Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Pizzeria

New Jersey Ambassador Admin & Founder JerseyDevil's Avatar

Default Favorite Pizzeria

What is your favorite pizza place in New Jersey? I don't mean the crap fastfood junk like dominoes or pizza hut. I mean REAL New JERSEY pizza with the cheese dripping off when you pick it up.

Mine is Sansone Brother's on rt 27 in Franklin. They have their oven at a high temperature so the bottom of the crust is crusty - not limp like too many pizza places make theirs. They also make their sauce with crushed tomatoes.

Another good one is Dominics in Piscataway/Dunellen on Washington Ave I think. Aljons in Plainsboro I don't really like because they have limp crust - they only made it once where I really liked it. Romeo's is also the same way.

Man - now I'm hungry for some Sansone Brother's.

BTW - Sansone Brother's used to make awesome deep fried pepperoni Calzones.

Lady ***** of the Forest

Damn! I knew I shouldn't have read this post. I'm hungry for pizza, too.

Recent Resident

A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep;

Rich Tolbee
    *advertising link removed*

---Sorry - your link is pure advertising and your post has nothing to do with pizza. I have therefore edited out your link. If you would like to advertise - please contact us. - JD

Another great Pizzeria is Cranbury Pizza. They crust is crusty. They have outdoor dining too. I think the waitress service sort of ruins the traditional pizzeria atmosphere though. I just like going up to the counter and ordering a pizza. And what's up with giving fork and knife. I can't believe people actually eat pizza with a fork and knife. But oh well - the Pizza is excellent and I highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
    What is your favorite pizza place in New Jersey? I don't mean the crap fastfood junk like dominoes or pizza hut. I mean REAL New JERSEY pizza with the cheese dripping off when you pick it up.
    I've always been a sucker for a good slice (or even a whole pie) of Sila Bella's pizza in Toms River NJ. They always have an excellent selection of strange pizza's like Cheesesteak pizza, Baked Ziti Pizza, and so many others. If your ever in the area of Rt 9 and Rt 571 in Toms River, stop in and check out Sila Bella.

PS: Best time to get the crazy selection of variety pizzas is between 12pm - 5pm.

- Skatin.
    Rabid Land BBS
    http://RabidLand.StaticSilence.net

Quote Originally Posted by Skatin
    I've always been a sucker for a good slice (or even a whole pie) of Sila Bella's pizza in Toms River NJ. They always have an excellent selection of strange pizza's like Cheesesteak pizza, Baked Ziti Pizza, and so many others. If your ever in the area of Rt 9 and Rt 571 in Toms River, stop in and check out Sila Bella.

PS: Best time to get the crazy selection of variety pizzas is between 12pm - 5pm.

- Skatin.
    Rabid Land BBS
    http://RabidLand.StaticSilence.net
    Is Sila Bella in the plaza next to the Mobil gas station, right along the GS Parkway?
    Sincerely,
    Anthony

NJ & You, Perfect Together

Quote Originally Posted by MITHRANDIR
    Is Sila Bella in the plaza next to the Mobil gas station, right along the GS Parkway?
    That's the place! I've also heard they're chicken wing pizza is pretty good but I've never tried it yet. I actually haven't been there in awhile, and all this talk of pizza, I'm gonna have to go and get a slice.

- Skatin

Default PIZZA

My favorite Piizza place growing up was Carlos Pizza in Sayreville. i have not been there for a while but i hear it is still there.
    DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR

Sila Bella's.. VERY good food! I can say living in the area. GREAT. Of course Marruca's in Seaside Awesome. I am blessed where I am I can make a BIG list of AWESOME pizza place.

In South Toms River, Midtown Pizza. Used to be called Avellino's (Home of the 16" Pie) Still is just as great as before.

Shady Rest in Forked Rive on Route 9.. GREAT pizza.

Ferrari's In Beachwood AWESOME.

Jerseydevil, can speak from expierence I know as he loves to preach..
    Try another state's pizza.. and then you'll love NJ's even more!
    Joe
    Beachwood, Ocean County
    AboutNewJersey.com Weather Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Radiojoe315
    Sila Bella's.. VERY good food! I can say living in the area. GREAT. Of course Marruca's in Seaside Awesome. I am blessed where I am I can make a BIG list of AWESOME pizza place.

In South Toms River, Midtown Pizza. Used to be called Avellino's (Home of the 16" Pie) Still is just as great as before.

Shady Rest in Forked Rive on Route 9.. GREAT pizza.

Ferrari's In Beachwood AWESOME.
    Steve and I go to the one on Rt 9 in Beachwood, that one is good, but I can't think of the name. It's just south of the Lobster Shatty and on the othe4r side of the brdge that crosses Toms River. Did you include that one in your list?

My favorite pizza though is still Sansone Brothers in Frankline, by Kendall Park.
    Jerseydevil, can speak from expierence I know as he loves to preach..
    Try another state's pizza.. and then you'll love NJ's even more!
    Yeah - you learned that from personal experience. Before you didn't have a proper appreciation of NJ pizza.
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

I havent been to the Shady Rest in about 15 years i rember the Pizza was very good
    DAVE GERING
    MANAGER JERSEY STORE EWR

Jdevil, think your reffering to Alfredos. I havent been there in so long that I had forgotten about them. Bad location to get in and out of. But you are right. They have a nive pie.

As for the Shady Rest.. I loved their food. It was awesome. And then they had undergone new ownership in the past couple of years. and it wasnt good at all. I was there on New Years Eve because I heard they were under new ownership. It was GREAT. The sauce was awesome. Just as good as it was before. So I am hoping that the pizza is. Maybe I'll look into that one this weekend! Great place though.
    Joe
    Beachwood, Ocean County
    AboutNewJersey.com Weather Blog

New Jersey Tour Guide Jersey Warren's Avatar

Smile Best Pizza in New Jersey

When I was growing up, they had really good pizza in Begen County. My friend Mike Manna's family owned a place called the Tower of Pizza on Route 17 in Ramsey. They were good, as was a place called Pizza Town USA on Route 17 in Paramus and a place called Mama Rosa's in Ridgewood.

After I grew up and went back, the pizza in Bergen County wasn't as good. I think it's because the sons of the original Italian pizza owners didn't want to go into the family business. My friend Mike is now a lawyer. When he was in law school his father told him if he didn't make it he always had a job at the Tower of Pizza. He said that was a good incentive to finish law school!

I've found in recent years that the Shore pizza places are better than where I grew up, probably because lots of Italians from "up North" moved to Toms River and Seaside Heights. My favorite, as I said in another post, is Three Brothers on the Seaside Heights boardwalk. There is another place on Route 37 near Oak Ridge Parkway in Toms River (can't remember the name) that is also very good.

Tourist

Default Delorenzos

Delorenzos Pizza..Hamilton Ave...Trenton, NJ..definitely.

Tourist

Living in Paterson, we have plenty of pizza places to pick from. My top three are:

1) Broadway Pizza (Gotta love their Chicken Pizza)

2) Frank and Joe's (just plain ol' good pizza)

3) Century Pizza ( Not only good pizza, but their stomboli is just the best!)

Recent Resident

Espositos in Cedar Grove is my favorite--a second is Nikolas in Califon. Yum to both.

Tourist

Default Good Pizza Places

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
    What is your favorite pizza place in New Jersey?
    I've always been a big fan of Sila Bella and Geno D's in Toms River. The crust from Lisa's near the Wal-Mart on Rt. 37 is pretty good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberflea
    I've always been a big fan of Sila Bella and Geno D's in Toms River. The crust from Lisa's near the Wal-Mart on Rt. 37 is pretty good too.
    Welcome Cyberflea. I haven't tried those pizzerias. I'm usually going to Attilio's on Rt 166. They good have pretty good pizza, but not as good as Sansone Brother's in Franklin (by Kendall Park in South Brunswick).
    New Jersey is the only state honored by two resorts at Walt Disney World. The Beach Club Resort, modeled after Historic Cape May and The Boardwalk Resort, after Atlantic City. If the Jersey Shore is good enough for Walt Disney to recreate, isn't the REAL Jersey Shore even better for you and your family?

Things to do in NJ: Attraction Guide
    Where to Stay in NJ: Hotel Guide
    What's Happening in NJ: Event Guide
    NJ Visitor & Vacation Guide Request Form

AboutNewJersey.com on Facebook
    The Jersey Shore on Facebook

New Jersey Proud!
    Let's GO RUTGERS and New Jersey Devils!!!
    The Proud to be New Jersey Teams!

Recent Resident Impeach Corzine's Avatar

Default Best Pizza

Marinelli's Pizza on Rt 12 in Flemington

Tourist

We love Algieri's in Belleville.Thin and crunchy.