Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JERSEY STORE

Default JERSEY STORE

I MANAGE THE JERSEY! STORE AT NEWARK AIRPORT AND WOULD APPRECIATE ANY IDEAS ON MERCHNADISE RELATED TO NEW JERSEY THAT YOU THINK WE SHOULD CARRY. YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT DGE7900682@AOL.COM OR POST TO THIS FORUM THANKS DAVE

Quote Originally Posted by davegering
    I MANAGE THE JERSEY! STORE AT NEWARK AIRPORT AND WOULD APPRECIATE ANY IDEAS ON MERCHNADISE RELATED TO NEW JERSEY THAT YOU THINK WE SHOULD CARRY. YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT DGE7900682@AOL.COM OR POST TO THIS FORUM THANKS DAVE
    Road Maps
    Travel books
    Picture books about NJ
    Postcards of NJ
    Maybe books about NJ (People, Places, Things and Events)
    NJ souvenirs (magnets, small statues, bumper stickers, clothing, etc.)
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

NJ & You, Perfect Together

Default JERSEY STORE

THANKS ANTHONY WE CARRY ALOT OF THESE PRODUCTS. WE HAVE POSTCARDS BOOKS KEYCHAINS MAGNETS AND OTHER SOUVY TYPE STUFF. WE ALSO HAVE A LINE OF JERSEY GIRL PRODUCT AND HAND BAGS MADE OUT OF OLD SPRINGSTEEN, BON JOVI AND SINATRA ALBUM COVERS. WE ALSO HAVE HANDBAGS MADE OUT OF OLD JERSEY LICENCE PLATES.

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Dave - don't worry - I haven't forgotten about going up there to vist you and the store. Just been massively busy. I'm the official site for Celebrate NJ! - plus I just got back from the Governors Conference on Tourism and I'm on the board for Princeton Battlefield Area Preservation Society.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

New Jerseyan

Talking Jersey Store

Dave , A couple thoughts for your Jersey store would be maybe a flag for Ellis Island with New Jersey printed on it afterall its in N.J. Another suggestion is CDs by N.J. musicians . A third would be N.J. college hats, shirts, etc . With the recent success of Rutgers football I know alot of people are looking for these things and there doesnt seem to be many places to buy these things . If you go to other states they support their state univ. all over and it is easy to get these things . Also with the Devils moving to Newark its a good opportunity to show support for them also by selling Devil souveniers . Newark, The Devils, Newark airport - Perfect Together ! And why not sell Statue of Liberty stuff too we all know its also in N.J. !
    Last edited by NJPRIDE; 03-05-2006 at 09:57 PM.
    NEW JERSEY HISTORY SECOND TO NONE !

New Jersey Tour Guide

Smile The Jersey store

Hi Dave, You have a nice selection there. Hopefully you carry coffee cups with Jersey things on them and maybe lightweight jackets, the nylon kind that say ''New Jersey, the Garden state'' on the front. I would suggest stationary with something Jersey on the top. That would be unique. I plan to visit as soon as soon as I can get there but have decided to go in June instead of May as it starts getting dreadfully hot here about then. lol. You might consider New Jersey puzzles for kids too. Marianita

New Jerseyan

Default N.J. Store

How about New Jersey battleship items , THE NATIONS MOST DECORATED BATTLESHIP EVER . This might also be a good idea because you cant buy anything up here , you have to go to Camden . If more people knew about the ship in north Jersey it would give us something else to be proud of . This is something else our politicians should push beyoud the license plates .

New Jersey Tour Guide

Default Jersey store

A battleship is a wonderful idea. Now would it be assembled or need to be assembled? They could come in large or small sizes as children would really like them too. They would also make a great addition to a man's office. That is one of the best ideas I have heard yet. It would be a unique item and probably sell very well. Battleships make great gifts too. It would also look great in the window of the Jersey store. Thankyou for the suggestion Jersey Devil. I wonder why I did not think of it. lol. Marianita

Thanks for all your ideas I will pass them on to my buyer. I have been after them sinse we openned to do something with The Battleship New Jersey. Our corporate office is in Minnesota so it takes me some time to convince them of some new ideas but if i keep hitting on it i usually win. The statue of Liberty stuff is a great idea but we cant find any vendors who will put NJ on it for us. We are still looking and it would sell great. I always tell people that it is in NJ and they do not believe me.
    Last edited by davegering; 03-07-2006 at 04:28 PM.
    DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR

New Jersey Tour Guide

Smile Jersey store

Hi Dave, Let me know how the battleship issue comes out. lol. You sound as if you do have great ideas. It takes time because someone in Minnesota has to put out some money the get things started. You know how it is when it comes to money. Anyway be sure to save me a tee shirt and some coffee mugs, a calender and some other stuff. lol. Oh yes, a battleship for my sons, 2 of them. Take care. Marianita

New Jerseyan

Talking Jersey store

Dave ,My wife and I started visiting N.J. lighthouses this past summer and did not know how popular they were to visit until we started doing so . We then decided to collect statues of each one after we visited , also not knowing how popular they are to collect . And they seem to be a popular item to collect . I believe statues are made of all of N.J. lighthouses .The brand my wife and I buy is This Little Light of Mine ,distributed by Harbour Lights . The wheels in my head are turning if I come up with anything else I will let you know .

New Jersey Tour Guide

Smile lighthouses

Hi NJ Pride, What a cool idea, lighthouses. I have a postcard with a picture of a lighthouse in Cape May and was thinking of having it enlarged so I could frame it. Lighthouses should really sell well. What would be really nice is to get one that lights up. I am sure they are available. Marianita

Met OJ Simpson at the store Yesterday he was my idol when I was a kid.
    DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR

Quote Originally Posted by davegering
    Met OJ Simpson at the store Yesterday he was my idol when I was a kid.
    And now? So what did he buy? I had to move this post Dave - it really belonged in the "Jersey Store" thread, not in the "NJ Tourism Slogan" thread.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

New Jersey Proud!

According to the Newark Liberty International Airport website the Jersey store does NOT exist. I wonder why the omission. Is it because the Port Authority of New YORK and new jersey - doesn't like to acknowledge that Newark is IN New Jersey? A person I know was flying back on American airlines from LA and the pilot didn't say "welcome to New JERSEY" - oh no - he had to say "welcome to the New YORK AREA" I have another comment - where the hell are all the welcome to New Jersey signs in the airport like you see in any other airport. When you fly into Orlando, Nashville, Chicago, Portland, Indianapolis, etc - you know what the hell city and state you are in. If you look at Continental's website - they call it - New York/Newark Liberty International Airport. Since when did the name change to that?

BTW I left the following feedback to Continental...

I wanted to make a complaint about your naming of Newark Liberty International Airport. If you go to http://www.continental.com/web/en-US.../maps/ewr.aspx You will see that you INCORRECTLY call it New York/Newark Liberty International Airport. Since when has the name changed to include New York?

I also hope that unlike American Airlines - that your pilots welcome visitors to New JERSEY, not New York or "The New York Area". Newark Liberty International Airport is located in New Jersey and we are NOT New York. I hope that the website will be changed and that yoru pilots and staff will welcome people to New Jersey, where they are actually flying into.

New Jersey has a long and proud history and it would be nice if that an airline operating in our state would acknowledge that just like they acknowledge it with all the other cities and states I have flown into.

Thank you -

New Jersey Proud!

New Jersey Tour Guide

Unhappy Jersey Store

Hi Jersey Devil, You are right. It does not exist if you happen to be looking for it. My son and I looked for a listing (from Marlton) and there was no listing. Anyway I never did see any welcome signs in New Jersey either. All I remember were the signs when you enter another town. Ofcourse that does not mean there aren't any. It does sound as if NY has adopted Newark. How strange. Marianita

Recent Resident

Quote Originally Posted by Marianita
    Hi Jersey Devil, You are right. It does not exist if you happen to be looking for it. My son and I looked for a listing (from Marlton) and there was no listing. Anyway I never did see any welcome signs in New Jersey either. All I remember were the signs when you enter another town. Ofcourse that does not mean there aren't any. It does sound as if NY has adopted Newark. How strange. Marianita
    Hey, Mari...

I believe it's a two-fold issue. First, New York enjoys stealing Jersey's thunder... everyone's thunder it can, actually. Second, it's likely that the Port Authority doesn't want to remind travelers that they are in Newark... the city still has something of a stigma attached to it.

The only other similar situation I'm aware of is flying into Cincinnati... whose airport is actually in Kentucky. However at that airport, you see signs everywhere that read "Welcome to Cincinnati AND Northern Kentucky!!!" Why couldn't PA put up signs that read welcome to Newark, New Jersey and Metropolitan New York?

Thanks for the heads up about the Non Listing.Our toy store is not listed either and there are about 5 stores on the list that do no exist any more.
    Marianita your books are on their way.
    DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR

New Jersey Tour Guide

Smile Jersey Store

Hi roadbldr, Well, hard to say but it would be the ideal thing to do. Newark belongs to New Jersey, not New York. But as you said NY likes to steal New Jersey's thiunder so there you have it. It may change one of these days. Issues like this need to be run by whomever has the power to change things like that. Marianita

New Jersey Tour Guide

Cool Jersey Store

Thankyou Dave. It will be fun reading them. I hope I don't scare myself. I appreciate your doing this for me. Marianita