PDA

View Full Version : Want Recommendation for Unmobbed Beach

usv8lover
08-26-2010, 04:14 PM
I used to love Ocean Grove because it only had some senior citizens on it for part of the day but it became a great family beach. There was even a time when no one was on the beach at Long Branch. (Yes, I am talking quite a few years ago.)

Is there a nice beach towards the northern part of the coast that isn't a mob scene? I would love to go this weekend.

Thanks,
Wendy

JerseyDevil
09-04-2010, 03:17 PM
I used to love Ocean Grove because it only had some senior citizens on it for part of the day but it became a great family beach. There was even a time when no one was on the beach at Long Branch. (Yes, I am talking quite a few years ago.)

Is there a nice beach towards the northern part of the coast that isn't a mob scene? I would love to go this weekend.

Thanks,
Wendy
Sorry I didn't get to respond sooner. It would be really hard to find a beach - even one like Island Beach State Park that isn't busy during Memorial Day weekend. One beach that I know of that usually isn't overly crowded is the most southern tip of the state - Cape May Point. The bay beaches of Cape May might also be less crowded as well.