Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JERSEY STORE

The Funny thing about Cinncinatti airport is that we also have a store named Kentucky their also. our company likes the under dog states
    DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR

New Jerseyan

I also e-mailed Continental about the new york/Newark thing and asked for a response. I suggest others do it as well, it only took a couple of minutes.
    NEW JERSEY HISTORY SECOND TO NONE !

New Jersey Tour Guide

Default Jersey Store

Hi Dave. That is just too funny. lol. Could that be why we have a ''New York Life'' here? lol. Marianita

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NJPRIDE
    I also e-mailed Continental about the new york/Newark thing and asked for a response. I suggest others do it as well, it only took a couple of minutes.
    NJPride -

I did get a response back from Continental.

Dear Mr. Rosetta,

Thank you for writing to us.

Our referencing New York in conjunction with the Newark is an effort to make our customers aware that New York is in close proximity to Newark, otherwise they may not consider flying into New Jersey if they are visiting New York City.

Even so, I will include your feedback in our monthly report to Marketing for their review.

Regards,

Dana Gabriel
    Customer Care Manager
    I do appreciate them taking the time to address this, but I will be responding back. I am going to suggest that there has to be a different way of educating people that you can get to New York from Newark without diminishing the fact that the airport is IN New JERSEY and is a New JERSEY airport. Have you gotten a response yet?

BTW =- I will be mentioning in their letter that they do not include New Jersey when they talk about JFK - New York, NY - John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) JFK can be used as an alternate airport also for getting to New Jersey and the one serviced by Virgin Airlines.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

New Jersey Tour Guide

Smile

Hi Jersey Devil, I had the impression that the Newark/ New York airport was in New York, not New Jersey. But I have been reading the posts where you said that Newark is in New Jersey which I already knew, not New York. Please clarify. Marianita

New Jerseyan

J.D., I got the same response, word for word. I still say everybody should e-mail them. And I did point out how they dont say N.J./J.F.K. or N.J./L.G.A. .
    Last edited by NJPRIDE; 03-22-2007 at 12:08 AM.

We have contacted Port Authority about the JERSEY! store not being listed on their Web Site. They said they will be correcting the problem. They have called the Managing company of The airport for an updated list. The GM for Port Authority at Newark is named Sue Behr and loves our store and shops their all the time. I will speak with her next time I see her about the Newark/NY situation. I have people coming in the store all the time asking why i sell only Jersey stuff when we are in New York
    DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR

New Jerseyan

Dave, It seems to me we should also contact our socalled representatives and get them to correct this situation about how people think they are in n.y. when they are in N.J.. It seems maybe some signs welcoming them to N.J. when they are at the airport are in order! Put a Welcome to N.J. sign that has a picture of the Statue Of Liberty on it outside of your store. And when somebody questions you about it you can explain the truth about the statue to them . You could be a pioneer on getting the truth out about the statue and a modern day New Jersey hero like the Rutgers coach. You may think I am joking about the sign for your store but I am dead serious!
    Last edited by NJPRIDE; 03-22-2007 at 10:46 AM.

I think it is a great idea. I do tell people about the Statue of Liberty because we sell a Charm and a necklace of the statue of Liberty with Jersey on it. I will persue this.
    DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR

I sent the following message to the Port Authority of NJ & NY.

You don't include the "Jersey Store" in your listing of shops in Terminal A. I hope that you will update the website to include this store which has been there for a number of years.

Also, it would be very nice if Newark Liberty International Airport had signs welcoming people to New Jersey. All other airports promote their home city and state. Newark Liberty should be doing the same. It is a New JERSEY airport and people should be aware of this fact.

Thank you -

Robert Rosetta, President
    AboutNewJersey.com
    All those people who wish to send a message to the port authority concerning this - here is the link - http://www.panynj.gov/feedback.php

Let them know that New Jersey should be promoted at our OWN airport!
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

New Jersey Proud!

New Jersey Tour Guide

Default Jersey Store

Hi Dave, I wonder why the Jersey Store was not included.. It makes it difficult for people to find it. Hopefully you can get that taken care of. Marianita

New Jerseyan

Default Jersey Mysteries

I posted this list a while back - mystery books set in NJ - I bet a lot of them may be out of print and you can maybe get some paperback remainders for airline reading.
    NJ can boast a lot of mystery writers, and mysteries set in the Garden State. Some of my recommendations of NJ Mystery writers:
    Jane Rubino - the Cat Austen series - my favorite
    Harlan Coben - the Myron Bolitar series
    Jane Isenberg - the Bel Barrett series
    James Swain - with "hero" Tony Valentine
    Valerie Wilson Wesley - the Tamara Hale series
    Jane Kelly - the Meg Daniels series
    Janet Evanovich - the Stephanie Plum series
    Kate Gallison - the Nick Magarac series and the Mother Lavinia series
    Lee Harris - the Christine Bennett series
    Harris, Wesley don't also set their books in NJ - other NJ mystery writers with books set elsewhere - Patricia MacDonald, Grace Edwards, Valerie Wolzein. Any additions?

New Jersey Tour Guide

Default Jersey store

Thankyou NJBarb for the info. I appreciate it. I am hoping to be at the Jersey Store in a few days. It is great to know of some good reading material. Marianita

I went in to see Dave last week. While on Liberty of the Sea media preview sailing - I wore my Devils Jersey on Saturday and a woman from Alaska asked where to she can get a Devils Jersey like mine (her son loves the Devils). She was in NY and they were selling them for $185 and she was even told by the guy they were knock-offs. She had asked me how much I had gotten mine for - which was about $50 (it's one of the inexpensive ones that use the iron on instead of the embroidery as the official-game jerseys have). Anyway - I directed her to the Jersey Store in Terminal A at Newark Liberty International Airport and said that they were scheduled to get in Devils stuff, but I wasn't sure if they had gotten it in yet. I hope she stopped into the Jersey Store on her way out anyway.

NJBarb - I also plan on offering these books through our Amazon affiliated bookstore.

New Jersey Proud!

New Jersey Tour Guide

Smile Jersey Store

Hi Jersey Devil, You saved that lady a lot of money. I sure hope she stopped at the Jersey Store. NY is expensive anyway. I am sure she is greatful to you. Marianita