain other locales that many people aren't familar with, such as the Pine Barrens.

It would be cool to offer a Stephanie Plum tour and show fans around.

Just to let people know - I was on the Janet Evanovich website and she will be at a book signing for her latest book "Ten Big Ones" which will be released June 22nd. The signing will take place at Menlo Park Mall in Edison on June 26th.

Stephanie if you want a signed copy - I suggest you give me your address.

Recent Resident

Default Evanovich Alternative

If you like mysteries set in NJ, I recommend Jane Rubino's Cat Austen series. Her sense of humor is sharper and more clever than Evanovich - Evanovich is more like a slapstick, Rubino is more Sopranos, but a PG13 rated version. NJ mysteries take up just about all of my summer reading.

Default Re: Evanovich Alternative

Welcome Barb. I hope you will consider joining the forum. It's slow right now - but hopefully as people start finding it they will share their New Jersey experiences with others.

I haven't heard about this author. I'll have to check them out. Does the books take place all over the state - or is their really a central location? Stephanie Plum is usually around just Trenton - with some excusions outside the area.

Recent Resident

Default Rubinos Cat Austen books

The Rubino series is set around the Jersey shore primarily Atlantic City and County and Ocean City. She has a clever writing style and her dialogue really is the best.

Tourist

Default GOOD READ!

heyy im alex. i love the stephanie plum novels. okay so they arent 'to kill a mocking bird' but thats probably part of thier charm, thier easy to read. the 12th book is coming out soon, looks good, but its really jumped from last the last books story line to the currant one. ah well. pls lets get a forum on this going, i wld love to talk plum series with someone.